Coldness

Make it happen

"I... I want to apologise."

"Mm? What for?" 

Jimin looked at the soft face of Minjeong and almost cooed at her. They were at their favourite cafe at the moment. 

"I think that... Uh, we should end this." Jimin looked down, not even dare to look at Minjeong's face. 

"W-What are you talking about? Did I do something?" 

Jimin shook her head. She then pulled out a folded paper and pushed it towards her on the table. 

"You-" 

"Yes. I'm flying off soon." 

"Hey. I'm happy for you. You're one step closer to your dream then! Is this the problem? Don't worry Jimin ah. I will support you all the way." Minjeong still smiling at her. 

"I know. I know you will always support me but Minjeong, maybe we really shouldn't push this relationship further." 

"Why not?" 

"I'll get busy-" 

"I can totally understand that. You have work and-" 

"But I don't want you to."

"What?"

"Minjeong ah. I really think that it's better for us to break up. Please?"

Minjeong's heart stopped beating for a while. She stared at Jimin's face. How could she say no when Jimin asked her nicely like this and with that sad face of hers, like begging her to let her go. Minjeong has always been weak to her plead and she never say no to her. 

But this time, Minjeong really wanted to say no so bad. She wanted to tell her that she can't let her go. She wanted to refuse to break up but she can't do that. She did not want to be selfish. If that was what Jimin want, then so be it. 

"Break up huh." Minjeong muttered. 

"Yeah." Jimin whispered. 

"Okay. Let's break up then." Minjeong said, smiling at her. 

"but you have to promise me that you would get what you dream of." Minjeong said, squinting her eyes. 

"I-I'll try."

"Mm. Good." Minjeong nodded. 

"Thank you for everything, Minjeong ah. Do know that you make me happy. Really, thank you." Jimin said. 

"You make me happy too. Always." Minjeong smiled. 

Where did they go wrong? They were happy, right? Minjeong was sure that Jimin still love her as she does but she cannot understand why now she asked for a break up. She wanted to ask for a more clear explanation but she did not want to pressure her. That's Minjeong, the ever so understanding Minjeong who always put Jimin first. 

"Please take care. I will go now." Jimin said and stood up. Even when she looked at Minjeong for one last time, Minjeong still smiled at her and nodded her head. 

Only after few minutes Jimin left the cafe, Minjeong let herself to breathe a little. She finally let her heart crashed. The aches was too much that she bit down her lip and let her tears out. She looked down at the small box in her hand that she had been holding. She chuckled bitterly. 

"I was planning to ask for your hands though." She whispered. 

 

 

 

 

​​​​​​..... 

 

 

 

 

How crazy can life get? All the unexpected turns of event that happened drove Minjeong crazy.

"We have board meeting next week. Make sure to clear your other schedule."

Minjeong just nodded her head and kept playing with her phone while eating.

"Who are you texting?" Her father asked, trying to hold his anger. Her mother held her father's hand to calm him down.

"Just... Someone." Minjeong mumbled while texting.

"This is why I want you to marry Jimin. You keep dating all those girls but never so serious with them. You're only giving other people a chance to badmouth you."

"Let people talk. They don't know anything anyway." Minjeong said.

"Minjeong-"

"I'm done. I have a date."

Minjeong stood up abruptly and left the dining room. Her father rubbed his face and let out a heavy sigh.

"Let her be. Besides, this is her final request if we want her to agree to marry Jimin." Mrs Kim told her husband.

"I know but it's frustrating. Mr Yoo said that his daughter is hurting and I feel guilty."

"Let our kids deal with their problem on their own. We do not have to interfere. It's enough that we tried to set them up now knowing they actually had a past together. For now, we will see where they will go together either they will end up together again or not."

 

While on the other hand, Minjeong had just finished changing her clothes. She texted her date that she will pick her up in 10 minutes. She left the mansion and drove off without delay.

While driving, someone called her so she put on her bluetooth earphone before answering the call.

"Kim Minjeong speaking."

"Where you?" 

"On my way to pick up my date. Why?" 

"Cancel it." 

"May I know why should I, Ning Yizhuo?" 

"Well, my dear best friend. Because my photoshoot got cancelled and I'm bored and I miss my best friend duh. Let's hang out." 

"Be there asap." 

Minjeong hung up before taking a U-turn. She the radio and humming to it. Ning Yizhuo is her best friend, a close friend of Jimin as well. She's the only one who stick with her through her difficult times when Jimin broke up with her. So she knew many things about them. 

She is now a well known model and Minjeong is proud of her. She is one of the most important people in Minjeong's life so she would do anything for her. Sometimes it makes her date felt irritated that she would ignore them for her best friend, including ditching them to meet her instead. It's one of the reasons why her date will get angry at her but Minjeong does not care. They get mad? Go ahead. She will drop the "let's end it here. Bye" to them.

They knew Minjeong was never serious about them yet they cannot stop themselves from falling for her charms. They might get in the news with Minjeong. However, none of the reporters ever spot Minjeong treating them like lovers do.

Minjeong simply just took them out for few dates in various places. They would just eat and talk. Minjeong would buy them stuff they asked without questions. Sometimes she took them to the club just to dance and drink. No holding hands, no hugging, no kissing, just nothing of being lovey dovey. If the girls tried to touch her, she would growl and push them away. She was known as the cold lover because of that.