Cinderella Story

Memorable Times with Byun Baekhyun

 

            It was December, which meant that homecoming was right around the corner. Your boyfriend, Kevin Costar, had asked you at the Fall Assembly on the last week of October. Now here you were, in the store you had visited a few days ago, for that dress you found. Since you were the President of the Student Council at EXODUS High School and he was the Star Quarterback, you came up with the theme of a Cinderella Story.

 

            While paying and heading to the door to leave, two of the schools cheerleaders walked in and saw you. They cornered you and took the dress from you.

 

            “What is this? A buying a dress? Ha!” the first girl said. She was the girlfriend of one of your best friends’ friend, Byun Baekhyun. He was the most popular guy in the school, y, a great dancer, and the top of the class. He was every teenage girl’s dream, a prince dressed in white.

 

            “What did she buy?” she asked her friend. The other girl ripped open the wrapping and held it up. They both laughed and looked at you.

 

            “You are kidding me right? Thinking about looking the best? Well, you can’t and you never will!” Taking the dress, she uses the scissors that he friend help and cut the dress up. Your heart breaks and you look down at the torn dress. As the two cheerleaders walk away, talking in Korean, you kneel down in front of the dress, eyes tearing up. Just then, your phone goes off and you take it out to see who had texted you. It was Kevin.

 

            To: _____

            From: Kevin Bae

            Time: 5:56pm, December 12, 2014

            _____, I’m sorry but I’m not going to be able to go with you to the Homecoming dance with you. My sister got sick and my parents are out for the weekend, so I have to take care of her. Hope you are okay going without me.

 

            Two minutes later, you receive another text message from him.

 

            To: _____

            From: Kevin Bae

            Time: 5:58pm, December 12, 2014

            TBH, I am breaking up with you. You too shallow and you don’t seem to care about my feelings. It kinda feels like you don’t want to show people that we are dating and it’s suffocating me. I really cannot do this anymore. So with that, goodbye.

 

            This just adds more tears to your eyes and you cry more. One of the ladies that worked at the store came over to you, worry clouding her hazel eyes.

 

            “Oh my gosh. Sweetie, are you alright? Goenchaneuseyo?” she kneels in front of you.

 

            “My dress is gone and so is my boyfriend. Today is homecoming and I’m Ruined!”

 

           
            “Honey, you don’t need a guy to take you and have a good time. You be strong, be happy. How about this,” she stands up and pulls you up with her. “I’ll fix you up that you will shine bright, give you a ride in the company car with a driver and you give everyone at this homecoming a big shock? Hm? What do you say?”

 

            “You would do that for me?” you ask her. She smiles, soft and reassuring.

 

            “Sure! Besides, I own this place. I also have a dress that I have been working on that will fit you perfectly,” she smiles, happily and bright.

 

            ______________________________________________________

 

            A few hours later, you are in the company’s car and on your way to the Homecoming dance. It started at 9 pm and you were running about tem minutes late due to traffic and all. You finally arrive and the driver opened the door for you. You thank him and he says that he will be back at 12:30 pm. He hands you a phone.

 

            “Call whenever you are ready to leave, Miss.” He smiled. “By the way, you look stunning.” You blush and bow to him.

 

            “Thank you,” you smile and head inside of the Ball room. As you walk into the huge room, all eyes fall on you. Some bow and move to let you through. Some girls’ eyes bored holes into you but you walked tall. You walk around and talk so some classmates for about 30 minutes when you spot Kevin with some girl. As she turns around, you see that it’s…. Baekhyuns’ girlfriend! Your blood boils and your eyes began to tear up. Your eyes shine as you watch Kevin and Baekhyuns’ girlfriend dance to VIXX’s ERROR. You feel a tap on your shoulder and you turn to see Oh Sehun, your partner in crime and best friend, smiling down at you but his beautiful smile fall of his lips.

 

            “_____, why are you crying?” He looks in the direction of the dance floor where he sees Kevin and his new girl dancing. “That Bastard.”

 

            “It’s fine, Sehunnie! Aigoo, you look so handsome! Who is the lucky lady?” you lighten the mood and giggle and he hugs you close.

 

            “Su Li Jayda,” he smiles to himself.

 

            “Aww. My Sehunnie oppa is growing up!” you pinch his cheeks and giggle.

 

            “Yah!” He couldn’t help but laugh, too. “Well, I’m going to go find the boys-” He started.

 

             “SEHUN, BRUH!” EXO, a group of boy singer and the hottest in the school, called as they walk up to the two of you. They were all dressed in Tuxes and looked breathtaking. “WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?”

 

            “Here, waiting on you guys.” He did his greeting with the group then pulls you close to him. “Guys, you remember _____?”

 

            “Haha, of course we do, dongsaeng. You look absolutely stunning, breathtaking. It’s hard not to want to pounce you right here, haha. I’m just joking. Doesn’t she look beautiful boys?” They all agree and make you blush. The only one who looked heartbroken was Byun Baekhyun.

 

            You and me both, huh? You mentally think to yourself.

 

            “Oy, Baekhyun? Goenchaneuseyo?” Lay asks him.

 

            He looks at all of you. “Hm? Oh yeah, I’m fine. Um, can I talk to you guys for a second? Alone?”

 

            You smile as they all look at you. “I’ll be over at the punch bowl,” you say and bow to them before leaving to the punch bowl. Taking a sip of your punch, you notice EXO placing a chair in the middle of the dance floor to the hall. They were handed mics and that Baekhyun was talking to the DJ. He nods and smiles. Baekhyun brings the mic to his beautiful lips and speaks.

 

            “Annyeonghaseyo, Chingus. I’m Baekhyun and this is my group, EXO. We are a group of twelve members including me. Tonight, on this special night, we have a special gift for a special lady that we all love and adore as a sister but to me, she is more like a girlfriend than a sister.”

 

            The room fills with gasps and giggles of girls.

 

            “She is the most beautiful, stunning, prettiest girl I have ever known. My eyes adored her. Her smile warms my heart and it was sad that she is alone tonight. But I plan to make her mine, if she’ll accept me.” You look from him to the boys. They were looking down but had huge smiles on their face.

 

            “It’s me,” His girlfriend says to her friend but loud enough for you to hear.

 

            “Chanyeol, Kris, can go to and bring the lucky lady who has always had my heart?”

 

            There is no possible way that it is me, you say in your head and turn away from them. Seconds later, you feel two hands grasp yours and turn you around. It was your own Happy Virus and Kriscasso. You look passed them to see Baekhyun standing there, in front of the chair, waiting for you. Kris and Chanyeol lead you to him and you sit in the chair. He kneels in front of you and takes one of your hands.

 

            “_____, you -have always had my heart. No matter how much I ignored it, I still found myself looking at you. So here I am with this song for you. You’ll always be my first,” he signals the DJ and the music begins.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByC2spIqwK0

 

            He starts to sing and EXO joins him shortly after. You look at him, trapped in his gaze. His beautiful brown eyes watching you. You feel him intertwining his long beautiful fingers around yours, placing your locked hands in your lap. You look up to see your classmates swaying from side to side with the beat of the song and even notice some crying. You look at the members as most of them except Kris, Tao, Kai and Kyungsoo hug their girlfriends as they sang and watched you. You look back at Baekhyun as you feel his palm against your cheek. Your eyes water and your free hand cups your mouth and nose as you lightly cry. You fall into his lap and hug him close, not letting him go. You pull back but keep your head low so he can’t see your tears. You peek to the side to see him looking at you with nothing but love in his eyes. The music starts to fade as and only his voice fills the room. After he finishes, the room is quiet for a moment. All of a sudden a gunshot rings and you feel wetness forming between your s. You look down to see red, all over the front of your beautiful Cinderella dress. You look up at Baekhyun with tears in your eyes and began to fall backwards. He catches you before you hit the floor and holds you in his lap.

 

            “YOU ING ! I TOLD YOU THAT I WOULD KILL YOU! YOU DESERVE TO DIE!” His ex screamed. Some of the teacher held her down as security hand cuffed her.

 

            “No, no,” Baekhyuns’ eyes watered. He brings up a bloodied hand to your cheek. “Stay awake, stay with me.”

 

            “Jagiya, call 9-1-1!’ Junmyeon hands his girlfriend the phone. “Baekhyun-ssi, we need to get her to the ER right now.”

 

            “O-Okay,” he says and lifts you up in his arms. You are placed in the back of their Hummer limo with EXO and their girlfriends. You eyelids were becoming heavy and you turn your head to Baekhyun.

 

            “Aniyo, please. Stay with me, don’t go to sleep,” He caressed your black hair.

 

            About five minutes later, the limo stops with a jerk.

 

            “Help, we need a Doctor ASAP!” Luhan and Chen yell as he walks into the ER, with Baekhyun following in his steps, you in his arms. “She’s been shot!”

 

            The last thing you see is Baekhyuns’ worried eyes.

 

            ___________________________________________________________

 

Baekhyuns’ POV

 

                        We sat there, in the ER’s waiting room as they operated on her. My hands were still bloodstained with her blood. I placed my head in my hands as I cried. Lays’ girlfriend, Kiminie, placed her arms around me.

 

            “She’ll be fine, oppa. She will make it through this. I’m proud of you, we all are. Have faith and make a wish in your heart,” She pulled back and placed her hand over my heart. “That she will survive, that she will be safe. The Angels are listening tonight.”

 

            I look her and nod. She smiles and goes back to sit with Lay, who kisses her lovingly and thanks her in Chinese. I bring my legs up to my chest and lay my forehead against my knees. Chanyeol was on my right and Tao was on my left, leaning their head on my shoulders, asleep and tired just like me.

 

            Oh, please, Angels who are listening to this. Bring her back to me. Protect her from harm and pain. Don’t let me lose her. Bring her home to me. Please, please. I’m begging you.

 

            About 30 minutes later, I feel someone shaking my shoulders. I look up to see everyone standing and the Surgeon walking towards us. I stood up.

 

            “Are you all with _____?”

 

            “Shì de,” Kris says, his arm around Tao’s waist, they younger boy crying lightly, worried there will be bad news. “Xū, bǎobèi. Wǒmen xūyào qīngtīng. Fàngsōng. Bùyào kūle, hǎo ma?”

 

            “Shì de, bǎobèi.” Tao replied in Chinese.

 

            “Okay, the good news is, she is going to be okay. She is all done and resting in her room now. The bullet missed all the important organs, so nothing is permanently damaged. Bad news is, she will have to stay here in the hospital for about a week, give or take. She is very lucky. She had angels with her tonight,” He bows and we bow back. After he leaves, my knees went weak and I fell back into a chair.

 

            “Baekhyun-ssi, are you alright?” Chanyeol asks.

 

            “Yeah, I’m… I’m…” I begin to cry and he wipes my tears away. “Chanyeol hyung, she’s going to be okay!”

 

            “Hehe, I know. I was there,” He smiles. “Let’s go see her.’

 

            We go and get a visitors pass to 8T23, her room. I stand there, with my hand on the door handle, hesitant. I feel a hand on my shoulder and see Minseok nodding. I smile and open the door slowly. I see her sleeping peacefully on the hospital bed, her face clear and soft. Her hair fanned out on the pillows. I go to her side and take her cold hand into mine. I press it against my cheek as I lean in and whisper….

 

            “_____, come back to me. Wake up,” I kiss her ear and cheek. “Wake back up to me. Come home.”

 

            ________________________________________________________

 

            Wake up back to me. Come home….. Is what you hear, slowly your eyes open and you see Byun Baekhyun.

 

            “Saranghae, _____,” He whispers.

 

            “Saranghae, Baekhyunee,” you whisper back and close your eyes.

 

            “Sleep now, jagiya. Let me take care you from now on,” you feel him kiss your lips and you smile, feeling his hand caress and sooth your hair. “My Cinderella.”