Payback

Return

Hear me out. Stay away from here.

 

A small voice warns towards the couple currently approaching the small cabin in the forest, driving a luxury blue compact SUV, 2016 Porche Macan belonging to the taller.

A weird shiver suddenly ran through Baekhyun's spine, automatically his small, frail hands comes up to hug his body.

I feel weird, he said.

Everyone gets a little weird in a new place, Baek. You'll love it, the taller promises as he parks the vehicle.

 

Get out. I'm warning you.

 

The couple steps off, taking in deep breaths of the unpolluted air, different from the air of the hustling of the city.

Come on, it's getting dark. I'll show you around tomorrow, he speaks up.

Nodding slowly as he follows the taller, Baekhyun still can't brush off the weird feeling from earlier.

 

What are you doing. Hurry.

 

As the couple steps in, the smaller took note of the surrounding of the interior of the cabin. Homey. Warm. Dark.

I'll run the water for you, you can clean up first, the man says.

Or we can just go together. Saves time. and water, the smaller says.

Grinning, both of them steps into the shower, giggling softly as they clean up together.

And still, Baekhyun felt the presence.

 

You're a stubborn one. i'm telling you. Go.

 

They're in bed, under the warmth of the blankets in pitch black. Baekhyun traces his slender fingers over the other's defined jaw.

Have you brought anyone else here, before me, he asks.

Just once, the other says. My ex-boyfriend.

Oh. Are you guys still friends, i'd like to meet the guy who let you go, Baekhyun teases.

No, he said. I haven't heard of him for a long time now.

 

Lies, lies. 

 

 

The clock strikes one. Baekhyun awakens, as if in shock.

Looking at his surrounding, he feels it again.

The feeling of being stared at.

Hey, wake up, he shakes the talller who was snoring lightly.

Being a light sleeper, he wakes  up immediately, fluttering his eyes open to the sight of his beloved.

What, its..One in the morning, the sleepy guy mutter softly into the pillows.

I feel weird, like I'm being stared at, Baekhyun says.

It's probably the lizard.. or the owl.. Go to sleep.

 

Yes, label me as whatever you want.

 

Strike two. He feels it again.

Sitting up, Baekhyun looks around again, feeling himself shiver, although it is not cold at all.

Shaking the beloved nest to him, he tries again. Se-

Sleep, Baek. He says as the smaller is pulled down into his chest.

 

How sweet.

 

Srike three. Bloodshot pair of eyes opens itself. He feels the presence nearing.

Sitting up, Baekhyun let out a soft squeak past his lips. 

There in the corner of the pitch black room, stood a figure.

Beautiful, he thought. Muscular biuld, tan skin with black hair, soft brown eyes and plump.. purple lips?

A bright light enters his vision. A familiar figure is shouting. Screaming. At the man with the black hair. 

Then they started throwing punches. Stuffs being hailed across the room.

When his beloved suddenly smashes the table lamp to the man's head.

The man remains unmoving.

Blood.

Blood seeps out of the man.

 

Then there was a blur, he sees his beloved dragging the man to the back of the cabin, dumping the figure into the raging fire.

 

The crickets chirp from a distance. The clock strikes nine.

And Baekhyun was still shaking.

Just a dream, he reminds himself.

As the couple sat at the table sipping their morning coffee, he feels the presence again.

And there he is, the black-haired figure, standing on the other side of the room.

Sehun, how's your ex-boyfriend looks like, he asks.

A light chuckle, and a small smile, the other anwers.

He's good looking. As tall as me, slightly darker skin and plump lips. No worries though, your's are prettier to devour.

Baekhyun shivers. The figure starts walking towards them.

Ignoring the taller's shouts, he took the keys to the SUV, and drove away from the cabin.

 

Payback.

 

It was two days later, sirens wailed through the woods.

It's horrible how he died, they said.

The were claw marks all over the body, later on burned till the fire reaches his bones. 

Weirdly, there were a different set of bones near the body.

And it belonged to the lost Kim Jongin.