Chapter 1: It’s all starting here

Sour Candy

“Okay, that’s all for today’s meeting. Can you e-mail me the minutes tomorrow, Mr. Boo?” Mr. Han, the headmaster of Pledis High closes his laptop and drinks his already cold black coffee.

“Yes, Sir.” Seungkwan finishes the minutes and plans to rewrite it in his apartment later.

“Well, see you next Monday. Don’t forget to come early cause we need to prepare the class earlier.” The rest of the teachers nod and pack up their stuff to finally going back home, enjoying weekend after grading students’ works and preparing the learning materials for next lessons.

“Good bye, Joshua.” Seungkwan pats Joshua’s shoulder who still packs up his book and dictionary.

“Wait up! I’ll walk you home.”

“Oh, you don’t have to. Your apartment is on the other side of the town anyway.” Seungkwan stops right in front of the door.

“I want to. It’s okay, Seungkwan…really.” Joshua opens the door and let Seungkwan goes first then closes the door like a gentleman he is.

The rest of the walk consists of Seungkwan telling the story in his class for the past week, about how a student made a sudden confession in the middle of his lesson and end up being rejected. Seungkwan didn’t give detention to the broken hearted student because he felt bad for him. One of his students took his picture secretly for a dare but was caught because she forgot to turn off the blitz. She got detention despite of the photo came out good in Seungkwan’s opinion. Joshua most of the time only listen and nods, he gives occasional comments and laughs at Seungkwan’s antic.

“You know we will have native speaker guests, right?” Joshua changes the topic after Seungkwan finished his story.

“Ah, yes. I heard that from Jun. They are coming from some kind of community.”

“Yes, the community teaches English and other languages voluntarily. It’s a new community actually. The representative of the community will come to the school next Monday. Mr. Han asked us to accompany them. The school wants to make a project with the community.”

“What kind of project?”

“I don’t know, we’ll find out next Monday. Ah, we’re here.” They arrive in front of Seungkwan’s apartment.

“Well, okay then…or do you want to come over for a while?” Seungkwan titled his head.

“What? Oh, I’d love to. I mean…yeah, but I have to grade papers for next Monday… It’s not that I don’t want to hang out with you… I mean it’s been a long time since we hang out together…yes, we hang out with other teachers last week and yesterday but like just only two of us…hang out…was it a month ago? Maybe, you know, not today but…tomorrow? How about that? Oh, maybe you already have a plan for tomorrow. So next Sunday? But, I have to go to the church…on the evening then? Sunday evening…maybe not, because you’re likely to rest the evening before school day. Or you know-“

“Joshua” looking at his best friend blabbering Seungkwan laughs a little which pulling Joshua’s heartstrings.

“Yes?” Joshua finally realizes that he just make fun of himself in front of object of affection, but don’t tell Seungkwan about that.

“Tomorrow is fine. Yes, I’m planning on go to the bookstore next town, but you know we can go together…and after that maybe we can go to a new café I’ve been dying to go.”

“Great! Sounds excellent. Okay…Uhm, I’ll pick you up at 8?”

“At 9, and we’ll meet up at the train station.” Seungkwan gives small smile and it melts Joshua a little.

“Sure. At 9. Train station.” Joshua can’t help to hide his eager smile thinking about spending time with Seungkwan tomorrow.

“Okay, see you tomorrow, Josh.” Seungkwan waves and goes to his apartment building leaving Joshua who still dazed out with his lovesick smile which oblivious to Seungkwan but Joshua feels grateful for that. People can see flower petals surrounding him on his way back home but he didn’t mind it at all.

­­­__________________

AN: Yes, I lowkey love Jikwan or (Joshkwan?). Please, don’t judge me…

Midnight thoughts

Isn’t ironic, in Seventeen, the members who hate agyeo the most are the members who look cute and adorable without even trying (Yes, I refer to Seungkwan and Jihoon)