Two Years Time

Two Years Time (A Jikook fluff)

The red head and brunette walked slowly down the shoreline, eating ice cream cones and laughing together. The sun was setting and the sky projected a purple and orange gradient as the waves crashed against the wet sand, rippling back into the ocean over and over.

Jungkook suddenly stopped walking and stood facing the sea, watching the birds fly over head and the waves gracefully tumble over each other. He noticed how the sun shone down beautifully on the water, and he took note on how he could maybe paint this scenery later on.

"Junkookie, what's wrong?" Jimin asked when he noticed that Jungkook was no longer walking by his side. He came over to where Jungkook was standing and joined him watching the sunset. "Wow, thats daebak," Jimin breathed, admiring the view. "You just now notice? That's why I love the beach so much," Jungkook stated as he hugged his arms from the ocean breeze.

"And that's why you're a seagull," Jimin laughed, earning a defeated grin from Jungkook.

Jimin looked over to Jungkook who was slightly shivering. "Kookie, are you cold? You can borrow my flannel," Jimin offered, reaching toward his waist to undo the knot. "O-okay," Jungkook stuttered, turning to Jimin and urgently hopping up and down while he waited. "Here you go," Jimin said, holding out his flannel and draping it over Jungkook's back. "Thanks Jimminie-hyung," Jungkook said with aegyo, doing a cute gesture with his hands.

"No problem," Jimin replied kindly, placing his arm over Jungkook's shoulder. They continued to walk down the shore with bare feet as they finished the last of their ice cream.

To a normal person who also happened to be on the same beach, the two could be mistaken for close friends, but Jimin had always thought of Jungkook as more than that. Ever since he saw Jungkook, he felt a sense of protection, like he was the cutest thing in the world that had to be treasured. But unfortunately, Jungkook always denied or brushed off Jimin's signs of affection, leaving him feeling alone most of the time.

Jimin always thought, 'Maybe it's because he's too young to feel that way... Maybe I'm pushing him out of his comfort zone,' but the nights he spent crying alone were the ones that he realized, those thoughts were just hopeful foolishness. There was a possibility that Jungkook would never feel the same about him or return his love.

But as time passed, the more accepting Jungkook became of Jimin and his actions, and that gave him hope.. Hope of their relationship potentially growing to be bigger than just.. Friends.

He breathed hard as he felt Jungkook's back muscles contract as he walked, and heard his breathing from beside him. Jungkook normally didn't feel comfortable with Jimin being so close to him, but this time something felt.. Different. Like he genuinely wanted to be close to him. It felt good and not so one-sided anymore.

Jimin chuckled and looked down as they walked, thinking about the fact that he was here, on the beach, arm around his two year crush, and he hasn't rejected once yet.

Jungkook looked to him as he smirked. "Whats wrong? Why are you laughing?" He asked, smiling also. Seeing Jimin's smile was almost contagious to Jungkook, like he couldn't escape from it. Any time Jimin laughed or smiled, it left Jungkook's heart beating twice as fast as before.

"Nothing, I just like being here with you," Jimin responded, laughing childishly and pinching Jungkook's cute cheeks playfully. Jungkook laughed and recognized the feelings toward Jimin that he was all too familiar with. He lowered his head slightly, and his mind strayed from reality.

When he first met Jimin, honestly, he thought that he was very handsome and charming. Of course, he hadn't develop feelings then, but Jimin had and that made him scared. Scared that he too would develop feelings that he couldn't control, feelings that the other members and public would notice and judge him by. So, out of fear, he denied any affection from Jimin and spent many days alone, learning to conceal his emotions from everyone.

In a strange way, the two were both alone. For different reasons of course, but they still felt the same pain. They needed each other, they completed each other.

Jungkook stopped in his tracks once again, and looked into Jimin's eyes lovingly, but yet with the slightest bit of hurt. How could I cause pain to the only person who makes me happy? He thought to himself.

Jimin confusedly returned Jungkook's intimate gaze, shifting nervously. What was he about to do? I can't control myself right now.

Jungkook stepped closer to him, and Jimin took the chance and grabbed his arms, pulling him into his chest and colliding their lips together. Jimin softly pressed his lips to Jungkook's, and Jungkook whimpered slightly from the immense feeling. It was all so new, so exiting, and so scary all at once... But overall, it felt right.

Jungkook grabbed Jimins neck and ruffled his bright red hair, feeling the softness of it. Jimin let go to catch his breath and tenderly pulled his lips away. Jungkook's eyes were still closed, and he lowered his head, intertwining his fingers in Jimin's small hand. He smiled and looked up at Jimin who's eyes were growing watery. Jungkook reached out and wiped one that was beginning to trickle down.

"After all this time... I can't believe it," Jimin said, causing Jungkook to blush. "Do you know how long I've been waiting for that to happen?" Jimin exclaimed, staring into Jungkook's eyes.

"Well, yeah.. I do," Jungkook replied, suddenly feeling very self-critical. "I just.. I'm so sorry, for being such a jerk all those years. Truth is, I've always liked you too," he admitted, glancing over at Jimin and then looking back. "Really?" Jimin asked, sounding like he was the happiest person alive.

"This is the best day ever," Jimin mumbled to himself, grabbing Jungkook's waist and crushing him in a hug while they walked. "Jungkook when did you grow this tall? It's not fair," Jimin whined, looking up at Jungkook slightly. They laughed and Jungkook pushed Jimin off of him playfully as the sun lowered behind the calm ocean, until it disappeared and the sky's bright colors faded away.