(TW) Part 10 // Meet you again

I'm a mess but I'm the mess that you wanted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TW = mention of SA
 

 

 

+++

 

 

 

The interview day arrived and Minjeong couldn't help but felt nervous what was bound to happen. She just hope everything will going well and she

gets the job.

 

 

 

Ningning messaged her earlier, talking about meeting her after the interview. When she left Seoul, she kept her contact with the Chinese and oh well, her cousin. It's been awhile since she met the former. Ningning didn’t know yet about her mother, maybe she will tell about it when they meet.

 

 

 

"Nervous for big day?" Wendy cracked a joke, trying to ease the blondie which seems to be working.

 

 

 

"It's just an interview."

 

 

 

"Sure whatever you say." The latter made a face.

 

 

 

Minjeong chuckled. Living with Wendy is great so far. The latter know when to joke around and yeah, she bought a lot of foods which one of reasons or probably the biggest reason why Minjeong enjoyed living with her.

 

 

 

"It's barely 8am, do you want some breakfast? I can whip anything I can find in there." The brunette asked, pointing towards the small kitchen in her apartment. Minjeong shook her head and shot a grateful smile.

 

 

 

" Thanks unnie but don't bother. I think we need to do a groceries soon."

 

 

 

"Oh, that bad?"

 

 

 

"I can hardly find anything so yeah."

 

 

 

"Okay, this Friday, date with the charming Son Seungwan." The brunette exclaimed and puffed her chest proudly making Minjeong rolling her eyes playfully.

 

 

 

"I'm going to update this with Irene unnie."

 

 

 

The horror that settled on Wendy's face was enough to make Minjeong's day a bit brighter. She doesn't know why that girl is so afraid of her cousin. Irene doesn't seems like a type to hit people.

 

 

 

"I got to go now."

 

 

 

"Do you need a lift?"

 

 

 

"Nah, I already book an uber. Bye unnie, don't forget to bring dinner tonight!!" Minjeong shouted as she reached the front door and quickly wore her heels. She heard a muffled groan from behind and giggled.

 

 

 

So yeah, living with Wendy is great. She is thankful for that.

 

 

 

 

+++

 

 

 

Throughout the journey to the said company, all Minjeong did was staring outside the car's window. The street is bustling with crowds. There were people talking, walking and mostly inside the restaurant or café, getting a good meal of breakfast before rocking their world.

 

 

 

Minjeong stared and tried to ease her nerves. She really hope to get the job, if not she has to find another which is hard. She looked at her wristwatch and caressed it softly.

 

 

 

It was her mom's.

 

 

 

The last gift she ever gave to her.

 

 

 

She treasures it a lot, even more now that the owner isn't here anymore.

 

 

 

"Miss, we are here." The driver's voice woke her up from her thoughts. She nodded her head and replied a 'thank you' before getting out from the car. She watched as the car sped up and fixed her blouse.

 

 

 

Together with a confident smile, Minjeong made her way into the lobby. She approached the receptionist and asked for the interview. The girl which is the receptionist looked at her up and down before grabbing the landline phone beside her to make a call.

 

 

 

Upon hearing the latter talking to someone through phone, Minjeong took that as a chance to look around. "So this is how office looks like. Cool." She mumbled to herself. Her gaze then stop at the black sedan that slowly parked right at where her uber dropped her off earlier.

 

 

 

There she saw a man walked out and went around to open the backseat's door. Not to mention the way almost everyone in the lobby attention is now on the mystery car. Before she could wait and see what was commotion is about, the receptionist earlier called her back.

 

 

 

"Ms. Kim Minjeong, Mr. Jang Yuk is happy to see you right now. Please follow me."

 

 

 

Shrugging away her curiosity, Minjeong, with the biggest smile she could offer, trailing behind the said woman. Once in a while she would crack her knuckles, an act she usually do when she is nervous.

 

 

 

They got into elevator and the woman pressed number 9. While waiting, Minjeong decided to send a quick text to Ningning, telling the latter about her interview. All she got was a good luck and how the latter still in need of sleep. Minjeong chuckled to herself and replied with a sticker before shut her phone down when the elevator dinged.

 

 

 

"His office is in the middle and you can see his name on the door. Good luck." She told Minjeong in happy tone, again eyeing the blonde up and down.

 

 

 

"He must be so happy to see you." She muttered but sadly Minjeong didn't get that giving the fact she is too nervous to think about anything else.

 

 

 

"Thank you." The blonde shot and bowed politely, dragging her feet to find Mr. Jang's office. The ninth floor wasn't packed with people so it's already a dead giveaway that the floor is only for the higher-ups. When she finally found the door that she was looking for, she took a deep breath and knocked it twice.

 

 

 

"Come in." A faint, deep voice greeted her ears as she pulled the knob and slowly walked in. She closed the door and brushed her outfit to fix crumples region.

 

 

 

"Ms. Kim Minjeong?" There is a very unsettling feelings when she heard Mr. Jang Yuk said her name but she shrugged it off. It was probably nothing.

 

 

 

Nodding her head came as a reply and she saw the way the man in front of her scanning her outfit before humming in approvement. "You can take a sit. I prepared you a tea in case you feel too nervous."

 

 

 

Forcing herself to take a seat in front of that man, Minjeong faked a smile. She already felt conscious with the way he looked at her but she lifted her mood up with positive thinking.

 

 

 

"Hmm, looking at your profile, I could say you are very capable of this position."

 

 

 

"Thank you."

 

 

 

"You seem nervous, don't worry, you can drink the tea."

 

 

 

Again, Minjeong replied with a 'thank you' and slowly reaching for the cup only to pause midway. She brought her both hands and wiped it to her slack after felt it a bit cold and clammy. She then glanced at him and realized the latter was waiting for her.

 

 

 

Not wanting to give a bad impressions, Minjeong reached again for the cup and finally took a sip. The tea tasted weird, maybe a bit sweeter than it supposed so. She thought maybe the latter is a sweet tooth so she brushed it off.

 

 

 

"Okay, we will discuss about the contract.."

 

 

 

Maybe Minjeong thought too soon cause she doesn't understand why the she suddenly felt dizzy right now. As far as she can remember, she didn't have any fever or migraine lately. The sudden pain that shot through her head made her hand unconsciously reached her head, trying to ease it.

 

 

 

At that time, she doesn’t even realized that Mr. Jang Yuk wasn't there anymore, instead he was already beside her. When she felt a rough hand touched her shoulder, she backed away immediately.

 

 

 

"Mr. Jang. I-I think I can't get through the interview today.. My head kind of hurts." Minjeong apologized and was about to stand up before stumbling down onto his chest. She tried to fight the pain and pushed him away but he kept her locked tighter.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter