Fast forward

Make it happen

Minjeong is slowly warming up to Jimin. She can see Jimin's effort and sincerity. Jimin never fails to send her a good morning text everyday, cheering her up to start the day and she will call her at night before they sleep or she will leave a good night text when Minjeong fell asleep already.

Unlike before, Jimin knew how to balance her time now. Despite of being busy, she make time for Minjeong. She spent time to take her out for a date and always checked on her when she knows Minjeong was having a busy schedule.

2 months passed by like 2 days to them. Time seemed to fly by so fast that they did not notice how closer they are again now. The rumours about them died down already and people get used to see them together as close friends ever since Ningning mentioned in one of her interviews that the three of them were close old friends.

However, it did not stop the reporter from trying to get any new information about Minjeong's new fling. Some thought that maybe Minjeong was on a break since Jimin came back home and they were busy trying to catch up.

No one had ever thought that maybe the two of them were dating each other as everyone was convinced that they are just friends. Jimin was fine with that. She was fine that people thinks that way until a certain rumour broke out.

"Who the hell came up with a stupid rumour like this, Aeri?"

It was a fine afternoon until Aeri broke into Jimin's new office, sharing the news she just found out. Kim Minjeong was rumoured to be dating one of SM Ent's popular boy band member, Jaemin.

"You know how the reporters are. They see what they want to see and think however they want to think." Aeri said.

"And who is this Jaemin guy?" Jimin asked, frowning while searching up about the boy through her phone.

"How is he related with my Minjeong?" Jimin asked, feeling annoyed.

"Based on the pictures spreading around, paparazzi caught them together once or two times." Aeri answered.

"That does not mean that they were even together. Why do they always like to jump into a nonsense conclusion?" Jimin groaned in frustration.

"Woah there. Never seen you this frustrated. Like we know, it was just a rumour. You have never been like this when Minjeong were dating those girls before." Aeri said.

"That was last time, Aeri. When I was still out of her life. Now is different, I am courting her, remember? And I don't like the rumour. I mean, they have eyes right? Can't they see? Out of everyone, they should see me as Minjeong's potential lover? I kept taking her out and meeting her. My goodness." Jimin loosened up her tie and ed her blazer.

"Okay. You treat her well and were so sweet to her. But that act was what some best friends do for each other too. Maybe you should step up your game you know. Minjeong is a catch, I tell you. Especially when now she does not make any trouble anymore and bringing up her family's name into a good causes being a responsible heiress. For sure, people would want her more now. Hell, she was even wanted by so many during her rebellion era."

Jimin just frowned when Aeri said that.

 

While on the other hand, Ningning was having a good time teasing Minjeong for being rumoured with a boy group's member.

"Man. You are always being paired with good looking, popular people."

"Shut up."

"It would be funny when people found out what's the behind story of you and him meeting each other. Who would have thought that you accidentally took his wallet instead of yours when you guys bumped into each other one time. Gosh, what a clumsy person you are."

"Yaaaahh! Stop making fun of me." Minjeong hissed and throw a small pillow to Ningning's face who just laughed at her.

"He was careless too. How come he didn't notice that it wasn't his wallet that he carried. So basically, it's his fault too for being clumsy." Minjeong said.

"Yeah, sure." Ningning laughed again.

"We met to exchange our wallets. It does not even look like we met for a date or anything. It was a short meet up!"

"Oh you know, human. They love to make assumptions."

"Ugh. Whatever."

 

 

... 

 

 

Aeri dragged Jimin out of her office to grab some lunch and to cheer her up. Jimin was still upset about the rumour surrounding Minjeong. It's not like she can't talk or ask Minjeong about it but she just does not want to. She was still careful around Minjeong, trying not to upset her.

"Come on. Stop sulking. People are watching." Aeri said and eating happily while Jimin just kept sighing as she ignored all the stares.

"What? People will create another rumour now? That we're together?"

"Pfft. 'Course not. I'm known for being your best friend. Duh. And also, I am your business partner. Please, people should know not to ship us that way." Aeri explained.

"Well I still don't-" Jimin paused when she saw Minjeong coming into the cafe, looking bored while listening to whatever Ningning told her.

"Minjeong." She mumbled.

"You still don't Minjeong? What?" Aeri asked, confused. But when Jimin looking lost while staring behind her so she turned to look who she's looking at.

"Oh."

Jimin stood up and sauntered towards Minjeong. Ningning saw her first so she greeted Jimin while Minjeong looked surprised.

"Been a long time." Jimin smiled.

"Yeah. You're doing great. I'm happy for you." Ningning said.

"Thank you. You too, I'm really proud of you."

"Ah. Thanks."

Minjeong snorted while trying to hold her laugh which caused the two to look at her.

"I'm sorry. You guys were just so awkward but it's funny." Minjeong said with a straight face. Ningning just rolled her eyes while Jimin only smiled.

"Do you guys want to join me and my friend? We're having lunch here too." Jimin asked.

"Where's your friend?" Ning asked.

"There. Let's go?" Jimin said and pointed at Aeri who were watching them in amusement.

"Okay."

"Great."

Jimin let Ningning walked first and waited for Minjeong to stand beside her. She smiled at Minjeong when Minjeong glanced at her as they walked to the table.

"Hey Aeri. My friends will be joining us, you don't mind right?" Jimin asked.

"I don't. Hey girls." Aeri smiled at them and gestured Ningning to sit beside her when she saw Jimin already pulled Minjeong to sit with her.

Jimin had this satisfied face when Minjeong sit next to her, she scooted her chair closer to Minjeong and pushed the menu towards Minjeong.

"We've ordered our food already. You guys can order yours now." Jimin said.

"What would you like to eat?" Jimin asked Minjeong softly, leaning closer.

"I don't really want anything heavy." Minjeong answered as she looked through the menu.

"You can order something light then. Let's see." Jimin mumbled and recommended good ones for Minjeong.

"What about drinks?"

"Hmm. Maybe this one."

Ningning tilted her head while Aeri crossed her arms, smirking as the two of them watched Jimin forgot about their presence to pay attention to Minjeong.

'I've never seen Jimin this attentive towards Minjeong before.' Ningning thought but slowly, a smile appeared on her face.

She looked at Minjeong's neutral expression and just nodded to anything Jimin has said. Jimin leaned her ear to listen to Minjeong whenever she speaks and her eyes always find Minjeong. She just couldn't stop staring. Ningning laughed in her head, her heart feels light and the scene in front of her just soothe her heart too.

The roles has changed. Before, it was Minjeong who used to be attentive towards Jimin and she would take care of her like the Queen she is but now it's the other way around. Ningning just hope that this time, Jimin will treat Minjeong right and give her the love that she deserve.

"Did you drive?"

"Yeah."

"I see."

Jimin then fixed Minjeong's hair and caressed her hair few times before she put her arm around Minjeong's waist when Minjeong rested her elbows on the table to put her chin on her intertwined fingers as she exchanged glances with Ningning.

Minjeong saw the glint in Ningning's eyes, she knew Ningning was amused. Minjeong shook her head before looking at Aeri who continued eating again but a smile never disappeared from her face.

"I didn't know the food will make you all smiling like this." Jimin finally looked away from Minjeong and found it weird that Aeri was smiling so wide.

"Well, I didn't know you could be all touchy with someone." Aeri smirked when Jimin raised her eyebrows.

"Same here. It's... Interesting." Ningning said.

Minjeong just listened. It's true. Jimin used to be too busy studying and working hard, that whenever they spent time together, they barely holding hands or do couple stuffs. 

"Would this be fine with you?" Jimin asked Minjeong and patted her waist twice.

"It's okay." Minjeong smiled at her.