Final

Reunion


Warning: genderswitch fem!Lu

 

 

Sehun removed his glasses and placed it on top of his book with an exasperated sigh, before comfortably leaning on his chair. His brain is absolutely exhausted after finishing his math homework without even a five minute break. He glanced at his clock on his table, it’s already 11:24 pm.


Sehun heaved a sigh again and put on his glasses. Two more problems, then he’s done. He worked on it with a minimal difficulty and decided to take a shower before going to bed. He hoped that the heat will ease his tired body and brain.


Sehun lets his fingers get wrinkled before walking out of the bathroom. Tightly wrapping the towel around his waist and checking himself on the mirror as he gripped the sink, Sehun thought that he's too thin for his own liking.


After getting dressed, he sat at the corner of the bed while trying to dry his hair. Sehun knows that he’ll have a hard time getting to sleep this night, so he walked over his bookshelf and picked a book. He chose his old fairy tale book and smiled at himself when memories started creeping inside his head.


Sehun put on his glasses and sat comfortably on his bed, back leaning on the headboard. He lets himself drown with wonders and magics (which sehun thinks is a bit ridiculous but ends up reading anyway) He’s about to turn to next page when his phone rang, and he immediately knew the person behind the other line, smiling as his lips molded into perfectly shaped crrescents.

“Sehun?” He knew this voice, the tone, the sweetness of this voice. He loves it when this person says his name.

“Hmmm?”

“Oh hey! i thought you’re already asleep…”

“… can’t sleep” Sehun said in an ‘exhausted’ tone as he closed the book in his lap.

“Baby, why?” He could practically hear he concern etched in every word she says, and this made Sehun smile even more. His girlfriend is always been the caring type.

“Don’t call me 'baby’, luhan” Sehun sniggered. “Why did you call anyway?”

“Is it bad checking my boyfriend… no, baby?” Sehun could feel Lu Han rolling her eyes.

“Hmm, nope. Hey luhan…”

“yes?” Lu Han replied eagerly.

Sehun removed his glasses and placed the book on the bed side table. “I missed you”

Lu Han laughed, and Sehun knows a blush crept on his girlfriend's cheeks. “I missed you too… what are you doing right now?”

“Nothing… just reading…” He said nonchalantly

“What are you reading?” Lu han asked enthusiastically. Sehun could see the twinkle in her eyes.

“Fairy tale”

“….”

“Lu Han?”

“What? You’re reading a fairy tale?” then luhan laughed.

“Hey, what’s funny?” sehun asked in an annoyed tone.

“Nothing, I just find you adorable, anyway, I have to tell you something.”

“You always find me adorable though… What’s that 'something’?”. Sehun carded his hair and shifted his body, so that he could lie down comfortably.

“You see, we’re going to have a camping this coming week and we're not allowed to bring gadgets, so that means i wouldn’t be able to call the whole week.”

“Oh.”

“I know right, I’m sorry, Sehun” Sehun swore that he heard Lu Han's dejected sigh, but he decided to ignore it because he knew that luhan would start being fidgety if he pointed that out. His girlfriend never likes it when he knows that she'll make Sehun worry over her.

There’s a moment of silence and Sehun decided to break it

“Hey, no need to be upset, luhan… that’s alright” Sehun said, reassuring his girlfriend. “Just promise me that you’ll be safe, okay?”

“okay, i promise…Sehun?”

“hmmm?”

“you need to sleep now.” Luhan said affectionately.

“Okay… i love you, Luhan… Bye”

“Bye, sehun! I love you too, dream of me, okay?”

Sehun chuckled “okay”.

And then they both hang up.

Sehun slept with a smile plastered on his lips.



“So… you didn’t tell him?” Yixing asked, his eyebrow raised as he crossed his arms on his chest.

Lu han nodded nonchalantly while fiddling with her phone then brushing her hair off her shouders.

“Why?”

She looked up and smiled at Yixing “I want to surprise him, besides i’ve already sent a message to mom, I said that Sehun shouldn’t know about this for now.”

“Okay, but why?” Yixing's bewilderment is ostentatiously plastered on his face.

“Hm.. just wanted to… the idea came awhile ago. I’m curious about his reaction.” Lu han glanced at her watch. “I need to go now, Yixing…”

Yixing nodded. “So this is it, you’re going back to Seoul.."

“Yeah.” Luhan gave him an apologetic smile, and hugged him, reassuring the man that she'll be fine.

“Okay, I just want you to know that I’m going to miss you.” Yixing hugged back, and Lu Han knows that her cousin will probably cry at home. Yixing has aways been a cry-baby.

“I’ll miss you too, Lay” luhan hugged him and patted his shoulder.

“Don’t forget me okay… I’m your best cousin” Yixing said to her teary eyed.

She ruffled his hair and beamed brightly at him. "I won't"





Lu han followed her teacher, gaze practically glued on the floor. She’s nervous because she’s going to meet new students, and meeting new students means that you’re going to stand in front of the class. Lu han doesn’t like doing it, particularly when you don’t have any clue about your classmates.

They stopped in front of a classroom, and 'this is it, calm down luhan, you can do this, just be confident’. The teacher already walked inside the classroom and then there was silence. She motioned for her to come in and Lu han can feel their gaze boring holes all over her body, walking towards the platform as she felt that her footsteps resonated on the corners of the classroom. She stood up straight and smiled at them, urging her hands to stop shaking.

“Please introduce yourself to them.”

“Hi, I’m luhan and I’m a transfer student… please take care of me” and Luhan bowed in full 90 degrees. She congratulated herself for not stuttering.

But, before the teacher could point out her seat, a student suddenly asked her.

“So, are you single or taken?” Some students laughed and whistles could be heard from somewhere, others just looked at her expecting an answer, and some decided to ignore it.

“Mr. Jung!” The teacher tried reprimanded them, but the others just continued.

Luhan averted her gaze to the Jung student and smiled. “I’m taken.”

The teacher apologized for the behavior and pointed out her seat. She could feel the stare of her classmates, and Lu Han felt squirmy under ther gaze. She finally sat on her seat beside the window, calming down herself.

“Ms. Kim.”

A girl with brown locks and glasses stood up.

“Yes, ma'am?”

"I would like you to tour Ms. Lu in the campus.”

The girl just glanced at her, and gave her a wry smile.

This is going to be a long day, she thought.





Luhan learned that the girl touring her now is named Junmyeon, the class representative of their section. She also learned that Junmyeon isn’t scary, there’s just this certain aura that screamed her authority at the school, and her serious and pissed-off expression, written on her beautiful face, sent boys running away.

“This is the school’s botanical garden, we can’t come in right now… maybe tomorrow if you still have time. The garden’s closed every monday.”

Luhan hummed and smiled at her. “That’s alright”

They walked down a hallway and Luhan noticed that the cork boards are full of colorful posters and the like.

“So… this is the announcement hall, you can find out all the school’s activity here.” Junmyeon said while Luhan eyed the colorful posters and announcements.

'This isn’t just an announcement hall’ luhan thought, 'it’s also sort of an 'advertisement’ hall if luhan has to be honest.

She scanned every posters, from the club that's currently recruiting for a new member to the smallest piece of paper that says: 'School lunch ? Contact Kim Minseok to join the advocacy of improving cafeteria food. Her eyes, however, landed on a poster with a picture that definitely caught her attention. Luhan stopped as her eyes widened.

“There isn’t much about this hall since-” Junmyeon was cut off when she noticed that luhan isn’t following her anymore. She glanced back and found luhan staring at a certain poster, eyebrows furrowed, as if she's seeing something she shouldn't.

Junmyeon followed her gaze and smirked when her eyes landed on the same poster Lu Han's staring at.

“Wow, i didn’t thought that he’s going to pique the interest of a transfer student… Seriously, the school's prince is something."

Above sehun’s picture are the words: 'You’re always welcome to join the school prince’s fan club' written in obnoxious pink.

Luhan glanced at Junmyeon.

“Don’t say that you like him already… you said that you’re taken,” Junmyeon said with annoyance in her tone and rolled her eyes “besides, it’s not like you have a chance…”

“Why not?” Lu Han asked out of pure curiosity.

“He turned down all confessions to him.” Junmyeon said nonchalantly as they started walking again.

A small 'o’ formed in luhan’s lips before turning into a slight smile. “Do you know why?”

“What do you mean?”

“Do you know why he turned them down?” She halted and faced Lu Han. Junmyeon's sort of getting irritated with this girl, because out of all the people she hated, flirty girls are the ones she hated the most.

“Nope, not a single clue… though, there’s a rumor that he actually has a girlfriend, but that’s not confirmed, He’s pretty stiff you know… that’s why sometimes they call him the 'ice prince'.”

Luhan nodded. “if that’s the case then i’m sure his girlfriend is lucky… don’t you think?”

Junmyeon sighed and they continued to walk, this time side by side. “Who knows?”

“Anyway, you seem to hate him…”

“Personal reasons, don’t ask why.” junmyeon said in monotonous voice.

“okay… by the way, what is sehun’s section?” luhan asked.

“why?”

Because he's my boyfriend. But Lu Han didn't say that, instead she said that she's just curious about him.

Junmyeon gave Sehun’s section to Luhan, about why? She definitely has no clue… she has a hunch, though, that maybe luhan’s just another fangirl and that she lied to everyone when she said that she’s taken. Junmyeon can’t help feeling bitter. Last year, she decided to push her luck in confessing to Sehun (he's her type because aside from the fact that he's handsome, he's also intelligent) but the latter rejected her politely. since then, she hated the so called “school’s prince”.





Jongin came rushing back on his chair, hair slightly disheveled, probably from running down the hallway. "Guess what, guys?"

“What?” A booming voice asked behind sehun.

“Chanyeol! There’s a pretty girl who just transferred!” Jongin said while doing the fist of victory.

“oh yeah?” Baekhyun joined in their mini antics and gave Jongin a high-five. Sehun just stayed silent, focusing on the book he's currently reading, but his thoughts shifted on the reason on why's he friends with them.

“yeah! But you know what guys… I saw her with Ms.party-pooper-called-Junmyeon.” Sehun’s face scrunched up with the name they gave her, but he doesn’t really have a clue about Junmyeon except that he rejected her. Sehun’s judgement is much better, though. He knew that deep down there she’s friendly, and he knew that if Luhan meets junmyeon, she’ll think the same. “Anyway, the transferee’s beautiful, plus, she has a nice body and a creamy skin.” Jongin continued.

Jongin glanced at him and smirked. “hey, the ice prince isn’t interested… again.”

Sehun rolled his eyes.

Jongin sighed and propped up his chin. “Come to think of it, that girl… it seems like I’ve seen her before…”

Chanyeol raised his eyebrow. “What do you mean?”

“I’ve really seen her somewhere before.” Jongin said with a finality in his voice.

Sehun looked at him with curious eyes. He knows that jongin is really good at remembering someone’s face and that his friend is rarely wrong.

“She’s… ummm… a wallpaper of somebody, I guess” Jongin said and leaned his back on his chair. “Sehun… is it your wallpaper?” Jongin suddenly asked.

He looked at him and examined his face, there’s no hint of teasing, just curiousity. Baekhyun and Chanyeol glanced at him with expectant face.

Sehun thought that there’s no way jongin saw his cellphone’s home wallpaper. (Except one night when their group of friends decided to hang out in a noraebang one time. Sehun unlocked his phone and a picture of luhan flashed, his friend had caught a glimpse, but he remembered it immediately as soon as sehun put back his phone in his pocket.)

“What? Why are you guys staring at me like that?” Sehun asked and feigned business with his book on the desk.

“Sehun rejected every single girl that confessed to him… at first i thought that he’s gay, but then i haven’t seen Sehun’s eyes twinkle when he’s looking at other guys…” Chanyeol said while rubbing his temples, like he's just solving the hardest math equation.

“It’s because I’m not, Chanyeol” Sehun said and rolled his eyes.

“So, do you have a girfriend?!” baekyun almost squealed.

Sehun sighed, still not looking on his bestfriends eyes. "Yeah."

“Sehun you jerk! You didn't tell us!” Sehun wants to counter that they didn't even asked him. Jongin’s about to to put him in a headlock, but fortunately (or unfortunately for Jongin's point of view) he was interrupted by their class representative.

“Sehun, someone’s waiting for you outside…” Kris said nonchalantly. “Another confession, maybe” Kris mumbled to himself.

He stood up and sighed.

“ANOTHER CONFESSION!” Baekhyun shouted, enough for everyone in the classroom to hear.

The students whispered into each others’ ears and gave sehun a peak. He honestly doesn’t want to turn down another girl, so he sat up again and rubbed his temples. After a few moments Jongin asked him.

“Hey! you’re not even go-” Jongin is interrupted again, but this time by Sehun’s ringing phone.

Sehun stared at his phone. “You’re supposed to answer it, idiot!”

Baekhyun grinned at him stupidly.

Luhan’s calling but she’s on a camping trip right now, Sehun thought. He still answered the phone.

“Luha-”

“Hey Sehun!” Sehun heard a voice in front of him, making him look up. He was stunned to find Lu Han standing in front of him, hands slammed against the wood of his table. Sehun never broke their eye contact as he shut his phone beside his ear.

Everyone in the room is silent.

“Sehun-ah say something…” Luhan pouted.

Sehun can’t believe that the person standing before him is his girlfriend. This is luhan, this is Sehun’s Luhan, this is his Luhan. Sehun thought that this is just a dream, but Luhan grabbed his hand.

He felt her touch, he’s not dreaming, sehun’s not dreaming, then his lips curled upwards, revealing a smile.

“hey…” sehun said softly.

“hey…” and luhan smiled at him, Sehun’s favorite smile, the smile Sehun would never forget.

A/N: Sorry for making this short :)) I want to write this into a lenghty fic, but i think i ran out of details HAHAHA. anyway, i hoped you enjoyed reading this! ^.^v Comments are very much welcomed.

You can also read it http://deerpyhan.livejournal.com/3629.html