Start

Nature's Heart

2 years ago

 

“Soobin lets go to the gym. I’m dying of fatness.” Haemin said as they were going home. Kim Haemin, the lazy person had actually asked Soobin to go to the gym? Soobin had thought she might be hallucinating things again.

 

“What did you just say?” Soobin asked again to confirm what she just said.

 

“I said let’s go to the gym. I’m dying of fatness.” Haemin said again.

 

“Ok. Who are you and what did you do to my best friend?” Soobin asked and Haemin just blinked at her.

 

“I’m serious Soobin. I need to exercise. I cannot be fat. I have already convinced myself I’m going to do it.” Haemin said.

 

“Alright alright. I was just joking. Why not go take dance classes? It work your whole body and it’s not boring like lifting weights or running on the treadmill.” Soobin said.

 

“That’s a good idea. Why didn’t I think of that?” Haemin said before dragging Soobin off to register. That’s where everything started.

 

Haemin is a real chatty person therefore she could talk to anyone and everyone. Maybe that’s why she is a business relationship manager. But Soobin on the other hand was more kept to herself, that’s why she faces books her whole entire life.

 

“Isn’t he the nicest?” Haemin said after dance class with Soobin.

 

“Are you having the hots for the teacher?” Soobin asked Haemin.

 

“He’s cute and he’s so nice. I don’t mind having the hots for such a charming guy.” Haemin said.

 

“You should seriously just settle down. Or else you’ll get your mind wondering everywhere.” Soobin said.

 

3 months later.

 

“Guess what?” Haemin asked Soobin one day.

 

“What?” Soobin said as she was going through her drafts, editing her things.

 

“I’m dating someone.” Haemin said. Soobin looked up from her books with a shocked face.

 

“Who?” Why didn’t you say anything?” Soobin stopped what she was doing.

 

“You know him too.” Haemin said.

 

“Hyukjae?” Soobin exclaimed and Haemin nodded her head shyly. Soobin was astonished. She didn’t expect Haemin and their dance instructor to hit on each other so soon, or even create a relationship.

 

From then on, Haemin and Hyukjae have been inseparable. They were together every moment of their free time and Hyukjae will always be where Haemin is. Even when Haemin meets up with Soobin, Hyukjae would be there. Soobin practically treats Hyukjae like her brother now.

 

Haemin’s POV

 

“Soobin, You need to find someone in your life.” I said as we met up for coffee.

 

“Not this again. You’re finally meeting me without your boyfriend and the conversation is steering back to a similiar topic of him? Haemin, give me a break.” Soobin said as she buries her hands in her hair.

 

Soobin might have been the most unknowing girl I ever know. She’s beautiful and has the whole world in love with her. However, as she is living in her own little world, she never ever notices.

 

“You have to marry someone some day! If you don’t help yourself, Hyukjae and I will help you.” I said and earning another grunt from Soobin.

 

When we headed our separate ways, Soobin was still not accepting the fact that Hyukjae and I are going to help her, even if she doesn’t like it.

 

“Hyukkie, we need to find someone nice for Soobin or she’s gonna die an old maid!” I exclaimed and Hyukjae just laughed.

 

“It’s not funny! I want someone good for my friend. I don’t want people to make use of her and have her heart broken or any part of her body broken.” I said which cause Hyukjae to laugh even harder.

 

Hyukjae and I were only our way to pick his brother from the airport. He is an Aerospace engineer and has been in Australia for the past 2 years upgrading himself and undergoing trainings for his job.

 

“I’m quite excited. What if someone we find ends up together with Soobin and they end up getting married?”

 

“Haemin, calm down. You have not even found someone yet.” Hyukjae smiled

 

“I will definitely find one. You’ll see. What time is your brother’s plane landing anyway?” I asked as we stood at the arrival door.

 

“He’s already landed. Just waiting for him to come out.” Hyukjae said, leaning against the railing with his hand laced in front of him. When the doors opened, people were streaming out, but no sign of his brother. Not like I know how he looks like, but Hyukjae’s eyes have just been scanning the crowd, his body not moving.

 

“Where is he?” I said as the door closed and everyone had left, leaving us to.

 

“There he is.” Hyukjae said as I turned to the door to find someone who looked totally different from Hyukjae, but with the same charming smile walking toward us. I think my mouth just hit the floor.

 

“Hyung!” Hyukjae said and hugged him so tight. His brother returned the hug before they pulled away.

 

“Hyung, meet my girlfriend, Haemin. Haemin, my brother, Donghae.” Hyukjae introduced us and Donghae offered his hand for a handshake.

 

“Nice to meet you Haemin-sshi. I’ve heard a lot about you.” He has a nice smile and a nice voice.

 

“Nice to meet you too! It’s good to finally meet you Hyukjae has been dying to see you again.” With that, we went to Hyukjae’s car. While walking, I whispered the Hyukjae.

 

“I found the person I’m introducing to Soobin.” I whispered.

 

“Seriously? You don’t even know if he’s attached. I don’t even know.” Hyukjae exclaimed in a whisper.

 

“He doesn’t have a ring. There is hope.” I said with a wink.

 

“So Donghae, How’s Australia?” I asked.

 

“It’s nice. But I’m working most of the time, so I didn’t have much of a chance to go around.” He said.

 

“I heard Australian ladies are really beautiful.” I said and Hyukjae looked at me with warning in his eyes.

 

“I don’t know about that. I really didn’t go out much.” He said, scratching his head awkwardly, but I saw a blush.

 

“Maybe you should go with your girlfriend on day, go for a holiday. Australia is really beautiful.” I said and his cheeks got redder.

 

“I will when I have one.” He laugh nervously. I eyed Hyukjae in victory and he just shook his head. His brother is definitely cute and definite Soobin’s type. I can just feel it.

 

End of Haemin’s POV

 

Soobin’s POV

 

I’ve received a call from the publishing company for me to pick up another copy of unedited writing for me to look through. I have quite a few on my hands, but Ailee, my contact person helps me more than I deserve to be helped. I heard there are some editors who barely get 2 books or even writings a month. I didn’t mind getting work on my hands, but I just don’t like it when I have to go and collect the writings.

 

“Hey, isn’t this Soobin?” Siwon said as I entered the office. He’s a handsome and we hit off quite well, but he have been asking me to dinner the past few times I was here and I didn’t want to go with him. However, he will ask me again and again and again.

 

“It’s Soobin alright. She’s going over to Ailee.” Yunho said to Siwon. Yunho is one of the charmers in this office as I heard from Ailee. Apparently he flirts with anyone who is of the opposite . However, Ailee told me to just ignore him. He pestered me a few times, but Siwon and Ailee helped get rid of him.

 

“Hey Soobin.” Changmin greeted me. Changmin is the youngest in the office. He’s a fresh graduate and he’s quite a nice person. We talked a few times and he is really friendly. However, he seemed as busy as I was so we just say our Hi-s and bye-s.

 

“Here you go. I know you have tons of them, but I know you can do it. You’re really good at this. And you’re really quick too. You never make mistakes.” Ailee said as she pat me on the back.

 

“Thanks.” I said and was about to go when she turned me around.

 

“Let me treat you to coffee ok? You eyes must me dying by reading so many words.” Ailee said and took her wallet before pulling me out of the office. The guys waved bye and I nodded in acknowledgement.

 

Ailee was always the one talking when she treats me to coffee. I guess she needs someone to tell her problems to but there’s no one who listens well. I normally just listen to what she has to say because sometimes she seems really upset.

 

“I guess that’s the thing about being in a relationship huh?” She said as she took another sip of coffee. I think she would have appreciated it if it is a bottle of Souju.

 

“Are you in a relationship Soobin?” Ailee asked me and I shook my head.

 

“Been in one?” I shook my head again and her eyes widened to look like oranges.

 

“Soobin, with a girl with your qualities, guys are waiting in line to date you. Why don’t you get yourself a boyfriend so that the guys in the office can stop harassing you?” Ailee said.

 

“It’s not like that.” I said.

 

“Let me hook you up with someone. I have quite a few decent guy friends who are single.” Ailee said as she started scrolling her phone. I reached out and covered the screen.

 

“It’s alright Ailee. I am content with what I have now. And besides I have too much work to do.” I said and she just sighs.

 

“I guess I’m partly to blame then.” Ailee said as I shook my head. Ailee talked to me for about another 30 minutes before she told me to go do my work and to expect calls from her and she is also expecting calls from me to tell her I’m done with my work.

 

When I got home, I changed into comfortable clothes and started editing writings and books. It was until I received a call from Haemin.

 

“Soobin! Are you free for dinner tonight?” Haemin asked.

 

“I can’t I have work to do.” I said since my workload is piling up by the days.

 

“You need to eat dinner too right? Hyukkie booked this amazing restaurant that is one of the most famous restaurants in Seoul. He got a 4 person table. Why don’t you come?” Haemin said. She knows that I can never say no to her.

 

“What time?”

 

4 hours later, I was standing at the lobby of my apartment, waiting for Hyukjae to come pick me up. This was always the routine. Sometimes Haemin just doesn’t understand it’s awkward for me to always be alone with them. I feel like people stare at me, thinking in their minds why is she tagging along with the couple? Haemin always say I think too much. But I am sure there are people who think this way.

 

When Hyukjae’s car stopped in front of me, I entered without looking. I am such an idiot for not looking, assuming there was no one there.

 

“Soobin, Meet Donghae.” She said and I had this puzzled expression till I turned to my right to see there was someone there. I just got tricked by Haemin. We shook hands, but no words was exchanged. I can’t even look at him. He was so near to me I could even smell his aftershave.

 

“It was not my idea.” Hyukjae looked at me through the mirror as I sighed. This was going to be a long long night.