032;

Should I, Should I Not

❝ chapter thirty-two

s o l a r ’ s

 


 

The Nam’s vacation is a complete hundred and eighty degrees reversal from ours. Their dad likes to ask questions, specifically about the places we come across and they would search it up until they find the answer to the history behind it. I guess, that’s how they know their stuffs. His mom walks next to me, and after half a day, we get so close, I end up ditching Eric and wal with his mom while linking arms with each other. His dad says we look like a real daughter and mother. Eric pretends to get upset but then he smiles again in a split second. 

 

My family enjoys trip the way they are. When we go on a trip, we take pictures and we just adore the wonder in each country’s beauty then move on. I guess we’re never really the types to try to find out about anything, it somehow runs in the family. My sister and I aren’t really the type to try to find out about anything either if no one tells us, which completely throws me off sometimes because I end up missing family dinner several times because no one bothers finding out if I know about it when I accidentally turned the notification in the group chat off and I just missed a reminder. Happened all the time. 

 

Hawaii is beautiful, the scenery is absolutely breathtaking. The air is refreshingly nice and strangely enough, it puts me in a good mood ever since I get here. I wish I could put all of these with me and bring it back home.

 

Later that afternoon when we return back to the hotel because the weather is scorching hot, Eric and I decide to go for a swim in the private pool in our room’s balcony. The pool is surrounded by huge wall of glasses so as to protect us from accidentally falling because it’s up high in the cliff while still providing us views of the beach from up here. It’s breathtaking, that I couldn’t deny. This is probably the beauty of traveling, you just get to take in all of these lovely sceneries and although they may not be anything, they will still make you feel like you’re the luckiest person alive to live and see that. 

 

I’m dressed in my fitted cropped shirt and a pair of short, my hair tied into a bun and surprisingly, it makes a great picture when Eric decided to take a picture of me looking out to the view. This would be a great picture to share but then, most moomoos still aren’t so supportive of us together and it would only sparked another chaos and that would be the last thing I wanted to happen right now. 

 

    “How are you feeling?” He swims up to me and looks out to the view in front of us. “About Hawaii.” 

 

    “Aesthetically pleasing, both mentally and physically.” 

 

    “Physically?” He laughs. “What physically are you talking about?” 

 

I giggle and lean in to kiss him. Instead of getting startled like he usually does, he wraps his arm around my waist and pull me closer into him. I smile against his lip and kiss his upper lip, slowly wrapping my arms around his neck. He sighs into the kiss, nibbling on my lower lip and suddenly I’m a giggling mess.

 

    He laughs. “What?” 

 

    I giggle. “What is it with us and swimming pool?” 

 

    He laughs and runs his fingers through his hair then leans his back against the glass wall, something I can never do. “I know right? Somehow, you’re always the one to initiate it and to end it.” 

 

    “Coincidence.” I shrug and slowly lay into the water, allowing myself to float on it as I stare into the bright blue sky and the sea of clouds swimming in it. “But, I like this coincidence.”