025;

Should I, Should I Not

❝ chapter twenty-five

e r i c ’ s

 


 

Ten days to Yonghee’s wedding and one night to meeting their parents. God, this is really nerve-wrecking. Yongsun steals a glance at me and giggles. Geez, she has so much fun teasing me for being nervous about tomorrow. I mean, who wouldn’t? I’m meeting my girlfriend’s parents and I’m not even that familiar with Korean culture yet, I’m definitely screwed if I make a mistake tomorrow. 

 

    “I told you my parents like you ever since our wgm days.” She giggles and pats my hand. “You won’t be kill tomorrow, don’t worry.” 

 

    “Do they know we’re practically almost living together?” 

 

    She nods casually and takes a sip of her lemonade. “Of course. My mom might knows a little bit more than that.” 

 

    I choke on my coffee and barely manage to hold myself from spitting it out onto our bed. “What?” 

 

    “You know I can’t keep secrets, especially with my sister and my mom.” 

 

Great. Talk about not being pressured tomorrow. I run my fingers through my hair and sigh. Habitually, I move and position my head on her lap and lies down comfortably, she doesn’t seem to mind. She never minds that. In fact, she loves it when I do this because she could plays with my hair. At least, that’s what she’s been telling me. 

 

    “Don’t stress over this. It’s going to be fine, they’re quite cool.” She runs her fingers through my hair.

 

I stay silent and instead close my eyes. Yongsun is definitely braiding my hair right now, I could feel her pulling a few parts and cross them over each other then let it untangle by itself when she reaches the end of my hair. 

 

    “How are you feeling?” She mumbles. 

 

    “Somewhere between heart attack and high blood pressure?” 

 

    “I see you’ve been working on your Korean humor.” She laughs and gently rubs my cheeks. “I guess I’d probably feel the same way too when it’s my turn to meet your parents.” 

 

    I laugh. “Soon, baby.” 

 

After a few minutes, she pats my arms and asks me to get up because she wants to grab her phone to search for dinner menus. We have our lazy nights and tonight is one of them. All we want to do is just lay around in our house and order foods then select for movie or something, we just lay down next to each other and sleep. 

 

    She scrolls through the menu in her phone then says, “It’s been 8 months and they’re still asking us about our relationship on broadcast.” 

 

    “I know right,” I nod. “I don’t mind talking about you but even the public noticed that the questions were really repetitive from one show to another.” 

 

    “And, I’m still getting side eyes and looks from several female idols who fancied you whenever I’m at the music shows.” 

 

    “Yongsun, please.” I laughed and selected the dish I wanted on her phone. 

 

    “You can ask my members if you don’t believe me.” She shrugs. “It was even more ridiculous they smiled and greeted me so happily once the cameras start rolling after glaring at me and whispered about me right in front of my face.” 

 

    I wrap my arm around her waist and kiss her cheek. “Come on, let’s not talk about that. It’ll only ruin your mood.” 

 

    “Did you finish choosing your food? Use my account.” I mumble and nuzzle her cheek and neck.

 

Yongsun giggles and pushes me away, saying it’s ticklish. She refuses to use my account for the check out though, saying I already bought her food every single time and she wants to do it this time. She plays with my fingers while we’re both lying down, doing nothing but waiting for our food. Suddenly, my phone beeps and there’s a text from Eddie.  

 

 

    “Are you free next two weeks?” 

 

    She stays silent for a few seconds. “Yeah, I think my schedule ends next week.” 

 

    “Great.” I smile and she stares at me confusedly. “My mom wants to go on a family vacation together, along with you.” 

 

    “Wait, so we’ll be going to Atlanta?” She gasps then breaks into a grin almost immediately. “Really?”

 

    “Probably to Hawaii too.”

 

    “You’re kidding!” 

 

A few seconds later, our bedroom is fill with Yongsun’s squealing and she’s giving me the biggest hug ever. I laugh and watch as she goes through the trip in her mind and giggles at whatever possibilities she’s thinking of by herself. Geez, Kim Yongsun.