Let Love Lead The Way

Let's Go Back To The Start

 

It had been two years since it had ended, two years they had been apart. Neither wanted it to end yet they knew deep inside they were struggling to keep their marriage floating fine. They didn't end their marriage in a bitter way, they put down that they had just grown apart, Jonghyun was mainly away for business and Key was busy spending his days preparing others weddings.

They just didn't have time for one another, their work was driving them apart and they couldn't pretend everything was perfect between them any more. They both cried, trying to fight for the little scraps of their marriage but it wasn't working. It broke Jonghyun's heart more then Key truly realised, it pained him to sign those papers, he felt his heart crack and crumble in to a heap of dust. Key took a while to sign his name, but in the end both did and they were single men once again.

As Key left to move in with his grandma, Jonghyun sat in their fairly empty apartment, sobbing his heart out, screaming for Key to return. They didn't see each otheafter the day they signed away their marriage, Jonghyun had never felt so lonely and lost in all his life. Key was his childhood sweetheart, the only person he truly loved and still loved to pieces.

His heart ached for his feline lover to return but it seemed like a reality that would never happen. The puppy like man stopped going to work, refusing to answer his phone, ignoring text messages and people knocking at the door. He drunk bottles of vodka just to forget even if it was just for a few hours, it was something to numb the pain of his broken heart.

The older would cry his heart out as he would look through their photo albums, missing that beautiful smile, the loud, obnoxious laugh and the sweetest giggles. Key also struggled with being apart from Jonghyun, he felt so empty, trying to help others prepare for their big days felt like a poison arrow to his heart. Five months after leaving Jonghun, he packed in his job and got away for a break to clear his head.  

Both hated how their bed's felt cold at night, they hated how there was no one beside them, no cuddles, kisses or cheesy sweet words. During the two years Jonghyun never dated, he still missed Kibum, his heart ached for the younger's return. Jonghyun even got the younger man's name tattooed down his arm in big, bold black letting, a sweet little red heart either end of the younger's name.

The older left his well paid, high end job, spending nearly eight months locked in the apartment with the curtains closed. He finally got his act together and got a job at the local bakery, it wasn't the best job but it paid him enough to live. Key arrived back in Seoul eight months after getting away, he felt a little better but deep inside he still ached for Jonghyun.

Key got a job working at the local day care centre, he mainly dealt with the younger children. He loved to take them to the park and help them bake things in the kitchen if the weather was bad. It made him think what life would have been like if he and Jonghyun had children. Key had tried dating while moving back down to Deagu but he couldn't do it, only having one date with someone, it felt so wrong and awkward.

Key could only think back to when Jonghyun took him out on their first date and the idiot fell into the pound in the park. It was a lovely, summers day, the birds were singing and children playing out side. The bakery was busy with many mums buying cakes and cookies for their children, the older was rushed of his feet trying to serve as many people as he possibly could.

Jonghyun had changed over the two years, those long drawn out years taught him just how much he loved Key and how much he missed him. His eyes were always emotionless, like he was basically dead behind his large puppy eyes. Like his life had been away and soul stolen and destroyed to a thousand pieces. The puppy like man put on a mask while working but most of the customers could tell that smile was fake.

Jonghyun had also lost a lot of weight, he was basically a walking skeleton now, just skin and bones. Key lost the sparkle from his feline eyes, life felt dull, he hadn't laughed for two years. Being apart from Jonghyun for so long taught him just how much he needed the older man, he craved to be held in those arms again, craved to be kissed, cuddled and loved by Jonghyun.

Key acted like he was fine in front of the children, smiling and loving how they got excited over little things. Key had decided to take Kim Jieun out for a walk to the park, she had been such a good girl, listening well to Key's orders and sticking close to the feline boy. He decided to treat her to a sweet treat making Jieun happily squeal with excitement.

The little girl was nearly two and a half years old now, her little black curls were tied in a cute pony tail, she had one a cute baby pink and white summer dress with a white top underneath. Her eyes reminded Key of Jonghyun's puppy eyes and it broke his heart as he missed those usually loving large puppy eyes. Jieun held on to Key's hand tightly, there was one place that sold the nicest, sweetest cherry and vanilla cup cakes with some whipped cream and little rainbow coloured sprinkles on top.

It wasn't that far from the park, just a small five minute walk, it was past lunch time to it didn't look as busy as it sometimes did, Key had been meaning to try this place for a while but never got round to it. Opening the door, Jieun ran in with Key following, heart stopping and eyes widening at Jieun's words.

"Uncle Jjong" Jieun screamed out happily, her black hair bouncing as she ran as fast as she could. She ran in to the arms of the man that bent down to grab her as she stumbled over her little feet, her tiny hands wrapping around the man's neck as she placed a sloppy kiss to his cheek.

Jonghyun had been cleaning the tables, and placing menus out as they started to make desserts from lunch time onwards. Jieun was his Nice, his sister gave birth to her four months before he got divorced, the little girl was his world and recently she had started to sleep over with him. He loved the company and helped take his mind of Key although he always wished the younger was there, they would have been such a great family.

Jonghyun looked up to see who Jieun had come with, gasping and eyes widening at the sight of the man he had been craving to see for two years. Neither said a word for a few moments, too speechless to see each other, it was like fate had brought them back together to finally meet again. Key blinked, he didn't recognize Jonghyun for a second, the older looked so skinny, like he would crack and break if touched.

"Hey baby" Jonghyun said to his niece, kissing her cheek before locking eyes with the man he needed, and loved. Key noticed how Jonghyun's silver/white dyed hair had faded quite alot, his dark roots showing through quite badly now, the youngster's gaze travelled over his ex husbands body, eyes landing on the black mark on his left arm. Was that a tattoo?

"J..J...J..Jonghyun" Key stuttered out, he couldn't believe after two years he found Jonghyun again. It confused him as to why he was working in a bakery, it was such a down grade from what he used to do.

The feline boy felt his heart flutter at how cute Jonghyun was with Jieun, Key always knew Jonghyun would make an amazing daddy. After a moment Jonghyun put Jieun down and she ran back to Key, holding his hand tightly while smiling at her uncle. "K..Kibummie" Jonghyun whispered as he stepped forward, Key looked just as beautiful as the very first day he met the younger man many years ago.

They dated from fourteen years old and got married at the age of twenty, they were married for two and a half years before filing for divorce. Key noticed that the sparkle reappeared as those puppy eyes gazed into his own feline eyes. It felt like they were meeting again for the first time, they became awkward, neither knowing what to say or do.

"Y...Your looking well Bummie" Jonghyun whispered, mentally kicking him self as the cute nickname fell from his plump lips, Key wanted to cry at how the older said his name. Only Jonghyun was allowed to call him Bummie/Kibummie as he was the one to invent the adorable nicknames. His heart wanted to crack at the sight of how broken the older man looked, he remembered Jonghyun for being loud, bubbly and a loveable idiot.

Key wanted to say the same back but Jonghyun didn't look well, he was like a ghost, no life inside of him. "Y..you too Jjong" Key whispered and the older felt his heart jolt at the nickname. How he had missed the younger man's voice. Jonghyun coughed and took Key and Jieun to the best table in the place, he knew what Jieun wanted and he knew what his ex husbands favourite thing was, rushing off to prepare their order.

Key wasn't going to have anything, too stunned to have finally found Jonghyun again. He couldn't lie, his heart was beating faster at the sight of the older man, the two years apart had also taught him just how much he loved the puppy like man and how much he wanted him back again. Ten minutes later, the older man returned with a silver tray in hand.

"A cupcake for my Jieun and a chocolate brownie sundae for Bummie. Two strawberry milkshakes as well on the house" Jonghyun said and smiled sheepishly. Key was left utterly stunned again, Jonghyun remembered his favourite dessert, it was the same thing he had when they went on their very first date all them years ago.

Jieun squealed happily and swung her little legs back and forth thanking her uncle for her cupcake. "Thank you Jjong, why don't you join us" The feline boy whispered and smiled at Jonghyun. Key wanted to talk with the older man, he wanted to find out if he felt the same or if he had moved on to someone else. The puppy like man smiled for the first time in years and quickly discarded the tray, returning with a bottle of flavoured water.

He sat across from Key who hummed as he took a bite of the chocolate sundae. "H..how have you been Key" Jonghyun spoke first to break the awkward atmosphere between them, the younger looked up and gazed into those beautiful puppy eyes. Gosh he had missed them so much, he hated how sad the older looked, like he had no life inside him.

"Not bad, got a new job at the day care centre now. It's a lot better working there. How about you Jonghyun" Key spoke and prodded the food with his spoon. He felt his heart drop, he wanted to ask if the older had moved on but didn't have it in him to blurt it out. "I been surviving, I work here now. Gave up with the business. I never went back after that day" Jonghyun whispered softly and looked down, Key looked at the older confused and worried. Even before he could reply, Jonghyun added more.

"It was because of that job, I lost the best thing to ever happen to me. I was an idiot and hate my self for losing you " The older man said and Key noticed tears falling from those puppy eyes. The younger leaned over the table, ever so softly caressing the older man's sunken cheeks to wipe the tears away, the simple gesture had Jonghyun looking up into those feline eyes that sparkled, a warm smile on those bow shaped lips.

"I was stupid as well Jonghyun, it wasn't just your fault. Planning weddings helped drive us apart and I couldn't do it anymore. Y..you know these two years have taught me a lot Jjong. Made me realise just how lucky I was to have you" Key blurted out, his cheeks dusting a light pink but he didn't care.

For too long he had bottled up his feelings for Jonghyun and they were never going to go away. He never dated anyone even though he went on one date, it wasn't the same as being with Jonghyun. The older man was speechless, Key had missed him, but he imagined the younger moving on and finding someone so much better then him.

"I never stopped loving you Bummie" Jonghyun said while gazing into those feline eyes, he felt a little more confident to reveal his feelings for his ex husband still. He hoped Key would still feel as strongly as he did. They continued to talk about the past two years, Jieun and Key feeding Jonghyun pieces of cake and sundae every so often.

Jonghyun revealed how he recently brought a puppy Siberian husky and named her Ace and told Kibum that he still lived in the apartment they once shared. Jonghyun also revealed his tattoo to Key who was completely shocked at first, he couldn't believe Jonghyun actually got a real tattoo of his name. It covered most of his forearm from the wrist to the elbow, the more Key looked at it, the more he actually loved it.

The feline boy spent a while tracing over the black ink lightly, the touch sent jolts of electric though the older man's body. Key revealed that he actually lived just five minutes from their old home and admitted that he missed Jonghyun terribly over the years. Jonghyun ended up having to go back to work after spending his whole half hour break chatting with his ex husband.

Bringing Jieun a packet of cheese and onion crisps and Key a nice milky hot chocolate before heading to serve a few customers who had come in. Key noticed how much happier Jonghyun looked, he had that twinkle back in those puppy eyes and he was actually smiling, it was like some life had been restored and his soul had been partly mended. Key remained in the bakery shop with Jieun for a while longer, in fact he waited until Jonghyun had finished his shift at half past four.  Key stood up and held Jieun in his arms, waiting for Jonghyun so he could speak to the older again.

"You haven't been eating have you Jjong" Key said when the older reappeared from the back with his jacket and bag in hand. The older was frozen for a moment before nodding his head and looking down at the floor.

Key sighed softly, he hated how skinny Jonghyun had become, the older man looked so much better with some meat on them bones. The younger used one hand to lift up the older man's chin and make Jonghyun look at him in the eyes. "Why don't you come round for some dinner Jjong, you could do with a good meal inside you" Key asked and smiled, hoping Jonghyun would take his offer.

The puppy like man didn't know whether to cry or scream from happiness, nodding his head at Key's offer, he was craving to have a nice hot dinner cooked by Key. It had been so long since he had eaten anything properly, the smile on the puppy man's plump lips made Key beam happily, dimples on show that made Jonghyun want to melt in to a puddle.

Key gave Jonghyun the address, telling him to be there for half past seven before bidding goodbye and taking Jieun back to the centre where Jonghyun's sister (Jieun's Mum) would be waiting to take her home. It felt too real to be true for Jonghyun, he actually felt alive, he felt bubbly and giddy like he was going on a date with his Kibummie again.

He dressed in his best black suit and made sure he looked his best for the younger man. He hoped that maybe there was still something between them and they could start again. Jonghyun arrived a littler earlier then planned and brought his ex husband's favourite bottle of wine with him, the younger spend five minutes checking Jonghyun out at the door. He had forgotten just how handsome and gorgeous the older man was especially dressed up in a suit and wearing a tie.

The dinner went better then expected, Key had cooked a beef stew knowing it was Jonghyun's ultimate favourite dinner. The spoke about past times when they were dating, the laughs they had and the fun memories they created. They teased each other and spoke a little about what they did since the day they divorced, both broke down in tears as they revealed how much they struggled to move on.

Key felt so guilty when he heard that Jonghyun started to drink vodka and locked him self away for eight months, that was enough for the younger to throw his arms around Jonghyun and hug him tightly. Jonghyun kept whispered about how sorry he was for ruining their marriage, he was sorry that work kept him away and how much regretted not spending enough time with his husband. They ended up cuddled on the sofa while a romantic movie played on the television. Neither were watching it, too busy gazing at one another.

"Hey Bummie, let's go back to the start" Jonghyun suddenly said softly while gazing at Key. The younger man was resting his head in the puppy man's lap, loving how those finger's combed through his fluffy black hair. Key sat up upon hearing the older man's words, he looked confused as to what Jonghyun meant.

The feline boy stared into those puppy eyes, it was like they were having a silent conversation, the younger soon realising what Jonghyun meant. He want them to go back to the start and just start again with their relationship. Key smiled and leaned in, placing a soft, tender kiss against those plump lips that he had missed so much.

The kiss was the seal of approval and the start of them rebuilding their relationship, things were a lot different to the past and in many ways so much better then the past. They both had more sensible jobs and they certainly would have a lot more time for each other. That night Jonghyun and Key restarted their relationship with a bang, making love for the first time in years and they carried on making love until the sun had already risen and the birds were singing the next day.

"I love you Kibum, so much baby" Jonghyun whispered to his tired lover before falling asleep, heart skipping a beat as he heard his lover reply. " I love you too Jonghyun, more they you realise" Key muttered out tiredly before snuggling up to the older's chest and falling in to a deep, peaceful sleep.

That day, they ended up having the best nights sleep they have had in a while. Two years later and Key had moved back in with Jonghyun and they both had their golden bands back around their fingers again, they got married on the anniversary of the day they reunited. This time around their marriage was for a life time and neither had any plans to ever let the other go again.

Those two years apart taught them just how much they needed each other and how much they loved each other. The day they got married, Jieun was the one to give them their rings and she had become a resident visitor at weekends in their apartment. Some things were truly worth fighting for and with fate on their sides, they were going to make sure nothing gets in the way this time round. The both smiled as they watched the sun set over the hills from their balcony, Key sat in Jonghyun's lap, finger's intertwined.

"Happy anniversary baby, I love you" Jonghyun said softly as he pecked his lovers cheek. Key smiled and kissed Jonghyun on the lips "Happy anniversary Jjong,I love you too my adorable idiot" Key giggled and squealed when the older tickled him. Neither had felt so happy and alive, they should have never spilt or been apart, life without the other isn't worth living for. They were perfect for each other, they were made to be for one other for eternity.


A/N Hello lovelies ^^

Thank you to the 45 subscribers already :3

I hope you all enjoy this fic <3

I apologize for posting late (I was watching a ghost hunting show XD)

Also would anyone be intreseted in a Jongkey Ghost hunting fic (Possibly chaptered?) Please vote in the poll if possible :3

Comment Subscribe and Enjoy lovelies ^^