Final

"Real"

 

Hey Hyukkie... Did you know that your thumb could get stuck in between your teeth if you on it for too long?” Sungmin told his younger companion.

What?! R-Really?” The innocent Hyukjae asked with a loud gasp and snatched his thumb out of his mouth before something so frightening could happen to him, because what if he never got it out?

They'd have to chop it off, Hyukjae thought, and the thought alone terrified him. He didn't want to be thumb-less...

Hyukjae was already 6 years old and still on his thumb, which was absolutely absurd to his best friend and closest relative, Lee Sungmin, who cared for little Hyukkie dearly. And so, according to Sungmin, there was nothing to telling a little white lie to get Hyukjae scared enough to stop that horrid habit, and no matter anyone says about it, that method always works.

Plus, what the hell else was he supposed to do? He was embarrassed walking around with a boy that age still on his thumb! And how was his teeth still straight, by the way?

Sungmin would love to know...

And ever since that one day, that became how Sungmin and many of their friends began telling little ol' Hyukkie all kinds of meaningless lies that got him believing that everything he heard was absolutely and one hundred percent, downright real.

 

Today was one of Hyukjae's favorite kinds of days in his life as a teenager. Presently, he was surrounded by a compact circle of his closest friends.

It included his favorite cousin, Sungmin, who was all nineteen (19) and old; Kim Heechul who was also a nineteen (19) year-old prune; Cho Kyuhyun, eighteen (18); Park Jimin, seventeen (17); Choi Siwon, sixteen (16) like Hyukjae; Jeon JungKook, the group's baby at fifteen (15); and last but not least...

Lee Donghae, also sixteen years old, and Hyukjae's one and only big time crush. If he were standing, he'd probably be falling all over the place just looking at him, it was that big.

Or sad, whichever was a more appropriate term.

Currently all of the boys were lounging around at the park reminiscing about their pasts and laughing heartily.

At Donghae.

Yah, you imbeciles, stop laughing at me!” Donghae yelled bitterly as his best friend Siwon relayed to everyone the incredible lie he had told the gullible boy before.

Siwon only continued laughing though, “Don't be mad, Donghae, it's just unbelievable and damn funny that you believed me when I told you that Santa Claus got fat because Mrs. Claus stuffed a basketball down his throat!” Siwon managed to say while cracking up.

But it's still not funny anymore!” Donghae exclaimed while whining. “I stopped believing you, anyway, because Mrs. Claus would never do something like that because then, she would be put on the naughty list.”

He finished this explanation very seriously...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!” And he received even louder cackles than before as a result. The group's guffawing could knock an elephant off its feet.

Damn, Donghae, that was funny as hell!” JungKook commented while laughing his off. “And, to top it all off, Siwon told you this last month and you just came up with your cracked out realization two days ago!” It was hard for the fifteen year old to even form a sentence while panting so hard. “This...” He finished, “This is just too much.”

Hyukjae on the other hand hadn't found it in himself to laugh at all, “Hey, stop laughing at Hae. You all know how innocent he is.” He scolded with narrowed eyes, glaring at all of the hyenas cackling meanly at his future—very near future—boyfriend.

Hopefully...

Don't glare at us just because your CRUSH is so easy to tease.” Kyuhyun said, smirking as the word 'crush' slipped through his quirked lips. Watching how Hyukjae's eyes grew into saucers and how his mouth dropped open like a gaping fish amused Kyuhyun to no end.

This torture, he mused, feels so good.

On his end, Hyukjae quickly looked up at Donghae to find him staring right back at him with a wondering gaze while looking oh so damn cute, mind you, to the other boy.

H-Hyukkie... Is that t-true?” Donghae asked, stuttering a bit.

Meanwhile, everybody else was literally looking back and forth between the two like they were watching some type of ping pong match. “Hell, today has just gotten sooo much more interesting thanks to our Kyu Kyu. Yah, Kookie! Go get the popcorn, Jimin you get the drinks.” HeeChul—it's always Kim Heechul, isn't it?—all but shouted in order, clapping his hands like a dumb seal.

What's getting interesting? What did we miss?” This voice belonged to Hoseok who'd overheard Heechul being Heechul. He approached the group of boys with two others about an hour late.

Jung Hoseok, sixteen (16); Lee Taemin, fourteen (14); and Choi Minho, Siwon's fifteen (15) year-old younger brother, all joined in on the conversation with immediate interest. Because of their late arrival they huddled in closely, wanting to know everything.

Well, it's nothing much, really. It's just that Kyu told Hae, nonchalant as ever, that Hyukkie was in love with him. That's all.” Sungmin summarized the day's events with the most innocent look ever while completely side-eyeing his nervous best friend. With a mischievous smirk now shadowing his face, Sungmin turned to him, “Go ahead, Hyuk, tell him. The cat's already out of the bag, anyways.”

Whoa, what cat? What bag? Where'd it go?!” Both Hyukjae and Donghae exclaimed in unison, causing the hyenas to start laughing their asses off once again without further ado.

Hyukjae was upset that he didn't see the cat, and Donghae was amazed that it could even fit inside a bag, not understanding how that was possible. But the group only needed to understand one important thing:

These boys were idiots, 'nuff said.

It's just a metaphor, you morons.” Heechul laughed and rolled his eyes before explaining further. “It means that Donghae already knows your secret, Hyukjae, and that all you have to do is tell him it's true.”

Donghae and Hyukjae pouted while looking down, most possibly at the most interesting pair of shoes they had ever seen in their entire lives—their own—and chorused a drawn out, “Ohhh,” again, in unison.

It took only a second though before Donghae was back to the situation at hand. This could possibly be the most important moment of his sixteen years. “Ya-Yah, Hyukjae, you still haven't answered my question yet...” Donghae stated, looking and sounding nervous, but excited as well.

Donghae had always liked Hyukjae... Ever since the day Hyukjae first smiled at him.

Yes, that's it. The sight of his gums was the cutest thing he had ever witnessed in his entire life and it left him stunned. He never let anyone know about it because, hell, it was none of their businesses! And also, he was afraid that one of his big mouthed friends would tell and Hyukjae would be disgusted and hate him.

But now, hearing that Hyukjae may feel the same way was like a breath of fresh air. But it was also immensely nerve wrecking.

Now all eyes were back on Hyukjae. With big smiles on their face's they were hoping that Hyukjae would just tell the overly nervous and clearly jittery fish.

But there he was, just standing there, and looking just as dumb as Hyukjae did on a daily basis. Except this time, he had this completely horrified expression stuck on his face like this was the end of him. Most certainly, the end.

, man, spit it out!” Hoseok screamed and then mumbled to himself, “Sheesh... I need to take a leak, I don't have time for this.” He was standing with his legs crossed, bouncing rapidly to hold it all in.

And with that, Hyukjae it up, literally inhaled a massive amount of air, and shouted, “GOODNESS, OKAY! OKAY, I LIKE DONGHAE—No wait, scratch that—I'M IN LOVE WITH DONGHAE, OKAY? SO, SHUT THE HELL UP AND LEAVE ME ALONE!!!”

Hyukjae admitted it all blindly, not really paying any attention to what he was yelling since he was tired of all the teasing. But then he instantly blushed redder than ten hot tamale peppers when he saw all of his friends staring at him with their mouths hanging wide open, their eyes wider than ever.

All but one person, however.

Donghae was gone. Gone with the wind. He had literally passed the hell out the second Hyukjae's mindless confession was over and was now lying on the ground with his cheek against the grass and his high up in the air. Although it was a funny image, Hyukjae was too damn shocked and scared of what he had just blurted out to be laughing at anything at the moment.

It took a while, but after the initial shock wore off, Hyukjae ran over to Donghae, picked him up and lied him down on the nearest park bench. He placed the boy's head on his own legs while the rest of their friends hurried over with worry on their faces.

Will Hae be alright?” The adorably cute Taemin asked with a deep frown.

Minho moved his arm around to hold Taemin's shoulders, “Yes, Taeminnie, he'll be fine. He's just a little shocked, so don't worry.” He said softly to his boyfriend, comforting him.

Kyuhyun suddenly cackled, “Yeah, right Minho. Donghae was just knocked the out by Hyukjae's awkward love punch of a confession. I think 'a little shocked' is definitely an understatement. Look at him,” he pointed, “he's practically dead.”

B-B-But I didn't p-punch h-him Kyu Kyu. I-I just screamed out my feelings, and that w-as a total accident! C-Can words really hurt?” Hyukjae asked, sobbing completely out of nowhere.

It was a surprising sight to those who were watching, to say the least. The waterworks just suddenly started flowing without any prior signal. Jimin would have at least appreciated a warning, otherwise it's just weird...

Hyukjae repeatedly apologized to Donghae even though the passed out boy hadn't heard a word since Hyukjae's confession. He his hair while crying over him.

H-Hae, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean it. W-Well, I did, but not like this, Hae. Not like this—”

And that just did it. All of the boys fell to the ground laughing until their stomachs hurt, their faces turned red, and until Hoseok peed his pants.

That had to have been just about the funniest they have ever heard and seen—Ever. Even though they constantly told the two idiots lots of wrong—very wrong things, but this. This just took the cake.

Hyukjae was freaking hilarous.

You make it seem like you killed him! Holy crap, man, that was so funny. I think pissed my pants...” Hoseok said and looked down at his soaked pants, “I did!” He wiped the tears of mirth from his eyes and giggled out the rest of his laughter.

Apparently he wasn't feeling embarrassed at all.

Hyukjae, again, didn't find anything funny. He just looked at his group of friends in a terribly confused way while they laughed still, but decided to keep his mouth shut before they could laugh at him even more about something else he didn't understand.

It took twenty minutes for everyone to shut up and for Donghae to finally wake up.

He shook away his dizziness and slowly opened his eyes. He smiled once he saw his friends and smiled even wider when he looked at Hyukjae, remembering the nice dream he just had.

What a miracle that dream was.

Hey guys, guess what. I had the best dream ever. It had all of you in it and I swear we were standing right here and Hyukjae said—” Realizing before it was too late that he was about to tell everyone about the confession that he had longed for for so long, Donghae force stopped himself and blushed deeply.

Sungmin had to stop himself from laughing, but the obvious smirk was still there, “He said what, Hae?” He asked.

Did he perhaps blush in your dream?” Teased Kyuhyun.

Was Hyukjae shouting?” Jimin, Jungkook and Hoseok asked at the same time.

Did he confess to our little Hae Hae?” Siwon joined in, having fun knowing that this wasn't at all a dream.

But then Heechul got invovled.

Oh, wait!” Heechul shouted and stood at center, “I think... I think suddenly I can read dreams... I'm the 'Dream Whisperer'.” He moved quickly and placed his hand on Donghae's forehead. He waited a couple seconds before his closed his eyes and this awkward nodding started with his head. “Yes, yesss.” He said, inhaling deeply through his nostrils, “Yes, I can see it. Okay, so, Hae, did your dream go like this?” Heechul's lips were twitching he was smirking so hard, and while looking into Hyukjae's big, scared eyes, he began. “'Goodness, okay! Okay, I like Donghae—No wait, scratch that—I'm in love with Donghae, okay? So, shut the hell up and leave me alone!!!'”

Heechul ended in a serious and monotone voice but hurriedly took his hand away when Donghae suddenly jumped up, screaming, “OMG, Chullie, you're so awesome! You said everything he said in my dream... I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE MAGIC!”

Donghae was happily clapping his hands, so amazed at his dream reading friend. Heechul really was the Dream Whisperer!

But everybody else, including Hyukjae, face palmed.

They'd all known before that their friend was dumb, but really, what the actual ing hell is wrong with him? There's just no way anyone should be that... Donghae. Really, it should be illegal!

Kyuhyun will make it a ing law someday, mark his words.

Siwon was gnawing on his fingernails somewhere in the back of the pack while staring at his best friend, feeling too guilty. Did I damage his brain when I accidentally made him trip and bump his head on the wall and fall out of his bedroom window into the bushes when he was 12?

And then, he thought about it some more and shook his head, No, Donghae was already dumb before that. I have nothing to feel ashamed about. He let out a sigh of relief.

But Donghae pouted when he realized he fainted in his dream before he could say anything back to his Hyukkie. There was so much he had wanted to say.

What's wrong now, little Hae Hae?” Siwon asked while looking at his pouting friend.

Donghae looked at him a little tentatively at first, but then shrugged and leaned in close. “I know I never told you this before so it might be a little shocking, but... In my dream, I fainted before I could tell Hyukjae how I realy felt!

I'm madly and impossibly in love with him, too. I wanted to tell him that I have been since the day I first saw him and he flashed the most beautiful gummy smile my way that I have ever seen... Still, it would have been nice if the dream turned out to be real.” Donghae whispered to his best friend a bit to loudly.

So, of course everyone heard every word of Donghae's confession. Even Hyukjae... Who wasn't even conscious anymore.

Not after having heard the words 'love' and 'too' anyway. He was a goner from the very beginning.

Here we go again.” Jungkook said, staring down at Hyukjae's questionable passed out posture, “Another idiot down.” And as expected, they all laughed like the cackling hyenas they were.

All except Donghae, who ran to Hyukjae's side to check if he was still breathing, still a bit bummed that the dream wasn't real like he wished it to be.

But Donghae knew that Santa was nice to him always. He'd get his wish for Christmas for sure.

 

THE END

 


I would like too say thank you to all of my faithful and loyal readers and friends. You all are truly angels. <3

Also I would like to say thank you to all of my subscribers, up-voters, and commenters. You all are truly appreciated!

As for those who haven't commented, subscribed or up-voted please do so, if not I will cry and Heechul will get you :P

And for the silent readers I would like to thank you to for at least reading. :D

Love you all <3