Chapter 3: The messed up morning

Sour Candy

Seungkwan wakes up in the morning feels like . He doesn’t know why but the sudden pang of emotion just hit him in the gut and now it makes him want to cry his heart out. He looks at the clock in his nightstand, 07.45. He doesn’t want to do anything today. Hell he even wants to bail his 30 minutes exercise because of his sudden mood down. He starts to curl up in his blanket again when his phone goes off and a message pop out in its screen showing a message from Joshua. . I forgot.

As his desire not to leave his bed, he can’t cancel the plan with his best friend just because he doesn’t feel like it. He made a promise and he never wants to break it. Because karma’s . Seungkwan reluctantly wakes up from what he called as ‘morning paradise’ and goes to the bathroom for a quick freshen up because he knows he won’t going anywhere if he keeps his morning breath and bed hair any longer. While looking for a box of milk in the refrigerator, someone knocks his apartment. That someone is the landlord who asking him to pay the monthly bill this week.

Weird.

He never needs the landlord to remind him because he always pays the bill a week before the due date. He goes to check the timetable which contains of things Seungkwan needs to do for the month, he must makes a mistake checking the date yesterday. But even before Seungkwan does anything wrong today, karma decides to be a before hand and makes Seungkwan hits his toe against the coffee table and to put the cherry on top, he spills the cereal he’s been holding along with the milk which right now is all over the place in the kitchen floor.

“Awww! Fuc-” He immediately shuts his mouth not wanting to say any foul language in case he’ll get another karma because of it. Seungkwan signs cleaning the spilling milk and cereal while muttering ‘my precious breakfast’. The smells of the milk is disgusting so he decides to mop the floor and makes a toast instead for his breakfast along with a cup of tea. After finishing his breakfast, he looks up to clock while washing the dishes. 08.10. He groans because he is running out of time. He needs at least 30 minutes to get ready and 10 minutes to go to the train station and Seungkwan is not the type of person to show up at exactly at the appointment time. Seungkwan quickly rinse the dishes, grabbing a clean towel from the drawer and takes a quick shower.

Maybe there’s something wrong with his luck this morning or god just hates him specifically today.

He runs out of shirt. This is completely a rare condition happening in Seungkwan’s life. Well, he has a few white shirts left but it turns out to be a freaking tuxedo. He can’t wear a tuxedo to go to a bookstore, can he?

Ah, today is laundry day.

He should know it! Then he will not make another agenda for the day. He really needs to recheck the time table once again.

Seungkwan looks for another presentable clothes and he only has several sweaters left in the closet. He is in a dilemma. He loves his sweaters, he adores them, but wearing a sweater only makes him looking soft, adorable, and younger than his actual age. And for the record, he hates it so much. He spends his college day to get used to wearing shirt and dress pants, doing exercise like crazy, eating healthy food so he can look more muscular and taller but most importantly, looking like an adult in which he failed somehow. He ends up stuck on 174 cm and because it seems like that his body hates him, he can’t grow any muscle after months of exercises. Well, at least he was able to lose some baby fats in his checks which he actually fells grateful. But he doesn’t want to look like a cute boy, those days are over because he believes that he already hit the puberty in his sophomore year.

Now, go back to the wardrobe.

He is still in a dilemma.

He only has sweaters and t-shirts. After pondering for about five minutes (he doesn’t have a lot of time left) he finally chooses the sweater. Seungkwan really wants to slap the high-school-Seungkwan for only bought pastel colored sweaters. The adult-Seungkwan only wears what he considers as a ‘clean color’, plain white, plain dark blue, plain brown, plain everything – not a baby blue sweater with yellow little paws printed on the bottom of the sweater.

He checks the time once again and only greeted by the fact that it’s 15 minutes before 9 o’clock. Seungkwan quickly puts on the baby blue sweater and grab the nearest jeans which happen to be short blue jeans because a sweater with dress pants is back lashing his fashion rules. He doesn’t have enough time to style his hair so he puts on a baseball cap, he decides to deal with his hair in the train station restroom later. He does a final checking in the mirror. Great! He now is looking like a high school teenage boy who plans on watching a baseball match.

. He looks adorable.

He arrives at the train station gate at exact 9 o’clock. He manages his hair in the taxi. He used taxi because as clumsy as he is, he left his bus card on the dining table along with his key cars and he finds out in front of his apartment building. It’ll take another five  minutes to go up to his room which 6 floors high and includes him running to the bus. The last thing he wants to do is sweating when he just wants to start his day not that he doesn’t smell nice, just the sticky sweater on his skin makes him feel disgusting.

Joshua shows up 10 minutes after 9, not that he minds. His best friend stops in front of him and staring in awe. Seungkwan gives him a questioning look and snaps his finger in front of Joshua because the staring takes too long for his liking.

“Oh, I’m sorry. It’s just…you look different. Not a bad different! But, yeah…you know, it’s unlike your usual choice of clothes.”

“Yeah yeah, whatever. I know I look funny.” Seungkwan walks up to the ticket machine pushing some buttons looking for their tickets.

“No. You look cute.” Joshua smiles dreamily. Seungkwan only groans and rolls his eyes in return. “You know how much I hate to be called cute, right?” Seungkwan glares at him.

“Ah, right…sorry.” Joshua scratches his nape nervously. Seungkwan gives him the ticket after few minutes.

“You’re paying? Why? You should let me.”

“Faster this way. Just take your ticket. You can pay for my coffee later.” They walk to the nearest chair waiting for the train which arrives 10 minutes later. Seungkwan checks his phone for messages and suddenly remembers that he just forget to do his usual 30 minutes morning exercise today. He groans suddenly feels dizzy because of his messed up schedule.

He already feels bad when he woke up this morning.

He doesn’t know if he’ll meet another mess for the rest of the day or maybe even worse than he can imagine.

___________________

AN: The storm will appear in the next episode…I think…well,

I’m trying my best to write more description in this chapter because I feel like it. I'm not good at words, so yeah...

I felt like in the morning I wrote this chapter so that’s why I make Seungkwan felt the same way.

Midnight tought:

Other than Vernon, I ship Seungkwan with Joshua, Jihoon, Minghao and Wonwoo. But strangely I only ship Vernon with Seungkwan. Who’s with me?