Level 1.

The Scouts

“What an idiot.”

“Why are you even here?”

“Go back to your country.”

“Why don’t you speak correctly, the Korean half of you should’ve taught you better.”

“You’re a disgrace to the race, just go ahead and kill yourself.”

She feels the words sting against her body like the hits they’d given her everyday, sending her home with cuts and bruises every evening. This time they decided to throw eggs and flour on her head in the hallway before class, causing a commotion and bringing all the kids out of their respective classrooms to watch the daily spectacle. She whimpers as something hot and wet makes its way into her eye, stinging her and making her blind. “That’s what you get for having devil eyes,” a girl sneers, her cackle echoing through the hall. She feels nails dig into her skin and scratches appear on her arms, blood sprouting from the cuts and dripping onto her clothes. “Happy birthday, you piece of .” They all laugh at the boy’s remark.

Their laughs made her chest hurt when she suddenly feels them tugging at her clothes, a ripping sound bringing her back to life, even for a moment.

“I heard Americans like having .”

“And they never refuse it.” A boy says, his hot breath near her face made her want to throw up. They started laughing as they rip and shred her clothes even more.

“Please…” she whines, “leave me alone.” She pleads but one of them punches her in the face, making her head loll back. They snicker some more, the cold air hitting her whole body and making her shiver.

“Hey, what do you think you’re doing?” a disembodied voice yells from down the hall. She attempts to open her eyes but is kicked in the neck, blood making its way out of as she coughs. “Yah! Stop it if you know what’s good for you.” The same voice yells, a lot closer now.

“Or what, pretty boy. Are you going to throw glitter on me?” A boy teases. The other voice makes a low growling sound before she hears a snap and a thud on the ground.

“What the , man! It was a joke!” The same voice says, his voice sounding garbled and nasally.

“Don’t joke about this, it isn’t funny.” She peeks through her eyes and sees a large figure to the side facing her aggressors. One of the other boys on the side approaches him, about to clock him in the head when the boy blocks his hit and elbows him in the face, breaking one of his teeth and making blood spray down his nose. The boy yells as he covers his nose, the one defending her chuckling, “Anybody else?” The girls that were bothering her scamper away along with the other boys, their arms slung across their backs.

The girl on the floor smiles to herself, finally finding the will to close her eyes and rest. It’ll be better this way. She starts to feel herself float, their laughter subsiding in her head, when she feels warmth envelop her. She moves towards it and realizes she’s being carried, her fatigue making her feel light as air. She directs herself to the warmth, hoping it can answer her as she opens , a gust of air escaping it as she questions, “Am I dead?”

“No.” the disembodied voice from before responds, his husky voice going with his boorish tone. “Not yet anyway.” She moves closer to the voice and feels his heart beating. “Who are you?”

“You don’t have to know that.”

“Why’d you help me? No one ever helps-”

“I’m sick and tired of seeing you get beaten up everyday. I wanted to help.” He feels his chest moisten up and looks down to see her shivering and sobbing silently.

“T-thank you.” She whimpers. He readjusts her in his arms and smiles despite himself.

“No problem. I’ll be walking you home from now on.”

“That’s fine, you don’t have to do that.” He places her down on a cot, in the nurse’s office she thinks, her legs touching something soft. She hears running water and then silence besides the occasional water dripping. After a minute she hears the sink turn off.

“Can you open your eyes?” he asks as he wipes the eggs and flour from her cheeks and forehead. She shakes her head, “I don’t want to.” He mumbles something as he wrings the towel and submerges it in warm water again. He places it to her cheek and leaves it there, sighing to himself.

“What’s wrong?” She asks, reaching over to him blindly, laying her hands on his.

“It just bothers me how you can’t stand up for yourself.” He makes a clicking noise with his tongue and looks away. She takes the towel from him and finishes cleaning her face. “It’s fine. At least I don’t bother you as a whole.”

“That’s not it!”

“Don’t worry about it,” she interrupts as she covers her eyes with the towel, “even if I do want to see your face, I don’t want to burden you with looking into my eyes. “ He snatches the towel from her. “Stop talking like that! I don’t care what color they are, I just want to make sure you’re ok!” He places his hands on her cheeks, “Look at me goddammit!” She puts her hands on top of his and lowers them into her lap, closing them around his. She opens her eyes slowly, a look of shock filling the light-haired boy’s face as he stares at her.

“Woah, they’re-”

"Horrible, I know.”

“No! Shut up! Your eyes are beautiful!” He whines, squeezing her hands. She giggles.

“You’re too nice.” She looks away smiling to herself. He looks at her with a loving stare, even though he hasn’t known her for long. He sheds his jacket and wraps it around her, earning a confused look from her, “Why?”

“You’ll get cold.” He stands up and looks at the door, “I have to get going but I’ll wait for you at the gate.” He makes his way to the door and opens it.

“Wait!” she yells, picking herself up from the cot and running to him, almost tripping. He catches her and she falls onto his chest, “You won’t leave me, right?” her eyes shine as tears threaten to come out. He pats her hair and smiles at her, “That’ll never happen.” He kisses her forehead and walks her back to the cot. “You can wait for me here,” he holds her hands and squeezes them, looking into her eyes and making sure she understands that she’ll be okay from now on. “I’ll be back before you know it.”

 

{~}

 

“Are you ready?” he asks, holding his hand out for her to take as she crosses the school date, the multitude of whispers around her making her nervous and giving her a headache. She looks around and then leans closer to him, “Aren’t you afraid of being seen with me?”

He groans, rolling his eyes and taking her hand, dragging her after him, “Of course not! You should be ashamed to be seen with me.”

 

 


So each chapter will include a different scout (different bangtan member) each one "saving" a girl from trouble (the most cliché thing i could come up with) but each girl is a differnt one and some might end up having names because the fic got too long and the plot asked for it. This one is open to your own imagination since i never wrote his name but i didn't base the whole character on him, just loosley use his personality. (´◠ω◠`) hope you enjoy. (if you can guess who it is I might congratulate you lolol, for what its worth)