My Hair

Bald

Jessica stirs in her sleep. Sunlight streams in through the blinds.

She stretched her limbs to shake off the sleep in her system. In the process of waking up, she feels an unfamiliar sensation from some pointy substance. She hurriedly lifts her head to look at the unidentified object. Soon as she catches sight of a significant amount of hair on her head, she bolts up. With around 20 strands of hair in her hand, she goes berserk.

A high-pitched, much akin to a dolphin’s sound, screeching was heard all throughout their unit. Fortunately, three of them were already awake. Upon hearing Jessica scream, the rest of them still in their beds further buried their head into their pillows in an attempt to save themselves. Five of them, save for one, who slowly rose from her bed and let out an evil cackling sound.

Jessica was still screaming. That is until, Taeyeon lifted a hand up.

“Oh my God! Oh my God! I’ve become bald.” Jessica hysterically said.

“You mean going bald?” Seohyun added unhelpfully.

“Jessica, last time I checked you still have a full head of hair on you.” Taeyeon nonchalantly responded.

“No. You don’t understand.” Jessica argued.

Jessica stretched out a handful of hair. Taeyeon looked at it disinterestedly. Seohyun momentarily spared it a glance and went back to reading the paper. Tiffany came in from the kitchen.

“Unnie. I think you’re mistaken.” Seohyun remarked.

“What mistake can I have from this?” She continued shaking the hair strands in front of their faces.

Tiffany sat down. “Jessica, would you please calm down?”

“Calm down. Calm down. How can you expect me to be calm?” Jessica was almost livid.

“Okay, let’s try to deal with this in the most efficient manner.” Tiffany tried the understanding approach.

“Where’d you find that?” Tiffany asked.

“Duh, on my bed.” Jessica said with a sardonic air. Seohyun occasionally glanced in their direction. This pretty much spelled disaster once Jessica knew the truth. She just let them figure it out.

“Okay, is this the first time this happened?” Tiffany again asked.

“Yes! Why do you think I’m freaking out, Tiffany?” Jessica didn’t know why she was attacking Tiffany.

Fortunately for Jessica, Tiffany remained level-headed. “Okay. Open your palm.” Jessica found it an odd request, nonetheless, she acquiesced.

Seohyun nervously turned to her paper. She looked pretty much absorbed in what she was reading.

Tiffany gulped audibly. This was gonna turn into a bad day for whoever did this.

Tiffany carefully handled the delicate situation. As much as she didn’t want to get involved, she didn’t want the perpetrator to get off the hook either. That person will come forward soon. “We’ll go to a specialist tomorrow.”

This did nothing to assuage Jessica’s fears as she continuously paced around the room.

Soon, Sunny, Hyoyeon, Yuri, Sooyoung and Yoona came out and joined them. One of them was looking chipper.

“Looks like someone’s not having a good morning.” Sooyoung piped up.

Tiffany hit her arm as soon as she sat down. She whispered to Sooyoung, “shut up, Jessica’s upset.”

Sooyoung pulled her battered arm away from Tiffany. “Stop being so violent.”

Taeyeon stood up. “Come on guys. Breakfast.”

All of them went to the dining area except Jessica who still kept pacing. Sunny came back.

“What’s up Jessi?”

Jessica showed her the hair she’d been holding in her hand.

Sunny looked at her quizzically.

“I’m going bald Sunny.” Jessica looked forlorn.

Sunny laughed. “Why are you laughing?” Jessica was hurt.

“Jessi, that’s not your hair.” Sunny laughed again.

After around ten seconds of staring into space, things finally clicked.

Jessica ran into the dining area to cross-reference the strands of hair.

It matched with Sooyoung’s. Jessica pinched her ear.

“Yah! Yah! What are you doing?” Sooyoung protested. She was taller than the girl, so she kept bending sideways because her ear was being pulled forcefully.

“Why did you do it you giant?” Jessica was mumbling.

“Do, do what?” Sooyoung seemed pretty clueless.

“Jessica stop it.” Tiffany told her.

“She fooled me Tiffany!” Jessica insisted.

“Quit it. She looks pretty lost.” Taeyeon added.

“I don’t think it’s her unnie.” Seohyun added.

“You know who it is Seohyun?” Jessica was boring holes into the young girl’s skull.

“Ya! Don’t attack the maknae.” Taeyeon put a hand in between Jessica’s and Seohyun’s faces.”

“Whoever did it should own up to it.” Sunny chimed in.

Yoona pinched Yuri on her sides causing the girl to stand up.

“Ya! It’s you!” Jessica was now pulling the poor girl’s ear.

“It wasn’t me. It wasn’t me.” Yuri kicked Yoona’s shin but Yoona was able to dodge it.

“It’s Im Yoona!” Hyoyeon smiled happily.

“Yah! You don’t have proof!” Yoona opposed.

“I am detective Hyoyeon.” Hyoyeon pulled out a hat out of thin air and wore it.

“The heck” Taeyeon exclaimed.

“And I have surmised that you are the one responsible. Judging from the filthy smile on your face the moment you walked out of the room, plus adding the fact you’re Sooyoung’s roommate, that’s opportunity.” Hyoyeon addressed the entire room smiling as she explained everything in what she hoped was a detective-like manner.

Hyoyeon didn’t need to go on. Yoona bolted from her chair as Jessica kept chase.

“All right. It’s time for breakfast guys.” Taeyeon said cheerfully.

“Tsk, that Im Yoona.” Sooyoung shook her head as Yuri clicked her tongue. Hyoyeon savored the sweet taste of success as the two girls still kept running around in the living room.

----

A/N: So, how did it go?