Apartment

Make it happen

Minjeong just parked her car and grabbed a bag of snacks along with her handbag and phone. She exited the car before locking it. She run her fingers through her hair and looking up at the apartment. She smiled and went inside. 

Jimin called her to come over, saying that she wanted to show her new apartment. Minjeong has no reason to say no besides, she can't deny that she's getting close to her again and she loves being with Jimin.

"You came." Jimin smiled widely and pulled her in for a quick hug before pulling away to close the door.

"I brought some snacks." Minjeong told her.

"You don't have to but thank you." Jimin took the bag from her to put them in the kitchen while Minjeong just walked around. She took note that Jimin did great designing her home. The place screams Yoo Jimin.

Then she stopped in front of a small frame of an old picture of her and Jimin. They were sitting on a bench, Jimin squinting her eyes because of the sunlight and Minjeong laughed happily beside her while looking at her. Minjeong remembered this, Ningning was the one who took this picture.

When Jimin went to the living room, she saw Minjeong was staring at their picture. Jimin sighed, it was the time when Minjeong practically dragged her out to hang out with her and Ningning since she was always busy.

Jimin walked slowly behind Minjeong and held her shoulders, massaging her shoulders gently.

"I still keep all of our pictures." Jimin said. Minjeong only hummed. She was about to move when Jimin wrapped her right arm around Minjeong's neck from behind and rested her chin on Minjeong's left shoulder.

"I missed you so much." Jimin whispered and buried her nose on Minjeong's shoulder, taking in her scent.

Minjeong's heart pounded so hard because of Jimin's bold behaviour. She is not used to this Jimin. Jimin had never been this way with her before. She's not complaining though, she loves every attention she got from Jimin and all the skinship the older girl did with her.

Minjeong pulled Jimin's arm down and turned around to face her. Jimin stood up straight and reached Minjeong's waist to pull her close. Minjeong got startled but slowly calm down in her arms. 

"I..."

"Hm?"

Jimin gave a gentle smile as she caressed Minjeong's waist lovingly.

"I missed you too."

There. Minjeong finally admitted it to Jimin. Jimin's hand stopped caressing her as soon as those words left Minjeong's mouth. Her smile got wider and she put her forehead on Minjeong's forehead

"You do?" She asked in whisper.

"Yeah."

Jimin closed her eyes and sighed softly.

"Thank you." She said.

"Huh?"

"Thank you for telling me that. It makes me happy."

"Oh. Sure."

Jimin then hugged her slowly, tightening her hold on Minjeong. She feel content. Just having Minjeong closer is enough for her right now. She told herself, it'll take time. She will slowly heal Minjeong's heart as well as hers. She promised that she would be with her through it all. She will never leave her Minjeong anymore.

"I know this is too early and fast but, do you want to stay over? I want to spend the night with you, we can watch movies or just talking. Anything you like."

"Okay." Minjeong snuggled more into Jimin, smiling as she gets to hold Jimin this close.

She cannot deny that it has been long since she last felt happy like this. She missed feeling this warm and happy.

"I heard from Ningning."

"Mhm."

"That Aeri told her..."

"Hmm."

"That you feel uneasy because of the rumour."

Jimin stiffened and blinked her eyes. She almost forgot about the rumour.

"I want to explain."

"Okay."

"I honestly didn't know he is from a popular boy band."

"..."

"And we bumped into each other one time and took wrong wallet so that's why I met him again, to exchange our wallet. We never speak with each other again after that."

"It was an empty rumour then."

"Yeah. You know me and my... Well, reputation. People always try to find any update about my love life since it seems like they are interested in my relationship."

Jimin pulled away to look at Minjeong.

"Do you want to change that?"

"What do you mean?"

"We can give them something else to talk about instead of assuming something that were not even true."

"Like?"

"Like... This?" Jimin grabbed Minjeong's hands and kissed them while looking at her.

"They can talk about me being your potential lover instead of assuming you were dating that boy or anyone else. Of course only if it's okay with you."

"I... Don't know."

"It's also because I don't like that people think you are going to see someone new or just anyone that was not me. I know we're not more than anything right now but I'm getting there, with you."

Minjeong looked into Jimin's sincere eyes as Jimin played with her fingers.

"I am really serious about you, about us. This is not just because of our family arrangement, no. I'm doing this because I want to. I want to be with you again, Minjeong ah."

"Hmm. Okay, I don't mind... I guess."

"Okay? You are not going to take back your words?"

"I-"

Just then, Jimin's phone was ringing. She pulled Minjeong with her and make her sit on the couch before taking her phone on the coffee table to answer the call. 

"Yes Aeri?"

"Daebak. Look at the news." 

Jimin frowned but proceed to turn on the TV and there she saw her name on the headlines along with Minjeong's name. Then a few pictures of her arm around Minjeong when they were at the cafe earlier today. 

"Guess you got rid of the previous rumour now. Since you just gave another topic for people to talk about. Bye." 

Jimin almost cursed when Aeri just hung up on her like that. She turned the volume up and raised her eyebrows when the reporter said that she was being a sweet friend and really care about Minjeong. 

Jimin scoffed then turned off the TV. 

"Sweet friend huh. Dumb." Jimin rolled her eyes in annoyance.

Minjeong just looked up at her. She was amused to see this kind of reaction from Jimin. Before she know it, she was chuckling already which makes Jimin to look at her.

"That's funny to you?" Jimin asked in disbelieved.

"Um. Is it not?"

"Heck no. They thought I'm just being a sweet friend! I never even treat Aeri like that. While you and that Jaemin boy, were just exchanging wallet and yet they assumed you were dating? What kind of nonsense is this?"

Minjeong chuckled again and found Jimin's annoyed face to be funny. It's a new sight for her that Jimin got annoyed because of the rumour of her with a boy.

Jimin looked down and smiled seeing Minjeong laughed.

'Level up!' Jimin celebrated in her head. She just made Minjeong laughed.

"I love to see your smile and even better, your laugh." Jimin said and sat beside her.

"Mm." Minjeong is now just smiling.

"Stop smiling like that to me." Jimin said and put her left palm on Minjeong's right cheek.

"You have no idea what that smile of yours do to my whipped heart." Jimin whispered.

"I'm just... Happy."

"You do?" Jimin asked, surprised.

"Yeah."

"I make you happy?"

"Yes." Minjeong nodded.

"That's... Good. I'm happy too. I want to keep making you happy." Jimin smiled at her.

"Let's go out for a date tomorrow." Jimin said.

That's one new thing about Jimin now. She was the one who kept asking to go for a date together and she always asked Minjeong out whenever they were free. Minjeong likes it, of course. She used to force her and even dragged her out in the past but now, Jimin was doing it willingly. She's clingy now compared to last time.

"A casual one?"

"A casual one."

"Sure."

"For now, let's cuddle. Can we?"

Minjeong chuckled and nodded her head. Jimin grinned and quickly wrapped her arm around Minjeong. She had no idea what she did that makes Minjeong to suddenly open up to her like this, and even become more comfortable now around her but she love it. 

She will cherish this. She will cherish Minjeong.