Choices

School 2015 - RESET
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 6:

A subtle shade of pink on her lips, she doesn’t need much. The clock is telling her to hurry up anyway. Only fifteen minutes left before their school bell rings so she quickly picked up a branded bag that she and her dad bought yesterday. She passes by her vanity mirror for the last time, only to stop upon seeing her reflection. Her finger traces that ugly mark on her left cheek before tapping on her lips. Should she have just gone with red instead?

“Your mom wants to talk to you”

“Tell her I’m late”

In life, we are all entitled to our own choices.

“She’s been waiting for you since yesterday.”

Even though other people may tell us what’s best for us and what we really need. In the end it’s what we want that really matters.

“She said she needs to ask you something really important. So please—“

“Isn’t everything she said important in this house?”

“Your mom is in a bad mood so—“

“Oh I see. She has to vent it out on someone right?”

“N-no. It’s not like—“

“You want me to go up there and get yelled at?”

But sometimes, our choices never consist of what we want. So we ended up choosing the closest possible option.

“I know what she will ask me so just tell her that it’s a yes.”

The second best…

“And oh…tell her she doesn’t need to worry because I can take care of it.”

“But young miss —“

When it’s you that’s part of those options and you know you were only chosen because there’s no other choice. Would you go and brag it to anyone you meet?

“Ahjumma! Why is she not coming up yet?”

You know you’re unwanted but you have what others can only dream of.

“I’m begging you, young miss”

Even though you know that you just took someone else’s place?

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

“Yah! Wait for me Eunbi”

Eunbi made an abrupt halt before turning to look at her sister. It seems like she’s really taking her time as she walked slowly.

“Unnie” she whined as she runs back to her “We’re going to be late”

The other students we’re already running as it’s only a few minutes left before the start of the first period. But she and her sister were still not even at the gate.

“Who told you to wake up that late anyway?”

Her sister scoffed at her making Eunbi pout. She linked arms with Eunbyul as she had no choice but to match her steps with her. She had a point anyway. If only she had woken up early they don’t have to rush now.

“I didn’t know mom wants to watch a lot of movies “she yawned but then smiled again remembering how their mom seemed so happy watching all the DVD’s they bought“Is it three movies that we watched?”

Her sister clicked her tongue as she crosses her arms. And Eunbi just scoots closer to her sister and smiled.

“But unnie. You should have just left me and go to school early.”

“Why would I do that?”She felt her sister ruffles her hair “From now on I’ll always walk with you to school Eunbi”

She looked up again at her sister only to see her looking at somewhere else now. Eunbyul stopped walking and Eunbi saw as her sister’s face stiffen. Curious, she looked at where her sister is looking too.

“Oh Gong—“

Her sister pulled her hand even before Eunbi can call his name. Her eyes looked at her again as she nodded at the gate.

“You can still catch up. Hurry up inside Eunbi”

“Unnie wae?”

Eunbyul unlinked their arms and with a slight push she told her to go first.

“Hurry before the bell rings Eunbi”

“But what about—“

Eunbyul throw her a serious look and Eunbi know that instant that she can’t argue with her anymore. She made one last lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter