End

Hopelessly Devoted

Several of their friends were scattered around them-- Jonghyun on their side organizing his things so he would know the classification of his stuff in his cabinet, Onew secretly smoking and hiding from Jonghyun, who refuses to allow him to do so, sitting on the chair inside the transition bathroom with a sliding door the only barricade viewing his room, and Key who's on the bed facing the television, watching his favorite cooking channel.

But Taemin and Minho didn't care.

They never do.

If it means spending the time with each other, they pay no heed to whatever or whoever is with them. They're enjoying each other's company; why would they ruin it just because of what the people around them would say?

It was just another day for them but something felt unusually off. Taemin didn't know what was it, but he shrugged it off.

Everyone was doing their thing, and Minho and Taemin did theirs.

Both of them were sprawled out on the cold, marble floor, side by side, lost in each other's eyes.

They behaved like how couples do-- they laughed at each other's jokes, they threw out smiles that made the other fall much more in love with the other.

It was like they were lost in a reverie.

A reverie where only the two of them are living in it.

Taemin had longed for Minho for a long time, and when he finally got what he needed, he just felt like nothing could ever get him out of love.

Everyone, even the most oblivious person, could see the spark in their eyes on how much they've waited for each other.

Their body language when the two of them are together isn't needed for everyone to know that there's a strong rope binding them together.

Taemin turned to his side, his head leaning on his right hand while his arm was propped on the floor , and Minho followed suit. Taemin feigned somnolence, placing his head and arm below Minho's head and closed his eyes.

He felt Minho playing with his hair and stopping after a minute. Taemin looked up, meeting Minho's eyes and gentle smile that always assures him that Minho does love him. Taemin returned the smile, and wrapped his arms around Minho, tucking his head on Minho's neck. Taemin always tells Minho that he gets intoxicated with his smell everytime he cuddles with his tall lover, and this makes Minho laugh. The laugh the only thing Taemin wants to hear whenever he comes home from a bad day. He doesn't need anything expensive nor grand actually to make him come back to his natural self-- he just needs Minho.

They were hidden in each other's arms when Onew decided to sneak out but he was unable to do so with his cigarette still unfinished. He hid it on his side but Jonghyun took notice and scolded again at Onew on how he shouldn't smoke and how it's dangerous for your health, which annoyed Onew and almost shoved the cigarette down Jonghyun's mouth but he quickly withdrew his hand and started laughing . Just as Jonghyun got even madder because Onew wasn't taking him seriously, he stopped arguing and went to the bed, sitting next to Key.

After a while, Minho's back started to ache and eventually stood up from the floor. He told Taemin to transfer on the other side of the room where the foldable cushion is, but Taemin didn't want to. Not that he didn't want to be with Minho. He just didn't want Key to nag at them for displaying too much affection.

Minho pleaded. Of course, Taemin gave in.

When they got there, they went back to their original position. Minho's chin on top of Taemin's head, and Taemin thought being placed like this everyday would cure him from his broken past.

"Wake me up when you leave okay?"

Taemin whispered and Minho nodded before they fell asleep.

A few hours later, Taemin woke up. He tried to find Minho's scent, but it wasn't there. He opened his eyes and much to his dismay, Minho wasn't there.

Minho didn't wake him up.

Minho never did.

Because he just realized it was all just a dream.

A dream where all of the things he imagined them to do wouldn't ever happen now that Minho has left him hanging all over again.

Taemin slept again for a few hours with hopes of knowing the continuation to his dream, but it didn't come.

It was hopeless from the beginning, actually. What was between them a year ago. It had always been a summer fling. Minho was always the one who disappears. And Taemin was always the one waiting for him to come springing back to him. It was apparent that he was and is still hopelessly devoted to his first love.

Every summer was like that since 2012 because they always had summer camp for kids, and he thought it would last. But after they turned 16, they stopped going. The communication between them started to fade. And this year, it entirely stopped.

It dawned on Taemin that what they had wasn't meant to last.

It was just meant to make him feel special for a few months every of the year they've been together.

And now he also realized that it is meant to scar him for life because he knows that even though Minho left him every time the blonde boy's beginning to feel infinite, Taemin can never unlove him.