fin.

coupons

 

It's morning and Mark wakes up only to find the other side of the bed empty, leaving no trace of his boyfriend. It’s weird, he thinks, because he has always been the one who wakes up before Jinyoung does, the latter being a heavy sleeper that he is.  As he tries to open his eyes completely, he sees a bright yellow post-it note on the corner of the drawer next to the bed. Mark sits right up and reads it.

 

good morning, mark! happy 1st year! ^__^

go get your y off the bed and have the anniversary breakfast with me. love ya <3

 

A smile immediately creeps onto Mark’s face. Of course he remembers that today marks as his and Jinyoung’s first anniversary since they got together, he just doesn’t expect his adorable boyfriend already being this sweet at what? seven in the morning? Moreover, it’s Saturday and Jinyoung usually doesn’t wake up before eleven on weekends. Mark is really excited, though, of what awaits him. So, while still smiling, Mark gets up from the bed and walks out of the room.

The view that welcomes him in the kitchen can’t get any better. Jinyoung has his back facing Mark, seemingly cooking something with a pink apron hugging his body perfectly. His bubble look so inviting that Mark wants to squeeze them (just who has a y here?) till Jinyoung begs him to stop. He is humming a song from his favorite singer with that sweet and delicate voice Mark loves so much. Mark suddenly thinks he doesn’t mind waking up to this every day for the rest of his life.

He makes his way to Jinyoung and wraps his arms around the younger’s slender waist, startling him.

“Mark! Oh my god, you startled me!” Jinyoung says dramatically as he turns his body around to face his boyfriend.

“Sorry, babe. And good morning. Happy anniversary.” Mark places his lips on Jinyoung’s soft ones.

Jinyoung smiles into the kiss, circling his hands around the older’s neck. It’s a sweet and gentle one, the kind of kiss he loves the most. (Not that he doesn’t love it when Mark kisses him passionately, though. But well, as long as it’s Mark, he loves the kiss no matter how it is).

“I love you.” Mark says when he pulls away from the kiss. He then rests his forehead against Jinyoung’s, eyes staring at the younger’s  with so much love and adoration.

Jinyoung looks back at Mark and gives his breathtaking smile, forming cute crinkles at the corner of his eyes. “I love you too, Mark. So much.”

They stay in that position for a good five minutes, enjoying each other’s presence until Mark decided to speak.

“Now, what’s for the anniversary breakfast? I’m starving.”

“Way to ruin a moment, Tuan.” Jinyoung scowls, but nonetheless getting back to his previous disturbed work. “I’m making us a special American breakfast. Go sit down and wait like a good boyfriend you are.”

Mark gladly obeys, making his way to the dining table and sitting down on one of the chairs that lets him watch his currently cooking boyfriend. He is indeed a very lucky guy, he thinks to himself, because he has Park Jinyoung as his boyfriend. Jinyoung is a very good looking guy, that’s obvious. With those bright and crystal eyes, long eyelashes, cute button nose, and pink plump (and oh so kissable) lips, he manages to look handsome, beautiful and cute all at the same time. But Jinyoung’s personality is what draws Mark in the most. Despite his reserved self, Jinyoung is very kind-hearted, loving, and affectionate towards the people around him. He takes really good care of them, and of course Mark is not an exception.

Unbiasedly speaking, Jinyoung is basically beautiful inside and out, the kind of person that everyone likes. He is like… a burst of everything good in this life. Mark often wonders what did he do in his past life to deserve someone like Jinyoung, because really, how can someone so perfect fall for someone like him?

“Mark…? Hey, Mark!” Jinyoung’s voice jolts Mark back to reality. The former is now standing in front him, placing two glasses of orange juice on the table. “What are you thinking about?”

“You.” Mark answers before even thinking, earning a pretty pink color across Jinyoung’s cheeks.

“You’re so cheesy.”

“You love it,” Mark grins, making Jinyoung blush more. Ugh, why is he so adorable???

“Aish… Come one, let’s eat before they get cold. You said you’re starving.”

Mark looks at the foods served in front of his eyes. It really is a special American breakfast, apparently. There are toasts, bacons, scrambled eggs, sausages, hashbrowns, and baked beans, all looking perfectly tasty and tempting. Suddenly Mark feels so warm inside. Well, it’s just foods, Mark knows, but it’s the foods coming specifically from his hometown and it’s so nice to know that Jinyoung made an effort to cook them all to start their anniversary. It makes Mark feel like he is home, even though he always feels like home whenever Jinyoung is around.

The brunette wastes no time to dig into the food. Soon, what can be heard is the sound of Mark munching and Jinyoung’s reminding him “Mark, eat slowly! You’ll choke”, which only receives a grin from his boyfriend. When they are finally done, Jinyoung gets up to clean the table while Mark slumps against his seat, feeling too full.

“Thank you, babe, for cooking all of these.” Mark says when his boyfriend comes back to his seat, his hand finds its way on top Jinyoung’s.

 “It’s my pleasure,” He responds, smiling sweetly. “Oh, and I have a present for you. Well, presents,”

 “What? Ugh, Jinyoung, I should’ve prepared something for you too. Now I feel like a terrible boyfriend. I’m so sorry.”

Jinyoung shakes his head, “No, it’s okay, Mark. I think my presents can be beneficial for us both.”

Mark smirks, “Oh, really? What are they?”

Then Jinyoung takes out something out of his apron’s big front pocket. It’s a pale pink paper, Mark notices, but he has no idea what it is.

“Here,” Jinyoung shoves the paper towards Mark and the brunette immediately takes it.

It reads “Jinyoungie’s Love Coupons” at the top of the page. The rest of the paper is divided neatly into around forty or fifty squares, each has either “1 Hug” or “1 Kiss” written in red marker. Mark chuckles at the sight, because really, what could possibly be cuter than his 19-year-old boyfriend giving him love coupons as their first anniversary gift? Not that he is complaining, though.

“Sooo…? Like it?” Jinyoung asks. Mark turns his gaze from the paper towards his boyfriend, who now has both of his hands on top of the table, resting his face on the palms.

“You’re too adorable, baby. Are you sure you’re turning 20 in a few months?”

“Yes, I am.” Jinyoung giggles, the usual cute crinkles appear at the end of his eyes.  “There are 25 hug coupons and 25 kiss coupons there. All will be valid until 23:59 tonight.”

God, is his boyfriend for real?!

“C’mere,” Mark beckons his boyfriend to come sit on his lap and Jinyoung gladly obeys. He settles himself on top of Mark’s thighs, hands immediately circling around the older’s neck. “I think I deserve more than 25 hugs and kisses, Jinyoung.”

“You don’t think they’re enough?”

“No,” Mark shakes his head, “I can never get enough of hugging and kissing you. I can never get enough of you.”

“Cheeseballs,”

Mark wraps his arms around Jinyoung’s waist then rests his head on the area where his neck and shoulder meet, inhaling the latter’s scent. “Silent please, babe, I’m using my first hug coupon.”

“Okay,” the black haired guy replies as he tightens his hug around his boyfriend, a smile making its way to his face.

 

Let’s just say Mark spends the rest of the day making the most out of his coupons (and it’s definitely more than 25 hugs and 25 kisses).