Chapter 1

Money Can't Buy Me Love... or Can It?

Yongguk walked through the double doors of the banquet hall. His friend had signed him up for this bachelor auction, insisting he get out of the house and find a man. While he was less than pleased about this, he agreed to go anyway. It's not like he was doing anything important. And his friend had payed for his entry so he couldn't really complain. Besides, it was a charity event, and he couldn't say no to charity.

He was ushered to a table where several young men were also sitting. Some were bachelors being sold, while others were there to choose their eye-candy. Yongguk surveyed the bachelors at his table. None really caught his attention.

The bachelor on his right seemed a bit clingy, judging from the way he was hanging onto his arm. He giggled a lot, and his face was dusted pink. Perhaps he was drunk. Yongguk didn't care to find out, though. The bachelor on his left seemed bored with everyone at the table. He hadn't spoken a word since Yongguk arrived, and he didn't look like he was about to start anytime soon.

Yongguk sat silently, not really socializing with anyone else at the table. He glanced at his watch. The bachelors would switch tables any second now.

A bell rang throughout the banquet hall. 

"All bachelors, please move to the next table," the event organizer spoke from the stage. All the bachelors at the table stood and walked to the next table. Another group of young men walked to the table and took a seat. Yongguk surveyed the bachelors sitting next to him once again. 

To his right was a young man with soft-looking, dark brown hair. His eyes were a pretty onyx shade. His face said he was no younger than 19. He was tall, thin, and a bit pale. His cheeks were a bit round, giving him a young look. Yongguk brought a hand up to gently tap the young man's shoulder. He turned his head to look at the older on his left. He blushed as his lips curled upwards into a smile. 

"Hello," the teen greeted, holding his hand out to the older. "My name's Junhong. It's a pleasure to make your aquaintence, sir."

Yongguk blushed slightly. Not because he was shy or anything, but rather because he felt like what Junhong said was scripted. Secondhand embarrassment. He took the younger's hand and shook it firmly.

"Yongguk. You don't have to be formal around me, I promise." He smiled at the teen. "So tell me about yourself, Junhong."

"I'm 18, and I'll be 19 in October. I enjoy playing soccer, skateboarding, and rapping. I have one older brother, and a pet frog."

Yongguk beamed at the teen. He seemed to have a lot of passion for his activities. And he rapped! 

"What about you, Yongguk?"

"I'm 25, and I produce music and rap. I have a twin brother and an older sister who's a tattoo artist. We also have a dog."

"Your sister's a tattoo artist? Do you have any tattoos?"

Yongguk chuckled. "Yep. One on my left shoulderblade, one on my right bicep, and one across my chest."

"Amazing!! Did they hurt?"

"Sure they hurt at first, but you get used to them. Were you thinking of getting one?"

"Maybe..."

"I'll definitely tell my sister, then." Just then, the bell rang and the event runner spoke again with the same message. Junhong stood up and looked at Yongguk. 

"I hope I get to see you later, Yongguk."

"I hope so to. See you, Junhong."

The bachelors switched tables again. Yongguk talked with some more bachelors throughout the night, but he kept thinking back to Junhong.  He was drawn to him.

At the end of the night, participants were asked to write their name and number on a piece of paper and give it to the bachelor of their choice. There were several boxes placed in front of the stage on a table. On the boxes were names of the bachelors that participated. Yongguk found the box with Junhong's name on it and dropped his paper in the box. He hoped that he would recieve a phone call the next day from the young man. He walked back to his table, grabbed his jacket, and left the banquet hall, thanking the staff for hosting the event.