Part 12 // A way out for us

I'm a mess but I'm the mess that you wanted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

This is a bad news.

 

 

Whatever that man is planning or his conditions are, Minjeong couldn't help but to get a bad feelings about it. It seems like he don't want to let it go that easily and Minjeong simply afraid of what he's capable of.

 

 

At first, she thought she will just got inform about the condition and left the party after that. Never in her life she ever thought to be introduce as the heir of whatever company it is.

 

 

She doesn't care.

 

 

She doesn't want it.

 

 

Hell, she didn't even dream about it at all.

 

 

Not to mention, this mean she need to associate her life with that which she simply doesn't want to, at all. She rather die than agreeing that he is in fact her father.

 

 

"You didn't see him?" She asked the manservant who is in charge of serving drinks there. Apparently, she just knew about the introduction thingy from the latter secretary and now she want some words with her so called 'Grandfather'.

 

 

This wasn't what they talked about.

 

 

A voice suddenly greeted both of them making her turned around almost immediately due to the familiarity in it. In front of her stood a young and dashing woman, clad in her business suit attire. It took Minjeong a few seconds to check the latter before moving to her face and realization hit her.

 

 

It is Yu Jimin.

 

 

And damn she is so hot in those.

 

 

Warmth spread across her face when she recalled the thought that crossed her head. "Damn it, keep it together Minjeong." She cursed inside her mind as she fix her posture back.

 

 

Upon remembering what happened between them, a small fire that lit up within her eyes before slowly turning colder. "What are you doing here?" She shot the question and tilted her head a bit, a habit she always do whenever she felt confused or curious.

 

 

And now she is curious.

 

 

But it could be that she was invited right? She is, after all, a CEO of her family's corporation.

 

 

Minjeong shook her head, finally realised how silly her question was. "Nevermind, don't answer it." Feeling like nothing to say anymore to the latter as they weren't even friend to begin with, Minjeong stepped back and bowed politely before took a leave. She need to find the old Kim after all.

 

 

Jimin who is still shocked by the girl's presence in this kind of event just gaped at Minjeong's figure that slowly faded away. Soon enough she wake up from her trance by her father who randomly popped up and smacked her shoulder.

 

 

"Jimin? What are you staring at?"

 

 

"Huh?"

 

 

On the other hand, Minjeong finally found her so called 'grandfather' and approached the latter. It seems like he was talking to an elderly woman who looks so much like Jimin.

 

 

Is that?

 

 

"Ah dear Minjeong, come here. Let me introduce you to Mrs Yu. She is a family's friend."

 

 

The way her name rolled from the old man's tongue made Minjeong clenched her jaw unconsciously. The audacity to call her dear? Right after threatening her? Go to hell.

 

 

"Is she-"

 

 

"Mom."

 

 

Minjeong knew that voice. She knew so much that she didn't dare to look up even though she could tell the latter was staring at her. Hell, why is she suddenly here? God please don't let they knew that she and Jimin knew each other.

 

 

She doesn't know what happened as she was busy avoiding eye contacts but somehow suddenly she got pulled by the old Kim, leaving both Jimin and her mother. She tried to pull her hand back but this old man ignored her and kept walking forward.

 

 

"It's about to start, come on."

 

 

And here we are to this part that she never want to be participated with. Knowing that she will have to revolve her life around that bastard again making her stomach churned. A lot of what ifs came bursting through her mind.

 

 

What if she didn’t come back here? For sure they won't find her.

 

 

What if she just follow her mother and end all of these sufferings?

 

 

That's BS. Juhyun unnie wouldn't like that.

 

 

She closed her eyes as a surge of pain shot through her head. Stress due to overthinking. That was what a doctor told her that one time when she went to get herself check since the pain seems to come and go regularly. Out of sudden, she felt a rising nausea coming through . When will this event is going to come to end?

 

 

"Everyone must be wondering who are we celebrating for, right? Well, after years and years searching for Kim Dal's daughter, we finally found her."

 

 

A round of applauses can be heard, not calming Minjeong's anxiety at all. 17 years of keep running with telling everyone that she met in her life about her nonexistent father, she never thought the day of her acknowledging him is alive will come. At times like this, Minjeong wished her mother is still here.

 

 

Only her know what to do, where to go or even better, talk to this family.

 

 

Her uncle did tell Minjeong about how in love both of her parent were before she was born. That information got her thinking that if she wasn't born maybe her mother wouldn't be suffered.

 

 

Just maybe, she will still be here.

 

 

"Minjeong, dear, come here."

 

 

After got introduced to everyone there that she is in fact the daughter of that He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, her grandfather pulled her away from stage and handed her a flute of champagne. Feeling a bit weirded out by the civility, Minjeong took the flute and brought it closer to take a whiff of it.

 

 

"About the house.." He started off which took the latter interest.

 

 

Finally.

 

 

"What is it."

 

 

Minjeong can't wait anymore. She just want to get over all of this already. Maybe after that she can make a housewarming party? She should probably wait for Juhyun unnie to come back. Oh and she can invite Ningning too. It has been awhile since they last hangout together.

 

 

"I want you to marry for the family."

 

 

The way Minjeong snapped her head towards the old Kim was so fast that anyone who saw it would wince in pain because of the sound it produced. She admitted, it's kind of hurting a bit but that was her least concern by now.

 

 

She stared at him, looking for any traces showing that he was joking but no, he wore the same serious expression when they first met and talked about the contract.

 

 

"You are joking.."

 

 

Minjeong knew it, this is a bad news.

 

 

 

 

 

 

++++

 

 

 

"He what?"

 

 

A tipsy Kim Minjeong nodded her head warily, feeling numb with the pain inside her heart as she keeps chugging more and more alcohol into her system. In front of her stood her bestfriend, sister and safe haven, Ning Yizhuo, looking bewildered with the latter situation.

 

 

"Marry for the family? Is he insane?? What's up with the rich people stereotypes? Dude what if he got you some old, toothless man with 3 wives-"

 

 

Minjeong glared and hissed loudly which received a bunch of roll eyes from the former. "He won't-"

 

 

"Yeah yeah and I hate shopping."

 

 

"Ning.."

 

 

"What about Jimin? You said you saw her there right? Did anything happened with her? She still hasn't got marry right? You can ask her."

 

 

"Why would something happen? We are not like that." Upon hearing her bestfriend's answer, Ningning swore she could pull her hair off, pack her things and moved to India right now.

 

 

"Come on, Min. Just admit about it. It's just me okay, your bestfriend. I have seen the way you looked at her back in high school. If that wasn't love then what Ryan Reynolds and Blake lively have are BS."

 

 

Silence engulfed between them as no one dares to speak up. It seems like Minjeong wasn't that fond of the idea of talking about a certain woman. "I can't do it.." She muttered softly that if Ningning wasn't paying attention, she wouldn't hear it.

 

 

"I have brought enough pain for her.. I can't make her deal more of it."

 

 

"Min-"

 

 

"I can't let everyone that I hold dearly in my heart got to taste the same misery as me. You see how I'm, right? I'm too broken right now. I can't love nor give love to anyone, especially her."

 

 

"Oh Min.." Ningning wiped the latter tears with her handkerchief and pat her back, drawing in circle to calm her. She has known Minjeong since the first time they met as a freshman in high school. The latter always carried this independent aura around her that made most people afraid to approach her. She also never once see her cry.

 

 

This, might be the first time in her life.

 

 

After Minjeong finally calm, she felt like it was Ningning's turn to talk about her life so she nudged the latter and gave her a look. The younger complied and talk about mundane things in her life until Minjeong got reminded of something.

 

 

"How is Aeri by the way. How are you guys progressing?"

 

 

A year after Minjeong left highschool, the Japanese girl finally asked Ningning out and Minjeong found out about it after 5 months as the girl finally got a hold of her bestfriend. The blonde couldn't stay mad even if she wanted to. After all, it was her own fault for suddenly went MIA.

 

 

When she heard about the two, she couldn't be happier because she has been rooting for them since Ningning first gushed about her tiny crush on a certain Japanese girl. And looking how happy her bestfriend for the past few years, she can only assume that the latter treat her right.

 

 

"We broke up last week."

 

 

Maybe Minjeong spoke too soon.

 

 

"What? Why?"

 

 

The red-head smile sadly and swirling her glass. "Aeri said that her parent need her in Japan and it might be too long before she could come back, no scratch that, she said she doesn't know if she could ever come back.."

 

 

Minjeong waited for the latter to continue as this one stopped for a brief and chugged her glass in one shot. "She told it would be hard for me, us, to do a long distance thingy. She doesn't want to hurt me so she let me go."

 

 

"But she's still hurting you by this, Ning-ah.." Minjeong held the latter hand and rubbed it softly. She suddenly felt annoyed with Aeri's stupid decision. How could she just do that? Was she had always be that coward.

 

 

Way to go Minjeong-ah, don’t forget that you are also a coward.

 

 

"It's okay, I'm over it." The blonde g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter