Chapter 7

It’s called a “man”-icure for a reason, right?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[Chapter 7]

 

Jeonghan leaned back in his chair with a groan, already exhausted despite it only being 11 o’clock in the morning. The riot in Seventeen Salon was giving him a headache. Why did Soonyoung and Seokmin always have to come at the same time? It is like they specifically plan their manicures for whenever Jeonghan is working.

 

Although Jeonghan does consider them friends, he hopes to God he never has to introduce Soonyoung and Seokmin to Seungkwan. Putting those three in the same room would be just as amusing as it would be unbearable.

 

Jeonghan nodded along to whatever crazy story Soonyoung is telling, directing the rambunctious blonde to sit under the dryer. Now that he did not have to actively pretend to listen to Soonyoung ramble as he does his customer’s nails, Jeonghan put on his generic interested face and spaced out while he waited.

 

Of course, Joshua immediately came to mind. It had been about four months since he met the other, and they were still going on dates and awkwardly flirting with each other. Although Seungcheol and Jihoon had recommended bringing up the weirdness that was his and Joshua’s Fourth of July date, Jeonghan still had not mentioned it. Honestly, Jeonghan was enjoying their relationship as it was now, and somewhere deep down, he did not want to mess that up just yet. They had been a bit bolder in their cheek kisses, hand holding, and cuddling together while watching sappy movies. They had gone together to karaoke, museums, little cafes, and even an arcade during this last full month before the end of summer. Jeonghan knew he was falling deeper and deeper in love with Joshua. He could only hope that Joshua felt the same way.

 

That was why he never brought up the Fourth of July fiasco. Whatever Joshua was hiding, Jeonghan believed that it was most likely not something serious. Joshua was not that kind of person. And Jeonghan loved Joshua too much to let him go over something trivial.

 

The bell over the front door jingled as someone entered the salon. Jeonghan immediately perked up and checked the clock. Hearing Wonwoo greet Joshua confirmed his suspicions. As Jeonghan nearly jumped out of his chair, Mingyu, who was still busy doing Seokmin’s nails, took the opportunity to tease his coworker.

 

“Oooo Jeonghan-hyung’s boyfriend is here,” he jested.

 

Jeonghan just took his long hair out of his ponytail and purposefully flipped it over his shoulder while saying, “Yes, yes he is.”

 

When Jeonghan skipped up to the front of the salon and saw Joshua, he immediately placed himself in the other’s arms and kissed him on the cheek, ignoring the fake disgust from Wonwoo. Jeonghan loved the way that Joshua was still so shy about displays of affection and blushed like mad. Joshua looked at Wonwoo with a pleading look at Jeonghan burrowed more into his arms, but Wonwoo just laughed.

 

“Hey, he’s your problem now, not mine,” he said.

 

Joshua tried his best to peel Jeonghan off of him, but the older would not budge.

 

“Sometimes I wonder if you’re really older than me,” he said to Jeonghan with a sigh. The only response Jeonghan gave him was an even tighter grip around his waist.

 

He did eventually let go to give Joshua one more kiss on the cheek before saying, “Ready for our date?”

 

“Y-Yeah,” Joshua stuttered, embarrassed after the kiss. “Are you on your lunch break now?”

 

“Yes! Let’s go!”

 

As Jeonghan practically pushed Joshua out the door in his excitement, he made sure to turn around and give the middle finger to Mingyu who was making fun of him by making kissing sounds in the back of the salon.

 

The two walked together to a small strip of restaurants two blocks away. Joshua happily pointed out the Vietnamese restaurant as a potential lunch candidate, but Jeonghan shook his head embarrassingly.

 

“The food is delicious, but I have friend who work there. He’s very loud.”

 

“How about you introduce me one day?” Joshua asked. “Not today, but someday. Today is for our date.”

 

“Okay, deal!” Jeonghan said giddily.

 

Several minutes later, the found themselves seated at the small sandwich joint a couple stores down from the Vietnamese restaurant, talking and laughing as they ate their lunch together. Jeonghan was seated with his back to the front window, the afternoon sun shining through making the older look like an actual angel. Joshua could spend his whole day just looking at Jeonghan smile and laugh illuminated by the golden sun.

 

While Joshua was lost in his own little world of staring at his date, he suddenly took notice of two familiar-looking people that were lingering outside of the sandwich shop.

 

Vernon and Chan.

 

Joshua immediately snapped out his daze and ducked his head. Jeonghan stopped mid-conversation at Joshua’s weird action.

 

“The sun is too bright? Your eyes?” he asks.

 

“Ah...y-yes, just give me a second,” Joshua nervously replied while still looking down at his food. After giving it a good minute, he cautiously looked back up. Thankfully, Vernon and Chan were nowhere to be seen. If Jeonghan could see the relief in Jo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter