the best thing i never did

MoTzu/TzuMo one shots

 

it was a starry night, the day passed so quickly the two girls didn't realise the moon was shining brightly in a swarm of sparkling stars. 

the two japanese girls left their work place, an office near their shared apartment. both of them met in university and were dorm mates and even graduated together. fun and memorable times were made in that dorm. weird parties, meeting new partners, drinking loads of booze and just having fun like any other student. it felt like a whole weight of pressure and stress was lifted off their shoulders the moment they graduated. all those sleepless nights of studying until their brains were numb were finally worth it, all of that hardwork.

the two were bestfriends since then, minatozaki sana and hirai momo. they held each other's hands during hardships. studied together and did everything together. the fact that they even got a job at the same company felt like a miracle, they could stay side by side supporting each other.

 it's the week before Christmas, sana and momo were told to work overtime because of the lack of employees. they offered extra pay and the two of them could not pass that opportunity up. and so both of them worked till midnight. they tiredly leave the office, seeing how amazing the sky looked today. they decided to sit down and enjoy it. 

they sat on a bench near the han river, enjoying the calming atmosphere and the beautiful sky. the silence between them was comforting. 

"hey mo, what's the best thing you never did?" sana suddenly asked out of no where. 

"what?" momo looked at sana confused.

"the one best thing but you never did it."

"oh."

there was a pause. momo was hesitant to speak but voiced her honest thoughts anyway. 

"staying with tzu."    

sana looked at momo apologetically, sorry that she had brought up the painful past momo had with chou tzuyu. a quiet but smart girl who started seeing momo during their university life. 

"i'm sorry i shouldn't have brought-" sana was about to apologise but was quickly cut off by momo. 

"It's fine, don't worry about it." momo reassured sana with a small smile. the comfortable silence engulfed the two girls again. both had nothing to say. 

"maybe i should have been a better person." momo spoke. 

sana said nothing only holding her hand for comfort. 

"i should've treated her better sana. i was such a bad girlfriend."

momo remembered every regrettable action she did to the innocent girl. 

.

momo was drunk, again. it was 3 am and tzuyu was still waiting on the couch, clutching her phone in her hands. she tried calling momo multiple times but like always no answer. momo had promised her she would stay over at hers and have fun and hang out but as expected, momo left her behind for some party at a nearby bar.tzuyu was anxious and scared that momo might've gotten hurt or worse. 

the door clicked open and tzuyu was relieved but seeing her girlfriend with an empty bottle of booze in her left hand and her sloppy actions made her heart drop. it was a normal sight but it always makes tzuyu feel so broken. 

tzuyu got up to help momo to bed but ended up geting pushed to ground by the intoxicated girl. 

"you're so annoying! stop thinking you're so special, you're just another one of those flings." momo shouted at the young girl. obviously drunk but those words stabbed tzuyu in heart, she got up and ran out of the dorm. 

tzuyu had no where to go, so she just ran to anywhere. she kept running and running, vision blurry from all the tears. she ended up in a small park, she sat there for the rest of the night. cold and heartbroken. that morning, a friend of hers found her asleep on the park bench. eyes swollen and red. 

.

"i was so selfish, disgusting and just so stupid." 

"she was so patient and kind. so pure with a heart of gold and i broke her sana. i was such a ing . she genuinely made me happy with everything she could. and i was such a terrible person. i should have never done those things, tzuyu deserved the whole world and all it's lovd it can offer. i was just so stupid. so goddamn stupid."

momo sobbed as she recalled the stupid things she's done. she wish she could change everything, give tzuyu the love she deserves. 

momo could have been the best girlfriend and surprise tzuyu with gifts and kiss her cheeks and tell her everything she loved about tzuyu or even just show tzuyu how beautiful she was and how much she loved her, but she didn't. it was the best thing she never did.

 

 

 

 

a/n: not the best i could've done but i guess it's good enough to post. i wish you all a very late christmas and happy new year!!