Chapter 12: Hello

Sour Candy

Mr. Hong, someone from language community is looking for you.” a teacher who met Vernon and his friends in the hallway knocks Jisoo’s table. He looks up at the door where they are waiting while holding a big map.

Hey, you guys are early. Let’s sit there.” Joshua walks to them and leads them to a gazebo near the teacher’s room. They put the maps in the stone table and take their seat. They are Vernon, Seokmin, Wonwoo and Minghao.

So, as we arranged last night, I’ll do the need analysis in your class, Seokmin in Seungkwan’s class, Wonwoo in one of the Germany classes which is not decided yet and Minghao in Mr. Wen’s class?” Vernon straightens his blue shirt.

Ah, Mr. Jeon will be in Mr. Kim’s class (AN: Well, let’s just say that Mr.Kim is a German language teacher, okay?) and my class will be in 10. We should hurry up.” Jisoo stands up motioning Vernon to follow him.

Oh, okay. What about you guys?”

We’re okay, Vern. Just do your part. We already contact the teacher as for Wonwoo, I’ll ask Seungkwan the teacher’s contact.” Seokmin pushes Vernon to follow Joshua who already took his stuff from his table. Vernon nods and follows Joshua to his next class. The classroom is in the second floor, first grade class. Joshua stops in front of the classroom window looking at inside the room. It seems that the previous class is not over yet. Vernon also stops next to Joshua taking out a bundle of questionnaire from the map.

Hey Joshua, should I give them at the beginning of the class or at the end of the class?” Vernon looks at the man besides him, but the other man keeps silent looking at particular someone inside of the class in awe with an adoration smile in his lips. Vernon follows Joshua’s gaze and finds Seungkwan writing in the white board. Vernon frown his brows by Joshua’s reaction for Seungkwan. Correction, his Seungkwan.

Okay, class. Please submit your work right now and collect this homework at least a day before our next class. If you have further question just come to the office or you can contact me. Time’s up. I’ll count to three for you to submit your work, one…two….” The students groan and run to the teacher’s table with their half done work. Seungkwan smiles in victory looking at his students’ defeated expressions.

Thank you and now please prepare your English book for the next class because it seems that Mr. Hong is already here.” Seungkwan walks out of the class to see his coworker but slightly taken aback by a person standing behind Joshua.

Hey, Josh. Good Morning, Mr. Chwe.” Seungkwan bows avoiding eye contact. Joshua gives him a small ‘hey’ and then quickly goes in to the class before the students go out of control. Vernon smiles at him lovingly not bother to hide his emotion anymore. “Good morning, Seungkwan.”

Seungkwan looks at the thick map in Vernon’s hand so he doesn’t have to see Vernon’s staring. He is trying to keep his facial expression but the pink tints in his checks bones are unavoidable.

So…you do the need analysis in this class?”

Yeah, we’ve arranged it last night, right?” Vernon steps closer so he can see Seungkwan’s blushing face more clearly.

Hmm…of course, the meeting last night. Yeah…” Seungkwan palms are sweaty and he personally hates this kind of feeling. He wipes his sweaty hands in his brown sweater. They are silent for a minute but then, “Seungkwan?” Vernon’s soft voice makes him look up immediately. “Yes?”

You look cute in this sweater.” Vernon tugs at Seungkwan’s sleeve feeling the fabric between his fingers. Seungkwan is blushing mess and can’t really process the event in front of him. He thinks every possible vocabulary to respond Vernon’s sudden compliment. His mind is blank, he can’t recall any language function to respond a simple compliment. Hell, he is a Korean language teacher. For God sake!

Vernon chuckles looking at Seungkwan’s blushing face. He ruffles Seungkwan’s brown hair which apparently is not styled as usual, “Seokmin is waiting for you and Joshua is obviously waiting for me now.” He glances at Joshua who’s throwing dagger with his glare. “I’ll see you at lunch?”

Hmm..” Seungkwan nods and walks out from Vernon slightly running, he almost trips but then really running after he turns left out of Vernon’s sight.

 

Seungkwan run to the living room wanting to meet Hansol as fast as possible. He saw Hansol with a blue sweater seeing fishes in an aquarium near the television.

Come on, I’m ready.” Seungkwan fixed his hair a little.

Okay… Let’s go- Woah!” Vernon widened his eyes with his mouth agape. He was in a complete awe for a boy in front of him.

What’s wrong? Am I weird? I know I shouldn’t wear this. Or is it my hair?” Seungkwan his heel planning to rid off the stupid pink sweater and comb his hair again. But Hansol quickly grabbed both of his hands then smiled down at him.

No…don’t. You look cute in that sweater and your hair is fine.” He squeezed Seungkwan’s hands softly.

Really?” The cute boy looked up completely aware with Hansol’s hands in his.

Yes. See, I’m wearing the blue one while you’re wearing the pink one. We’re like a couple. A cute couple. And your hair looks fluffy. Oh my gosh, how can you be so cute, Boo?” Hansol pressed his forehead with Seungkwan’s enjoying the pink blush on the cutie boy.

But I want to look handsome, like you! Not looking cute!” Seungkwan pouted. Vernon titled his head a little taking a few step away then stared at the pouting boy from head to toe.

Hmm…but I like you the best when you’re looking fluffy like this.”

You like it, Hansollie?”

Yeah, it makes me wanting to hug you!” Hansol scrunched his nose then rested his hands on the boy’s waist.

Hug me then.” Seungkwan smiled widely making his blushing checks forming into cute little buns and his eyes squinted cutely. Hansol hugged his Boo tightly ignoring the quick heartbeat from his heart because he could feel the same heartbeat from Seungkwan.

You should wear sweater more often, Boo.” Hansol mutter quietly while the shorter boy only let a content sigh.

 

Were you waking up late this morning?” Jihoon opens his cola bottle while munching his pizza. Jeonghan sits beside him eating an apple smiling mischievously. Seungwan comes to the cafeteria with Seokmin after finishing his afternoon class. He immediately regrets his decision to make Seokmin meeting his best friends. He rather eats his lunch in the teacher’s room right now. Because that smile from Jeonghan hyung and that innocent face of Jihoon hyung can turn into unexpected and unwanted thing which Seungkwan obviously hate. Well, at least if his lovely Jeonghan hyung can kindly close his lips for the rest of the lunch that would be nice. But he knows Jeonghan too well he almost hates it.

Kwannie, where’s Vernon?” Jeonghan titles his head placing his half eaten apple. Seokmin and Seungkwan sit on the chair in front of them. Seokmin who’s oblivious with Jeonghan’s smile helps him by answering,

He is still with Jisoo apparently. He does a need analysis for the last class.” Seungkwan smiles a little by Jeonghan unsatisfied expression. He knows this hyung wanting to but fails miserably. HA! Bless Seokmin hyung’s innocent mind.

You haven’t answered my question!” Jihoon pouts making Seokmin widen his eyes because that something that Jihoon rarely does in front of other people besides his two best friends.

Ah, sorry…I’m not. Why are you asking?” Seungkwan opens his lunch box. A portion of corn soup with carrot and tomato for the dressing (AN: I don’t know anything about healthy food…so…).

Well, you hair is not styled and you are wearing a freaking brown sweater. So I assume you were running late and can’t make to your usual style. You know, shirt and stuff.”

Uhmm…I just feel like it. Besides, today is cold so wearing a sweater is a smart decision.”

Yeah…smart decision.” Jeonghan nods squinting his eyes at Seungkwan who somehow avoids eye contact. Before Jeonghan teases him more, Vernon and Joshua walks up to their table.

Hey, guys! Hello, Seungkwan.” Vernon takes a chair from other table and sits beside Seungkwan smiling at him sweetly. Seungkwan only replies with a small “Hi”. Seokmin and Jihoon can’t hide their surprise while Jeonghan clicked his finger knowingly. Because apparently the two boys who was avoiding each other few days ago are letting out flower petals every time they’re looking at each other now. On the other side of the table, Joshua sits beside Seokmin looking at Seungkwan and Vernon not amused.

You done with your Job, Vern?” Jeonghan is completely content with the situation in front of him. He high key likes seeing flustered Seungkwan.

Yeah, thanks to Joshua. We only need to process the data for further analysis.” Vernon glances Jeonghan and goes back staring at Seungkwan while the brown hair boy eating his soup silently. Jeonghan who’s clearly enjoying the event can catch the glare from Joshua to the younger people in front of him. A light bulb flick in his head making him smirks. He turns his attention to Joshua who comes to the table empty handed unlike the rest who at least have food to eat.

By the way, fancy seeing you here, Josh. I’ve never seen you in the cafeteria before.”

Ah…I…just want to talk about the project…yeah, that’s all. It’s not like I’m following Vernon or anything.” so he won’t spending his lunch with Seungkwan. Joshua clears his throat unconsciously sending glare to Vernon.

NO!” Jihoon slams the table making people in the cafeteria looking at their direction. “No talking about job in front of food! That’s against the rules! My rules.”

Your rules?” Seokmin sips his water after choking his food because of Jihoon sudden outburst.

Yes. Besides, that would be very rude to talk about heavy stuff while eating. You’ll get indigestion.”

Sungkwan laughs a little at his sometimes-actually-scary hyung. Vernon is completely amused with the black hair guy beside him. He whispers near Seungkwan’s ear oblivious with the sudden stiff from the boy.

Is he always like this? Or is he just changed a lot?”

He…changed a lot.” Seungkwan also whispers before biting his lips making Vernon’s checks blush a little. Jeonghan is smiling like a cheshire cat while Seokmin who also notices biting back his smile. And Jihoon still continues his speech about respecting food to Joshua.

________________

AN: this chapter is kinda ‘meh’ to me…so it’s a filler chapter, maybe? But I tried to give a little fluff and blushing Verkwan here and there…to make up for it, hopefully.