one

Reasons and Scars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If you see a '--------------' that means the scene is shifted it may be a flashblack or in the present time only shifting places

                                                        

Scroll.Tap.Dial. A petite figure holding her phone peered to the boring white wall while waiting for a responce. But to her dismay she only heard again the voice of an annoying operator. She had been doing this for almost two hours. It was about the 150th time she dialed that number. On the 100th time she felt giving up but being the stubborn girl she was, 'Not just yet I have to try more' she mentally cheered herself and continued dialing.

She bit her lip impatiently waiting. Her hands were cold and sweaty, she looked nervous though the chances of him picking up would be a little impossible. She does this everyday, consecutively. Not skipping a day, week, month and even years.

She couldn't give up yet. She couldn't just give up their love... because that's the thing she treasures the most.

A voice from the kitchen came calling for her "Yongwon-ah! Lunch is ready!". She heaved a sigh and place it on a table, crestfallen. She rushed heading to the kitchen. Not long she arrived to the dining room and found her mom placing plates, spoons, forks and other utensils. Her eyes wondered to a certain seat and fell in daze.

"Yongwon-ah? Are you alright?" her mom noticed that she was spacing out "Huh?..Oh yeah" She adruptly responded. But Chung Ae figured it out immediately, Yongwon's eyes didn't ably hide her true feelings. Her eyes showed dolor. It has been like this since five years ago, still Chung Ae couldn't help but to get worried.

Yongwon pulled the chair and sat. Later Chung Ae joined her. It was silent, only the friction of the spoons, forks and plates were audible. Chung Ae decided to break the silence "Still no answer?"  it took a few seconds before Yongwon replied "Not yet" slightly shooking her head. Chung Ae hemmed and hawed but was able to gain some courage to talk "Yongwon-ah.." Yongwon raised her lowering head and looked at her mom and gave her a questioning look "Yongwon-ah, its been five years," Yongwon averted her gaze and continued chewing her food. "Yongwon-ah.." Without warning, Yongwon dropped her spoon and fork startling Chung Ae for a moment "I'm done" Yongwon bluntly said and hastily stood up, making her way out of the din.

"Yongwon-ah.. can't you make up your mind and reset everything?" the sentence made her pause and slightly turned her head "No.." there was a long pause before she continued "I just.. can't" and quicly walked away.

Her feet brought her to a familiar place and made her desolated. Suddenly a film of memories played in her mind

-----------------------------------------------

Two figures ambled along

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter