Chapter One

The Bachelor

Hallo South Korea. I am Woobin and I will be your host for the next two months. We are going to meet and follow the journey as one man and twenty women go on a journey to search for love and their journey starts here in this beautiful mansion.  Before the ladies arrive lets meet the bachelor.

Earlier we asked our bachelor why this show? Clearly he is a good catch and this is what he said.

(Recorded video footage)

My name is Lee Minho, am 35 years of age and I live in Seoul, South Korea. I hope that being The Bachelor will give me the chance to find my soul mate. The one person I am going to spend the rest of my life with. I truly believe there is one girl out there for me and I don’t think I have found her yet.

I have been in love before and had my heart broken, it was terrible but it made me stronger and it hasn’t stopped me from wanting to fall in love again. My dream is to find that girl that’s right for me.

Tonight first impressions will be a key. I am hoping I will get a glimpse to the person I am spending the rest of my life with. I may not realize it immediately but that’s going to be the goal and my heart is in this and I really want to find someone.

……………………

Well, we have heard him and in a few minutes he gets to meet the lovely ladies. “I will now leave and let you welcome the ladies into what will be home for some of them for the next two months. Good luck”

“Thanks Woobin,”  

Before the first limo arrives and the ladies get their first glimpse at the man of the moment, I will share a little with you the viewers at home about the girls. The first limo has Park Shinhye, Yoona, Krystal, Mirae and Gloria.

My name is Park Shinhye. I am 24years old and just finished my degree in finance. I came tonight because I want to find love.

Hallo my name is Yoona, I am 23years old and I live in Seoul, Korea. I am hoping to form a love connection with the bachelor.

Hallo, I am Gloria and I am 31 years old. I was born and raised in London but I am fully Korean. I have been leaving in Korea for two years now.

Hi, my name is Krystal and I am 21 years old. I am studying at the university but I got a year off. After learning about the bachelor I just thought why not, he might just be the one. I was free so…

My name is Mirae, I am 27 years old and I am looking for love. I have wanted to get married since I was 24 but not met the right guy yet; I hope he is the one.

As I stand there waiting for the girls to come and I start feeling anxious and excited at the same time. This could be it Minho. I don’t know what’s ahead but I am ready for this. I can feel the anticipation building in, this could be it, the moment I meet the woman I get to spend the rest of my life with.

“Oh wow, he is so beautiful.”

“He is gorgeous.”

I have been imagining this moment since I got the call that I would be part of the show but it is nothing like I imagined. I am walking towards him and I am nervous, can’t believe this is happening, I just feel butterflies inside my stomach.

“Hallo”

“Hi, how are you?”

“Good”

“I am glad to finally meet you. I am Lee Minho”

“Me too, I am Park Shinhye” I am right in front of him and we are holding hands. He is so handsome I was mesmerized by his beauty. He is tall and has broad shoulders am sure one would feel protected in his arms. “Wow”

“Are you excited for tonight?”

“Yeah…, I am glad to be the first girl to meet you, I’m so excited” Oh God  I am sure I am blushing because he is looking right at me.

“Thank you, you look amazing”

The nerves took over, he was smiling at me and his smile was perfect. Seeing his eyes light up when he first saw me walk towards him was…. Wow. I am just taking him in and I don’t want this moment to stop, ever.

“I want to chat more.”

“I will see you later Shinhye”

“Okay”

“Shinhye…., taking my breath away there for a moment. This is fantastic she seemed lovely.” I have only met one lady and am already excited.

 

……………

“Hey…,” I am so nervous, he is so hot and because I am so busy being nervous and missed a step and almost fell on my face. That would have been memorable for sure.

“Careful,”

Hi there…, I am Krystal.”

“Nice to meet you Krystal, I am Lee Minho.”

He is way more than I expected, he was way up there. He is gorgeous and tall. He is like a god.

“How are you feeling? Are you nervous?”

“No…, happens all the time. No, I am kidding…”

“Yeah, you must be nervous”

“Just a little…., but it is fine, how about you?”

“Nervous”

“It will be fine, I will see you inside?”

“Yes, come find me.”

 ……………………

Hi…., my name is Yoona”

“I am Minho, nice to meet you”

“You have a nice voice”

“Thank you”

“So Yoona, what are you looking for in a guy?”

“Well, he has to have a good sense of humor. I will test it later and see how it goes, so…. I will see you later”

I think Yoona is one of those girls that have no idea how beautiful they are. I find that to be a very endearing quality.

…………………….

“Hi, I am Gloria”

“Lee Minho… Gloria, unique name”

“I am Korean but was born and raised in the UK. I have been here for about two years now.”

“Ah, so have you dated a Korean guy before?”

“No, I haven’t. So really you are the first.”

There are a lot of handsome guys in the UK but Minho is hot. I really want to know more about him and he just might be the one.

…………………………..

Hi, I am Mirae

“I am Lee Minho. You are beautiful.”

“My mum is really beautiful”

“I see. So are you looking for love Mirae?”

“Of course, I wouldn’t be here if I wasn’t. I want to find love.”

“Good”

“I see you in there, right?”

“Of course.”

The girls kept coming and I must say I am the luckiest guy in Korea right now. One after the other they came. Oh my, were they beautiful.

Hallo”

“Hi, Lee Minho”

“Nice to finally meet you I’m Park Minyoung, huh, thought my turn would never come” I was the last one so I was nervous coming after all those girls.

…………………………..

The girls are getting to know each other in the mansion as Woobin briefs Minho on how the night would go down.

Chaewon: There are 19 other girls in this room all interested in this guy. I am pretty sure it will get catty.

Krystal: Oppa doesn’t know what he got himself into

Uee: Oppa….?

Chaewon: What did I say, it is already happening.

Hyesun: Every one of the girls in the room is gorgeous he has his work cut out for him

“Hallo ladies”

“Hi Woobin”

“He will be joining you guys in a moment but first I would like to brief you on how tonight will go down. There are 20 of you but at the end of the night only 16 of you will stay and get to know more about our bachelor. In order to stay you will need one of these,” he showed them the roses. If you get one of these tonight then that means he wants to know more about you and wants you to stick around. However, one of these roses is much greater than the rest. The first rose.  This will go to the lady that impresses him the most. You need to get this because the lady that gets it will be safe for the next two weeks. So ladies, use this time to show him why he should keep you around. I will leave you to have fun.”

Boyoung: After Woobin left, the room got quiet. It was game on. If you wanted to stay beyond tonight you had to impress oppa.

Shinhye: Receiving a rose means there is a chance for me to fall in love with Minho oppa and hopefully for him to fall in love with me. I really hope I get a rose tonight.

Woobin returns with the Bachelor. “It gives me so much pleasure to present to you your bachelor Lee Minho”

Geunyoung: Oh my god check out his smile, he is gorgeous.

Mirae: Minho has the strongest presence, whether it’s his height or looks, he stops traffic on the streets.

Seeing these ladies with these beautiful smiles and adoration gazes was flattering and also humbling.

“Wow, I feel very privileged to be here with every one of you I must be the luckiest guy in Korea right now.

“You are…”

“Is this even legal? Thank you for being here. A toast to finding love, cheers”

“Cheers”

Jessica: I think everyone wants to get a rose but in the end not everyone gets a rose, so I am looking out for number one.

Hyesun: this is scary and intimidating every one of these girls is beautiful so, I have to lay it all out tonight if I want to get a rose tonight.

There is really little time tonight but I really want to talk to the ladies. I have to send home four girls tonight and I can’t afford to make a mistake.

“Can I join you ladies?”

Minyoung: Of course, there is plenty of space for one more.

“So are you girls enjoying the party?”

Soohee: Yes.                

…………..

Boyoung: I think having a group chat is nice but there other girls there trying to talk to him too. Having a one on one chat is important and time is really limited.

Gloria: The competitor in me wants to get the first one on one chat because it would mean I left a good enough impression to make him want to have that one on one chat with you.

The cocktail party is my chance to get to know the girls better. So far I have been chatting with the girls and haven’t had any private talks with any of them. I want to talk to some of them more so I can find out more about them. Time is running out now.

Yoona: He is coming this way

Jiwon: Hi….

“Hi”

Shinhye: Come join us, guys push in…,

“Ah, actually Shinhye, do you mind coming for a little walk with me.”

“I would love to.”

“So how is it going so far?”

“Great so far, I am glad I get to have a moment with you away from everyone else.”  I was feeling overwhelmed, nervous. I had about ten sets of eyes staring at me when he took me away.

“I would like to know some more about you”

“Well…., I am very close with my family and this is something that is really important to me.”

“Me too, so how big is your family?”

“Just my parents and my oppa and you; are you an only child?”

“No, I have and older sister. She is married and they are expecting their second child”

“Wow congrats, you are an uncle”

“Is your oppa married?”

“No…, he is not married.”

Sena: I am really sorry Shinhye, do you mind if I join you?

Shinhye: Of course, come in and have a chat

“Shinhye was telling me about her family”

Sena: Ah,

Hyesun: After Shinhye’s private chat is interrupted we were like, oh yes. All the girls got off their seats and they are like; game on. No one’s time with Minho is safe.

Chaewon: here we go.

Time is limited and perhaps that’s why the girls are becoming more aggressive. I still need to talk to some girls before I can decide who to send home by the end of tonight.

Shinhye: Now that I have met him I feel like wow, I want more

Yoona: Yeah…..

Gloria: I can’t wait to see him under that suit as well

……………………….

Jessica: I am getting impatient I want to talk to him already. I am a go getter. These girls need to be scared of me right now. I have been watching him and as soon as I get an opportunity I will grab him.  And I think that chance is now. He is coming this way

“Can I steal you?”

“Ah.., actually I want a chat with Yoona if I could.”

“Me, Yoona…?”

“Yes”

“Yey….”

Soohee: I am a little bit jealous, she is gorgeous.

Jessice: I will be more aggressive next time

Chaewon: I like to be chased rather than being aggressive. I think guys like to chase so…

Sena: I listen to Chaewon and I am thinking girl, there are 19 other girls interested in Minho right now and what? You like to be chased? You know what? Why don’t you come to your senses?

……..

I felt bad for Jessica back there but I really wanted to talk to Yoona. I don’t want to hurt any of the girls really but…

“It’s really nice to have a chat with you” I am excited that he chose to speak to me because there are so many beautiful girls so I don’t know what I did right but apparently I did because he…. “I really wanted to have a chat. You just seemed lovely and genuine. So…”

Boyoung: he is kin on her, look at him, he is laughing, touching his heart, holding her hand…”

Soohee: Alright, someone get in there quick

Yoona: Minho is perfect, he is tall, manly and yeah I would be proud to take him home.

Immediately after chatting with Yoona, Jessica was there waiting.

“Can I finally have my moment with you if you don’t mind?”

“No, not at all”

“I wanted to have my time, show you that I came. I am a go getter”

“I like that, shows you are not afraid to go for what you want”

“Yeah?”

“Hmm”

Gloria: Minho has talked to a lot of the girls but he hasn’t given out the first rose yet. I wonder if he is still thinking about it or he has already decided.

I have talked to most of the girls but there is that one girl who I felt I had that instant connection and I want to let her know how I feel.

Krystal: Look guys, he is going for the rose. Here we go, here we go….

………………………….

 

AN

And I will end it on that note and leave you guys with that question. Who was the girl that Minho had that instant connection with?

Leave me your answer in your comment and I will get back to you. Please share why you think it’s that person. I know who it is and I will let you know who in my next update.