+01

ask me no more;

Soojung had rented an apartment since her early freshmen year on her own and lucky her for not having to have a roommate and share a room with someone. Moonbyul had Wheein, which she hadn't much complains, since the younger was very neat and quiet and always did her chores. Sometimes she would overdrink and sleep on Moonbyul bed by mistake, but she always made the bed when she wakes and leaves a post it note saying ‘’sorry’’. It's kinda cute.
Moonbyul never actually quite understand how Soojung and Hyejin were friends, like real friends, since the are the completely opposite of each other but Hyejin once told something about their moms being neighbors back when Hyejin moved to Incheon or something.. 4th floor, room 407. Ok.

Didn’t took her more than 3 knocks in the door for it to open. 
‘’Hm..Hey-‘’ and then she froze. It was a great time to forget to properly speak to people and this was quite frequent in Moonbyul’s life but…really? Now?? Soojung looked a bit bored, but it was hard to tell if she was just bored or bored with the situation.
‘’Hm-‘’ ‘’Hyejin isn’t here’’ ‘’I know..we have a project together’’ Sooyoung looked a bit confused actually ‘’You and Hyejin?’’ ‘’No. We’’ she said gesturing her index finger back and forward towards them both. Soojung still stared clueless at the poor bunny looking girl. ‘’Human Rights II.You missed the class and Mrs. Yoon paired us together’’ 
‘’Oh..that’’ Soojung excused herself bowning a bit forward as an apology for forgetting.

She made a room for Moonbyul to come in, it wasn't the first time she was entering the girl’s apartment. Seulgi and Hyejin were often around here and she was always getting invited to tag along for movies and pizza nights…she routinely refuse, making some lame excuses like ‘’I’m failing on a subject and I have to study’’ or ‘'I’m a little busy with my research internship’’ which Hyejin could easily read as ‘’bull’’, since 1)Moonbyul was smart as and had all good grades 2) Her research internship only took her a few hours a week and they usually meet up at weekends.

Soojung gestures for her to sit in the small cozy couch, while she headed to the kitchen. Moonbyul took a time to scan the apartment, it has slight changed since she came (last year, at soojung’s birthday party). Her living room was nice…Still well designed, clean and not much fancy but still had its charms. Counting a black leather couch at the center, a big TV ahead, a wooden stand full of books at her left, she still had her plants close the window (and to her surprise) she was still growing the succulents she gave her at her birthday last year. Moving aside, she could see a few pictures on the wall, some recognized faces from the campus, one of them was with her parents, a box in hands and wearing her university tshirt..cute. She could see her figure in a few, one of them was the first welcome event Moonbyul has been on, they were quite physically close, even though it was a group photo, Hyejin was between them both arms around each girl..Moonbyul was still on her first year, while Soojung was a proud and smiling 2nd year, she could vividly remember the moment Seulgi took that photo, because it was a few minutes after they were both introduced. After it all began.

 ‘'Sorry if my coffee tastes like ..’’ Soojung voice brought her back at her senses, handing Moonbyul a warm white mug and sited on the couch while taking a sip of hers, making sure it was drinkable.
‘’I-It’s ok, thank you’’ Moonbyul said after taking a sip and made a huge note to breath in first, in order to calm down and don’t shutter like a 5 years old.
It was awkward. The silence. Even after all these 3 years, they weren’t very close, even though they were in the same social cycle, Moonbyul wasn’t much of a talker and so Soojung. She was pleased that the other was the first one to speak, a bit slowly
‘’I’m sorry to cut this short but my shift starts at 8..’’She said eyeing the paste Moonbyul had on her lap, while Moonbyul stared at her watch, realizing that they only had 30 minutes to discuss the initial process of the project before Soojung went to work.
‘’Aah, it’s fine.. here’’ She hand over the rather thick paste and Soojung wild eyed a bit at how much work they had to do.
‘’The project..when is the deadline?’’ ‘’Next month, our order presentation is the last tho.’’ She heard the almost inaudible ‘’lucky us’' from the other girl as she took another sip of her coffee.

They went discussing about the regular things on how they would do it, what should they show, dividing topics.
Soojung was really neat and clever about things, she had a very logical vision of how she wanted to work, so having her as a partner was sure nice..the fact that she was an eye candy did made it better, anyone in the class would be satisfied to have her as a partner.
While she took notes, Moonbyul couldn’t help glancing up from time to time, Soojung was wearing her reading glasses, completely absorbed in the papers, it was something beautiful to admire.... Soojung.
‘’Do you wanna go to the bonfire, saturday?’’ She just blurted out. No thinking, the words just rolled of her lips like they were destined to come out. Surprising both of them. Now she was starring at the bunny looking girl, adjusting her glasses and Moonbyul could swear she felt a hole being dig on her skull.
‘’Are you asking me out?’’ ing ‘’N-No..It’s not that, Hyejin asked me to ask’’ Soojung slowly removed her glasses and easy up her gaze, holding a laugh ‘’So..Hyejin asked you to ask me out?’’ Moonbyul could fell the burning red on her checks already. Now shes thinking that I’m into her. Which she is, but that wasn't the best way to know.

‘’No..’’ She took a deep breath trying the hardest not to shutter like she was feeling she would and break down at anytime. ‘’She asked- she told me to tell you to go to the bonfire’’ Sigh. Done. Soojung smiled, a bit impressed and quite assured that now she was certain why Moonbyul never came to her house and excused herself everytime. So..she was her crush. It has always been a non secret going around that Moon Byulyi had a crush on someone and have been turning down dates and confessions since last year. What was secret though, was that no one could tell who it was. But seeing her being so blunt like this in front of her , she was surprised no one noticed, not even herself.Hyejin probably did because well..hawk eyes notices all types of .

‘’But do you want me to go?’’ Now it was her time to surpreend herself. ‘’With me?’’ Just when Moonbyul was sure she couldn’t rock the bottom one more time that day ‘’Are you asking me out again?’’ Soojung was holding her serious façade but dying inside and to be honest..a slight blush creeping in. She would be lying if she said that Moonbyul wasn’t at least her type, because she was.. and adorable to say at least, specially now. Her reaction was priceless, eyes wined at first followed by the goofiest laugh came out of the other one
‘’wow…I’m sorry but… cooky much?’’ Which Soojung raised an eyebrow not expecting such response, but was easy going about it, her small smile reassured Moonbyul that she hasn’t crossed lines. Yet. She sifted on her seat and put her glasses back on. Still smiling.
‘’I was just surprised..You seem to avoid me like the plague and to be quite honest I seek myself as the least person you’d want to have as a date’’

Moonbyul gagged a bit on her coffee, still not sure of what the last part meant, but confirming herself as the least subtle person because she did avoided Soojung every time she could. Girl made her nervous.
‘’Why?’’ she muted almost inaudible, but Soojung was pleased that she had a great hearing sense.
 ‘’Well.. Don’t know if you are aware.. but theres a lot of people in the campus that confessed to you over these past year, from what I remember’’ Soojung said, her attention back to the notes
‘’Well..I’m not..Is not like you haven’t either, 9/10 people at our shared classes would die for a chance’’ Soojung was no longer interested in her notes to be honest, she have been writing her name nonstop on her note, trying to sound as polish and chill as she could. But this was interesting.
‘’What about the other 1?’’ She asked with an astute smile.
‘’There are people dating already, others don’t seem interested in dating at all’’ Moonbyul said taking a last sip at the coffee on her mug, already cold on the note. In contrast with her face and ears. She was quite shocked they were still playing this little game and honestly.. for the first time, talking.
‘’which side are you?’’ The question made her jump, still unsure what to answer. She knew for sure she was on the 9 side..but she couldn’t be as blunt as she already ways so she went with a ‘’In on my side’’ which caused a small laugh from the other girl..but was soon died right after she checked her own watch 
‘’Crap, I’m late’’


 a/n: hi guys, i'm planing ob make this story short, since i'm not that good at chap. fics and english is not my 1st language so i dont feel so confident with it..but i hope you guys liked the 1st chap. and all... I hope i'll be able to update as soon as i can, thank u for reading and have a nice day!!! 🙆❤