Prologue

Running Heroes

It was dark and icy. The coldness was too strong, but it was purposely being vanished by some sort of heater from one of the machines. The machines run vigorously and heated some kind of a human being inside it. Another person was watching as the human being inside of the machine being awakened by the sudden warmth of his surrounding. The person watching smiled cunningly as the machine finished its run and the door of the machine opened, revealing the human being inside.

Yoo Jaesuk opened his eyes in fear and restlessness. He didn’t know what was happening and what he was doing that time. He felt cold, but he also felt warmth from behind him. The door which was opening slowly began to reveal the very last person he wanted to see right then. Many things ran through his head. The guilt. Questions…

Where are they? Are they safe? Why must I get caught?

A sly laughter was heard soon after. “Yoo Jaesuk,” that person began. “Did you sleep well?”

The door had opened perfectly, but Jaesuk didn’t want to move forward. Not because he was scared of him, but because he knew it wouldn’t make things better.

“Where are the others?” Jaesuk spoke his mind.

Receiving no movements from Jaesuk, the man moved towards him instead. “Who? Running Heroes?” he asked rather nicely to Jaesuk, the fakeness almost made him sick. “Last time I checked, I only had you as my prisoner and I wouldn’t care less about the others.”

The man smiled cunningly towards Jaesuk and he only knew one thing. Either that man couldn’t catch the others or he did catch them all and already killed them.

Jaesuk grimaced and looked at the man’s face, almost pleading.

“Oh, don’t give me that look, Jaesuk. You are the world’s greatest hero. Why should you be pleading for me to get you out?” the man said.

“I’m not pleading so that I could be freed. I just don’t want you to even touch any of them,” Jaesuk said. “You should just leave them alone.”

The man chuckled. “Of course, but they are also the world’s greatest hero. If they didn’t come to my offer, then I should probably get rid of them, shouldn’t I?”

Yoo Jaesuk sighed. He had promised the team that he wouldn’t let anything happen to them, but now he couldn’t even save them. All of the guilt and sorry were running through his heart. His heavy heart made him slightly mad and his hand began to make fists.

“Oh, don’t even waste your energy to try compromised me because your great power is no longer working,” the man said after he saw Jaesuk’s fists.

Jaesuk gasped and felt his heart went heavier. He was scared, lost, and weak. He didn’t want to be beaten by only words, so he tried to use his power. He then focused on all of his energy into the head of the man in front of him, and… Nothing.

It was true. He could not achieve his power anymore.

Yoo Jaesuk almost cried, but succeed in keeping it together. He was the leader. Of course he would not break down so easily. “What have you done to my power?” he demanded for answers.

And before he could get anything out from that man, the room got dark. Pitch Dark.


So, there you go! The prologue. This is actually what will happen at the end, so in the next chapter you'll get to see the beginning and would be explained everything else. Thank you for reading! :)