Final

Fading

Jimin's brain was flying into overdrive. His heart was spiraling out of control. He felt like he was strapped down to railroad tracks, staring in utter horror and realization that he was going to be killed by the oncoming train. But he couldn't move. He couldn't do anything. He could only helplessly watch as more of himself became lost within the boundaries of sanity.

What are one's last thoughts before death?

What is the thing that clicks in them, to make them want to end life?

Pain.

He was so so close to the edge. To the breaking point.

"Jungkook, don't you dare."

He was so close.

The younger rocked back on his heels, peering behind him and down onto the street, "It's such a long way down. There's no way you would survive if you fell from here, you know?"

Jimin knew.

The wind whipped through their clothes due to the high altitude, the noise of the busy city echoing below them. Everything was happening too fast.

This couldn't be happening.

But it was and Jimin was nearly paralyzed in fear.

"Why?" Jimin's voice was sharp, his palms beginning to sweat.

Jungkook tilted his head to the side, having the nerve to smile, "Because, hyung. No one needs me. Certaintly not you, right?"

Jimin's heart constricted at the words, "Of course I need you, idiot!"

Jungkook tsk'ed, not even phased by Jimin's words, "Sure, sure. Everyone says things like that when someone's....well... practically already gone."

"Jungkook, please." the older managed to choke out through overwhelming tears.

"Why do you want to cry now? When it's already too late?" Jungkook's eyes narrowed, Jimin's tears only seeming to anger him.

Jimin's knees felt weak, he felt like he was going to collapse right then, "It's not too late..."

"Yes it is!" the younger snapped, taking another step back and effectively causing Jimin to take a step foreward.

"Haven't I been enough for you?"

The silence that stretched between them was agonizing. Deafening.

"The countless times I've been there for you? At 4 AM? When the rest of the world was dead, everyone except for me? The nights I only got 2 hours of sleep, all for you? All the times I sat down and listened to you for hours on end? I've been here through everything!"

The older's words seemed to hit a nerve, to revive something within Jungkook. He nearly froze, staring at Jimin with such intesity, the other believed he had talked some sense into him.

Jungkook's eyes softened, lip beginning to tremble slightly, "I'm doing this for those reasons. I don't want to bother you anymore..."

He spared a glance below him once again before meeting Jimin's eyes.

"I don't want to bother anyone anymore. That's all I am. A bother. I'm sick of having you put up with me. I'm sorry, Jimin."

"Don't say sorry! I don't put up with you, you're my best friend! I'm with you until the end! You're not a bother, you're special! So many people love you! You can't throw yourself away like this!" Jimin tried once again, eyes darting to the edge where Jungkook's heels were barely touching.

"Stop, you're not going to change my mind. Jimin, it's too late." Jungkook clenched his fists tightly, shaking his head.

Jimin refused to give up, he wouldn't, "No it's not!"

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't!"

"Because I love you and I can't live without you! I love you so much..." His sobs weren't helping, he knew. But everything was too much, this was all too much.

"If that's true, then jump with me."

Mortified in absolute confusion, the older watched as Jungkook outstretched his arms and began to lean back. Time slowed as Jimin broke as fast as he could towards Jungkook. He couldn't reach him in time, he was too far away. The bottom of Jungkook's worn down converses were just slipping off the concrete of the ledge of the building as the bottom of Jimin's connected solidly, arms outstreched in pure desperation. Jimin's fingertip brushed against Jungkook's ever so slightly as the younger was already on his way to his decent to absolute death.

Jump with me.

And Jimin did.