No one else but with you

They say opposites attract and they were right

It was one of a kind. Their relationship. No one can say they were together nor can they say that they were just friends. Yeah, they were definitely in love. That kind of in love where you can’t help but want to fall in love with that person and everything that falls with it. That kind of honest love. 

 

It was the first for Jiyong. He couldn’t understand it too. Were they suppose to fall in love? Or was it just friendly? Was it just him that loved? His friends and family were certain they would end up together. Their love was too evident, too real to be make-believe. 

 

The odd fact was that Taeyeon was the complete opposite of Jiyong. From top to toe. Even more when no one none at all, expected they would even be close friends. It was a shock really. Jiyong and Taeyeon, they just don’t match. 

 

Their meeting was simply an insignificant one. It was just Jiyong meeting up with one of his producer friends and Taeyeon tagging along with his friend just to get a drink at the cafe. 

 

Taeyeon planned to leave right after she bought it but when Jiyong came, the friend introduced them to each other (as if they didn’t know one another) and for some peculiar reason, they sat down and started talking. That was when the paparazzi found them... Yeah they were kinda screwed. 

 

But the thing is Jiyong and Taeyeon didn’t care. They didn’t care at all. Cause it was just a brief meeting between musicians, nothing personal, nothing lasting. The news was a hard-up blow to VIPs and Sones but it wasn’t strong enough to blast because the next day they both said the same thing. That they met just because she was there with a mutual friend and went back straight after they greeted each other and talked for a few minutes. Noting big at all, just normal. And then it just got boring so it was completely ignored.

 

But then they kept coincidentally bumping into each other. They had many mutual friends for some reason. And so they talked. Talked, talked and talked until texts were sent almost all the time. Cause it was never boring with Jiyong and Taeyeon. It came to that day when they basically memorized each other’s schedules and always met up with their friends. 

 

And it was natural how YG, SM and their friends and family were cool with it. Because how they became friends was just natural and not only did they get close to each other but to the YG and SM family too. But mostly Taeyeon with the YG family. She would  visit YG quite often and make music. She got close to Big Bang and 2ne1 too, as though she was a part of YG all along.

 

When that happens it was obvious people would think they were together but Jiyong and Taeyeon kept on denying it. ‘We’re just each other’s person you know. We’re simply over-attached.’ They both would say. And the others would just roll their eyes at the ridiculousness. 

 

They were caught again by the paparazzi when they were going out for dinner with Youngbae, Teddy and Seungho. Jiyong and Taeyeon were sitting beside each other and they were in the open air so it was like they wanted everyone to know. But they didn’t. Every time they’re together, it’s always Kwon Jiyong and Kim Taeyeon. Not Big Bang’s G-Dragon or Girl’s Generation’s Kim Taeyeon. And they kept on stupidly forgetting that they both were actually the biggest idol group in South Korea. People around had to constantly remind them which is kind of sweet in a way (and dumb too).

 

Jiyong was cool with it as long as Taeyeon was okay with it. And they were fine so the dinner went along. No one looked disturbed one bit and the conversations kept flowing. The ambience was fun and light. Few days later as expected, it was breaking news. An absolute hit! There were pictures of Taeyeon laughing at what Jiyong said, pictures of them staring at one another, smiling and really animated, natural pictures of the group hanging out and having fun. And in all of the pictures, there was none that did not show the affections Jiyong and Taeyeon had for each other. It was so apparent even through vague pictures. 

 

A bombard of questions invaded YG and SM. Fans were going crazy. Yet the companies didn’t say a word. So again the hype leveled down but it wasn’t ignored though. Paparazzi kept catching them but they weren’t really hounding them so Taeyeon and Jiyong decided to just let it be. Gradually, the public didn’t really need any confirmation that they were dating or just friends. It was up to the people what they wanted to think.

 

The fans named them Korea’s Jay-Z and Beyonce. It slowly seemed that the fans could accept if they truly dated. They were the talk of the century really. Their celebrity friends would always be asked by interviewers if they were dating and their reply would always be ‘No. They’re just good friends.’  So yeah, they were still just friends. 

 

They go to each other’s concerts if they have the time. Twice, Taeyeon was spotted backstage at Big Bang’s Big show and Jiyong’s One of A Kind tour in Jakarta. Yes, Taeyeon secretly went to Jakarta with Jiyong. How scandalous! Fans said it was cute and they ‘shipped’ them even more. Some were jealous too. (How can they not be.)Whereas Jiyong was spotted at two of SNSD’s concert. It was in Tokyo and he went with Youngbae. They were a lot of pictures of them in the Internet. Once, Jiyong posted a picture of him, Taeyeon, Bom, Chaerin and Tabi in the club on Instagram. It had the most likes. 

 

The parade of Taeyeon and Jiyong went on. Dating rumors, break up rumors, bull rumors. ‘ that. it.’ Jiyong would say, resulting in Taeyeon slapping his cheeks or staring him dead. She especially didn’t like his constant cursing. Again a highlight of their visible difference. Despite that though, there was one time when they were out for dinner with the YG gang after YG’s family concert in Seoul and Taeyeon accidentally stubbed her toe on the table which caused her to fall while shouting ‘!’ The YG boys couldn’t stop laughing, especially Jiyong cause he knew Taeyeon was going to go ballistic after she realizes what she said. In return, Taeyeon jokingly ignored him the entire dinner for laughing at her and not helping her up. It couldn’t and didn’t last for 5 minutes.

 

The YG family knew how precious Taeyeon was to Jiyong so they knew not to mess around with her so much and plus, Jiyong’s been more productive lately. His music producing and songwriting skyrocketed. Taeyeon was good for him. She kept him in contact and focus when he needed to be. And yes, they’re not dating. ‘What the ? Why the ?’ PSY said that.

 

Jiyong was good for Taeyeon too. He took care of her real good. He was definitely a gentleman but imperfect still which made Taeyeon adore him more. Jiyong’s close to SNSD, especially Tiffany. Tiffany’s second in Taeyeon’s list, just below Jiyong (cue shy giggles from Taeyeon). The girls would always say that ever since they got to know each other, Taeyeon’s been smiling all the time. She looks happier, brighter but still the Taeyeon that they and the fans love. That’s the best part. Jiyong didn’t change her, he made her better. And Taeyeon felt good about it.

 

After all that, they still weren’t together. Their friendship had gone to normal hang outs to random ‘Hey, I’m outside your apartment. Open up. I bought food.’ And they would chill at each other’s house for hours, just the two of them (sometimes with friends too). They cuddle. Her favourite spot being Jiyong’s lap. ‘It’s warm and comfy. Makes me want to cuddle with you all the time.’ Taeyeon said when Jiyong asked her. And they continue watching their movies, bickering when either one of them thought the movie was boring. Sometimes, they fall asleep on the couch. Jiyong would always be hugging her, head on her chest. He said it was the most comfortable spot and Taeyeon can’t help but blush and Jiyong can’t help but kiss her blushing cheeks. Times like this they think of being together but it just doesn’t go deep, the thought. 

 

Jiyong likes the fact that Taeyeon is close to his sister. His Dami noona just opened up a store, Rare Market which she invested a lot in. Taeyeon helped a lot with it. She and Dami even planned the interior together. Taeyeon sometimes post updates of the shop on her Instagram for marketing purposes. They talk a lot too about everything and nothing. Taeyeon once thanked Jiyong for having Dami as his sister cause she had always wanted an older sister to talk to and it was relieving for her, not to have to always be the oldest among her friends. 

 

One day, Taeyeon asked Jiyong out of the blue, ‘Are we together?’

 

‘What do you mean? Yes, we are together. You’re with me right now in this room.’

 

‘No as in are we together, together? Are we dating?’

 

‘Well I always thought we were. I don’t think we need any confirmation or assurance, love. I always knew we were in love and together. I love you, you know that right?’ he stared at her captivating eyes. The sincerity and love so incredibly evident in his words, one’s heart could break with the veracity of his feelings towards her.

 

And Taeyeon stared at him with moist, loving eyes, smiling. ‘What a beautiful man he is,’ she thought. 

 

‘I love you, Kwon Jiyong. I love you very much.’ Jiyong stopped what he was doing and looked at her, proud and over the moon. 

 

‘I love you more.’ And he kissed her. So passionately. 

 

Jiyong and Taeyeon smiled while they kissed. 

 

Breathe in. Breath out.

 

Finally.

 

________________________________________________________________________