If It's Love

If You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As Naeun walked up the steps of her veranda, she halted at the last step when she heard a familiar voice calling out her name.

"Son Naeun." The tone of that voice sent shivers down her spine. This wasn't going to end nicely, she could feel it in her bones. Taking in a deep breath, she turned around to face the owner of the voice.

"You've been avoiding me. Why?" Eunji asked.

"Are you seriously asking me that question?" Naeun scoffed. She crossed her arms in discontentment.

Now, this was really pissing Eunji off. Her blood was boiling. She had been putting up with Naeun's frequent silent treatments towards her everytime she did something wrong. It could be something as trivial as her smiling to some random chick or dude on the streets, and Naeun would accuse her of flirting with strangers. Initially, Eunji found it endearing, cute even, that Son Naeun, the otherwise emotionless school goddess, was expressing her jealousy. A little bit of jealousy in a relationship wouldn't hurt much, would it? It showed how much Naeun really loved Eunji. However, Eunji soon noticed that her girlfriend's jealous and possessive attitude was getting out of hand. That attitude of hers was often the root cause of every single argument they had had. It made Eunji feel suffocated, as much as she refused to admit it, as she felt guilty for feeling that way towards her girlfriend. But Son Naeun... that girl wanted all of Eunji's attention, yet she wouldn't even do the same for Eunji. 

"So which girl are you going to associate  me with, now?" Eunji seethed, holding in her anger as she clenched her fists tightly.

"Some that you were shamelessly flirting with outside the school gate. I saw you hugging her and giving her that stupid eye smile of yours. And, did you even realise how dangerously close Hayoung was to you during lunch? But of course, you didn't. I mean, you're the great, almighty Jung Eunji who is practically nice to everyone, aren't you? You treat me the same way you treat everyone else so you don't even see the difference."

Unbelievable was the first word that came to Eunji's mind upon hearing Naeun's baseless accusations directed at her. She inhaled, then exhaled slowly, hoping that her anger would gradually subside so she could come up with a rational and collected response, instead of an emotionally charged one.

"Firstly, that lady whom you called a is my cousin," Eunji calmly stated. "Secondly, Hayoung is like a little sister to me. I thought you would know better than to get all angry and jealous, since you see her as our dongsaeng as well. Lastly, I've never, ever treated you the same way I treat everybody else. You're special to me. Even if I'm nice to everyone, I've always paid more attention to you, more so than I do to anyone else."

Naeun kept mum. For that few seconds, no one uttered a single thing. When the silence ensued, Eunji decided to take a step closer towards Naeun. She cradled Naeun's face, and Naeun could feel heat rising up to her cheeks. As Eunji gave her a peck on her forehead, Naeun let out an inaudible sigh. Forehead kisses by Eunji were always so comforting. Yet, when she noticed the pained expression on Eunji's face, Naeun wasn't so sure if that kiss was meant to be comforting anymore.

Eunji took a take step back and exhaled sharply. She struggled to swallow the dry lump in . "I've thought about this for awhile. I'm tired, Naeun. Being in this relationship is exhausting. I do love you, trust me, I love you so much. But I'm sick of getting constantly accused of flirting or cheating on you when I didn't even commit such acts in the first place. The key to a long lasting relationship is mutual trust, and clearly, in this relationship, I seem to be the only one who has complete trust in you, whereas you can't even give me that tiny bit of trust."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter