Lunch

Make it happen

"Oh wow. How thoughtful of her! So that's why you both were caught in another news."

"Yeah." Minjeong slumped herself on Ningning's couch and grabbed a pack of chips for her to eat.

"This is so pretty!! Aww I have the best friends in the world." Ningning giggled and tried out the necklace right away, she tried to put on the hairpin too.

"So, what's going on with the two of you now? Oh look. You guys look cute!" Ningning squealed and showed Minjeong a picture of her and Jimin at the mall earlier today.

"You acted like she never leave us." Minjeong rolled her eyes.

"I just moved on faster than you, I guess. And I don't want to dwell on the past for too long. I mean, what we have now is what's important. We should think more about the present than the past. You get me?"

"Yeah yeah." Minjeong dismissed her without caring and kept munching the chips.

"But I understand if it's difficult for you since you are the ex girlfriend while me, I am just a friend but you know what? You can't deny what the heart wants. I know deep down, you are happy that she is back." Ningning said and put down her phone.

"Am I right?" Ningning asked carefully and looked at Minjeong. Minjeong continued munching her chips as her eyes stared blankly on the TV.

"Maybe. But I can't deny the pain that she had caused too."

"You know that I will always be here, right?"

Minjeong smiled and hugged Ningning.

"Of course and I'm thankful for you."

Ningning giggled and whispered a "of course."

'Jimin, I hope you are making things right this time. I don't want to see a hurt Minjeong again.' Ningning thought silently.

 

 

... 

 

 

Minjeong had just arrived at her home, she went to freshen up before taking another pack of chips which she brought back from Ningning's apartment. She a random drama and started munching her chips.

Just then her phone rang so she just answered the call without looking.

"Hm?"

"Minjeong? It's Jimin." 

Minjeong then looked at the caller ID and saw Jimin's old contact name. 

'She still use the old number too'

"Minjeong?" 

"Oh. Hello." 

"Hi. Did I disturb you?" 

"Not really." Minjeong just talked casually, trying to ignore how fast her heart skips a beat upon hearing Jimin's gentle voice talking to her. 

"Okay. I'm sorry for not being able to reach out to you soon. I was busy preparing to move here."

"Move here?" 

"I have decided to stay here for good. I mean, it's time that I'm back at my homeland." 

"Ah. I see. Good for you then." 

"Yeah." 

"..." 

"Minjeong?" 

"Hm?" 

"I miss you." 

Minjeong kept quiet but she closed her eyes slowly, feeling emotional after hearing that from Jimin. 

"And I'm glad that you're giving me a chance."

"..."

"Can I send you flowers?" 

"No." 

"N-No?" 

"I would prefer some snacks like chips." 

"Oh. I got it. Noted. Thanks for telling me." Jimin chuckled and Minjeong smiled hearing that lovely sound. 

"You're welcome."

"Do you- uh, would you like to have lunch with me tomorrow?" 

"Tomorrow?" 

"Yes. There's this restaurant I have been wanting to try and I would love to have your company." 

"Okay." 

"Great. I'll pick you up?" 

"I'll be at my office though." 

"That's fine. I can pick you up. What time will you be done with work before lunch?" 

"usually anytime around 12pm to 1pm."

"Then I'll be there around that time" 

"Sure." 

"Hmm. Do you want to sleep already?" 

"Probably, yeah." 

"I see. Okay. I'll hang up now. Goodnight Minjeong. I'll see you tomorrow." 

"Goodnight. You too." 

Minjeong sighed and stared at her phone screen after hanging up. She smiled sadly. She wants to be happy again, just like what Ningning told her but she can't just forget the pain that used to hurt her heart a lot.

"I'll be fine." She whispered.

 

 

... 

 

 

The next day, everyone in Minjeong's office were surprised to see Jimin again especially when she came to pick her up. They ignored all the stares and focus on each other instead. Jimin brought her to the newly opened restaurant and she's glad that the place was not packed.

"Let's sit at the corner." Jimin said and pulled Minjeong with her.

They ordered right away not to waste time as they both have a lot of work to do.

"Thank you for agreeing for this lunch." Jimin said, she sat opposite of Minjeong.

"No problem." Minjeong smiled a little and observed the place.

"This place is cozy." Minjeong commented.

"Right?"

"How did you find this place?"

"I was just walking around, looking for the apartment I'm going to buy and live in when I stumbled upon this place."

"Eh? You're not living with your parents?"

"Nah. I can stay with them maybe once a week, but depends. I just want to live by myself now."

"Oh. Okay."

"How about you?"

"I'm still living in the same mansion. Too lazy to move out." Minjeong answered coolly.

"I can totally see that." Jimin chuckled.

"So, you moved out already?"

Jimin smiled when Minjeong initiated to ask her a question, it's a good progress.

"No, I did some renovation and redesign my place. Probably around next month will be done. I just make a little changes."

"Oh? Then where do you stay now?"

"I'm staying at the hotel near the building that I bought for my new headquarter."

"You are really staying for good."

"I am."

"How's everything so far?"

"A lot of work and kind of a hassle to be honest but it's fine. It's as expected. I would renovate the building first before hiring more people. So it will be a busy year for me and my team this year since we are trying to settle down here."

"I'm sure you guys will be fine. Don't forget to take care of your health and rest too."

"Thanks." Jimin smiled at Minjeong and Minjeong looked away.

"Here's the food." The waitress served them their food.

"Smells good." Minjeong mumbled.

"Please enjoy your meal." The waitress smiled and bowed before she left them.

"Let's dig in. Eat well, Minjeong ah."

"All right."

They talked more about their work life while eating and it was enough for Jimin, as long as Minjeong wanted to talk to her. Jimin listened attentively to what Minjeong was sharing to her. She make sure to give few comments and advice once in a while which Minjeong took them all positively.

"You know that I can pay for my meal."

"I know but I want to treat you. You can pay next time, all right?"

"Next time?"

"Yeah. There will be next time, right? I want to take you out again."

"Ah. Yeah, okay."

Jimin glanced at her apartment and cannot wait to move in, she wanted to bring Minjeong and show her around someday. For now, she have to be patient first.