Chapter 3

The New Pack

Yohan was not one to lose his temper, it really took a lot for him to lose it, but he was about done with Dohyun. As much as he wanted to have the kid have a childhood, most of the others, even Dongpyo, had matured a lot over the few months they were together as a pack. Hell, even Seungyoun was serious depending on the situation. They would have to have a talk soon, Yohan just had to wait on the right time.

"I am telling you right now, yelling at him won't do you any good," said Hangyul as he walked outside to spot Yohan sitting in the grass in the backyard. "The thing is," said Yohan as he turned his head to look at Hangyul. "I want the kid to have a childhood but he's 16," he said. "At some point this will turn serious and we'll need everyone to be there," he said.

"Well, on a better note," said Hangyul. "I think Dongpyo will start changing soon," he said. "Is the smell finally strong enough for even Eunsang to notice?" Asked Yohan. "Yeah," said Hangyul. "Good," said Yohan. "We can finally see what he ends up being," he said.

"My bet is him becoming a house cat," Hangyul said with a snicker, earning a chuckle from Yohan. "Who knows," said Yohan. "Where's our hunters at?" He asked. "Minhee's returning from missions and Hyeongjun is delayed on coming back apparently," said Hangyul. "Wontak needed him for something, so he's delayed on coming back," he said. "I see," hummed Yohan.

"So what's this huge hunch that you keep having?" Asked Hangyul as a hint of concern showed on his face. "Well," said Yohan. "We all know that this territory is relatively new," he said. "I just have this weird feeling that we're about to run into some trouble soon," he said. "I know how that is," hummed Hangyul. "Just gotta be careful with how we run things," he said. "Right," said Yohan. "Keep an eye on those who haven't started changing yet," he said.

 

~



"Guys," yelled Eunsang. "We have visitors," he called, causing everyone to rush downstairs. "Who is it?" Asked Yohan. "I don't know, but they're vampires," said Eunsang. Yohan turned to Wooseok. "It's not anyone I know," said Wooseok. "I'd've let you know if they were part of my information network," he said.

"Let's go see who it is," said Yohan. "Those who haven't started changing yet, stay in the house," he said. "Wooseok, Hangyul, flank me," he said. "The others, stay close but don't wander too close," he said. When everyone nodded, Yohan headed outside with Hangyul and Wooseok. Junho, Seungyoun, and Seungwoo stayed nearby, choosing to go sit on the porch swing and observe what was going on. Yohan stepped off the front porch, nodding to the two vampires that stood in the front yard. Hangyul and Wooseok kept a relaxed posture as they put their hands in their pockets. There was a third person off to the side watching them, and Wooseok blinked in confusion before schooling his expression to be blank.

"What brings a couple vampires like you around?" Asked Yohan as he kept his alpha stance apparent. The two vampires look at each other as if contemplating what to say before the one Yohan assumed was the leader stepped forward. "I wasn't aware that Yixuan had left," he said. "He left years ago," said Yohan. "We occupy the territory now," he said.

"One of your own was part of that pack," said the leader. "Maybe," said Yohan. "What is your name?" He asked. "Yeosang," said Yeosang. "This is Seonghwa, and the one off to the side is Mingi," he said.

"He's not a vampire is he?" Wooseok asked suddenly, causing Hangyul's eyes to narrow as a growl escaped him. "He's here on his own free will," said Yeosang as he turned his eyes to look at Wooseok.

"Who brought him back?" Growled Wooseok. "How did you know that he was brought back because of a contract?" Asked Yeosang. "It's obvious," said Wooseok. "I can smell the scent of a bear 'shifter and the only other bear 'shifters here are my alpha and I," he said. "We can't smell our own scent, but we can smell a contract bound animal human," he said.

"Who's he bound to?" Asked Yohan. "Me," said Seonghwa. "I didn't bring him back by the way, someone else did," he said. "We ended up taking him from his previous contract holders," he said. "As they didn't know what to do with him," he said.

"Who is he to you anyway?" Asked Yeosang. "No one," said Wooseok as he shrugged. "It just alarmed me to find another contract bound animal human," he said. "Because there's one for every species now," he said with a snort. "Sanggyun belongs to a 'shifter, Dongwoo belongs to a werewolf, and now Mingi belongs to a coven of vampires," he said.

"They are fine with me," said Mingi as he walked over with his hands in his pockets. "As I am fine with them," he added. "Also, it's been a while, Wooshin," he said. "It certainly has," hummed Wooseok. "You two know each other?" Asked Yohan as he blinked in surprise.

"I may have run into him before he joined up with these two," said Wooseok. "But that was a very long time ago," he said. "In fact, I remember meeting you when you were still a 'shifter," he said. "So I influenced your first change huh?" Asked Mingi. "Possibly," said Wooseok as he shrugged. "When did you die?" He asked. "After the second world war," said Mingi. "When were you brought back?" Asked Wooseok. "Sometime in the 60's? I don't remember," said Mingi.

"Why are you three here again?" Asked Yohan. "We were passing by the area," said Yeosang. "And was wondering if we could hunt in the area," he said. "One human per vampire," said Yohan, earning a snort from Seonghwa. "We hunt animals," said Seonghwa. "Then that's fine," said Yohan. "But pass it on to other vampires you may run into, one human per vampire in this town, don't get noticed," he said.

"We're leaving our buddy here, if you don't mind," said Yeosang. "We'll be back in a bit," he said. "Fine," said Yohan. "Just be careful," he said. "Don't get caught," he said. Yeosang nodded, turning and leaving with Seonghwa.

Mingi shrugged, putting his hands in his pockets as he turned to Yohan. "Come in then," said Yohan. Mingi nodded, following Yohan and the others inside.

Seeing Mingi was a shock to everyone, as they had expected three vampires. "How was I supposed to know that they were coming for a visit?" Asked Seungyoun as Yohan turned to him. "Only Yixuan met these guys, we were all busy with other things," he said, shrugging.

"I never met him before," said Mingi. "Yeosang always took care of talking with Yixuan to make sure we were allowed to hunt in the area," he said. Yohan hummed in response.