Final

Across Time

They say that if two people were really meant to be, then nothing could come between them. Guess that must have been the reason why Sungyeol would always meet the same pair of hypnotizing dark obsidian orbs.


He was a Hittite commander, one of the people leading the army of Hittites for the war with Egypt. He and his men stood in attention as they waited orders from their king – orders to start the war and to shed blood. Across them, and standing on the other side of the river where they all came from, stood the army of Egyptians; just as guarded and attentive as them.

Everything happened too fast, for a moment all of them were just standing there staring at each other with cold eyes and the next, the army of Egyptians were already running towards them, swords raised and arrows flying through the sky.

He found himself exchanging blows with another Egyptian soldier, this after he managed to kill a few others. Both of them gritted their teeth’s out of frustration as they worked hard to find an opening.

The Egyptian was the first one to land a blow; he was busy belting out orders to his men when the Egyptian hit, creating a huge slash on his chest ending on his hip. With his eyes closed, he let himself fall to the ground with a grunt. The last thing he saw were a pair of conflicted obsidian orbs before he succumbed to the darkness.


He was a prince, hopelessly in love with a mermaid with long overflowing dark hair and obsidian orbs who was probably too much obsessed with humans. She was the kingdom’s most beautiful mermaid and, unfortunately to all merman’s dying to have her hand in marriage, she was also the most introvert.

To his luck (or not, depends on how you see it) he was her best friend, and probably the only merman she was close with. It was for that reason (and maybe because he just loved her too damn much), that he swallowed the bitter taste on his mouth when he said yes as she all but begged him with those obsidian eyes wide and desperate for him to accompany her towards the sea witch. She had fallen in love with a human, and since they were not allowed to fraternize with those two legged creatures, she decided to leave behind her everything to become a human – including him.

But it was all worth it, he assured himself as they both swam pass the darkest and scariest parts of the ocean towards to sea witch’s cove, because after he said those three lettered word, he was rewarded with that smile that would always make his heart beat faster and a kiss on his cheek. Oh well, he’ll take what he can get.

He tried to hold in his tears as he watched her tail split in half and became legs, held it even harder as he stared from the water when a human found her passed out form sprawled on the shore, and desperately harder as he watched the two of them getting along and her staring at the human with such love in her eyes he remembered doing the same to her.

He only stopped holding them when, after she saw the human kiss another woman and some other things happened in between that he didn’t know of, her dark orbs stopped at his form on the sea and gave him one last smile before she turned into bubbles.


He was a wolf, currently running around the forest in search for food when he saw him.

He was a bunny, currently flitting from berry bush to berry bush with a half full basket in hand. He slowed down, making his presence disappear as he stared with rapt attention to the bunny. He decided to make his move when those long droopy ears stood and twitched with attention. Looks like the other noticed his presence, he grinned as he came out from behind the bush he was hiding only to abruptly stop.

The bunny turned to face him, whole form trembling and obsidian orbs wide in fear. It was those eyes that stopped him in his tracks, they captivated him beyond explanation. Before he could take another step, the bunny was already gone, hurriedly hopping away from him grasping tight on the basket.

Despite knowing he could out run the other, he decided to forget about it follow along to where he heard a herd of deer’s running. He doesn’t know what happened earlier, but he swore that bunny would be his next meal.

Just not now, he still has a hungry pack waiting to be fed back home.


It was World War, and she was a doctor. Every day, wounded soldiers were brought to her tent with most of them never coming out alive.

It was nearing the war when he was brought to her tent, arm with a noticeable hole and blood flowing excessively out of his body. Despite signs telling her it was too late and there was nothing she can do, she still stubbornly tried to do her best to stitch him up and stop the blood from flowing.

She succeeded at both but based from his pale complexion and the amount of blood loss he experienced, there was no way he could survive until the next day. So with a sad smile playing on her lips, she left him and tended to other patients.

She forgot all about him until a week later when one of the nurses excitingly told her the handsome man whom they all thought would die had woken up, she faced his warm, thankful smile and dark eyes shining too brightly for it to be caused by morphine with an uncertain yet relieved smile of her own.

She quickly squashed down the guilt for thinking he won’t survive for another day as she hurriedly gave him a checkup, ignoring the flutter on her stomach and her heating cheeks when those eyes never left her form. Damn, what was going on?

When the war finally ended, she found herself peacefully sipping tea as she watched him tend to the farm they bought together with the commission he received.


He was a rich CEO, and he just got stood up by probably the only woman he’ll have interest on.

He was a random guy with a handsome face and mesmerizing dark eyes who, like him, was also stood up.

It was a chanced meeting; the both of them were sitting on the same bench after finding out what their intended partners had done and wouldn’t have noticed the other if they both didn’t release tired sighs at the same time.

He was the first one to react – he laughed. This after the both of them whipped their heads to stare at the stranger beside them who looked as miserable as them. He followed after, small chuckles bubbling on his throat at the irony.

After they both finished releasing all the tension, they started to talk. They talked about everything and anything – about their life and family, dreams and aspirations, childhood and occupations, what if’s and more – anything that doesn’t involve about what just happened or anything that relates to it. Never – or at least not yet, the wound was still too fresh.

By the end of the talk, they already knew so much of the other one would think they had been together since birth – and it was already late at night (or early morning none of them really cared, the sky was still dark and none bothered to check their watches). He left first, handing the now limp bouquet of roses he had prepared for her. He looked surprised, but only smiled in understanding before handing him a bouquet of lilies. They both shared one last laugh before, with a nod, parted their own ways.

They met again a week later. There was this newly built coffee shop near his building that he apparently owned. Surprise was both evident on their faces, but it still didn’t stop the smile that came after it. This time, when the both of them parted ways again, their phones had a new number in it and an unspoken promise.


He was the God of time, the one who makes sure nothing is amiss and everything follows along to what Destiny wishes. He doesn’t know what would happen really, despite being the God of time, that’s why he was panicking when he found this puny human toying time.

He showed himself, surprising the human beyond shock, and warned him menacingly about the consequences should he continue with his stupidity. He didn’t receive a reply from the human, the other’s face had remained into a shocked one to the point he even thought if he ever stopped time but the human twitched and proven otherwise, so with one last warning and glare he left, going back on his realm of ticks and tocks.

All was well for a while, and he was happy with that. It wasn’t until a little later (he doesn’t know really when in human time since theirs had a fixed schedule while time in his realm moves by his will) that he felt the same disturbance. Thoroughly annoyed, he showed once again only to be greeted by a sound kiss.

The human seemed very pleased; a slight twinkle in his dark eyes and a contented smile on his lips as he watched the God’s embarrassingly flushed face and scowl. Anger coursing through his veins, he moved the human’s time faster – turning the other into an old man in a blink of an eye – and with his pride shattered immediately left to return to his realm.

A few moments later, he returned back on the human world guilt heavy on his chest. It was no one’s fault the human took an interest on him – that much he knows, after all the time Destiny spent drilling those on his head. Who knows? Maybe this is actually part of the human’s fate – meeting him and also falling for him. Maybe it’s also part of his – despite being higher than humans, God’s are also slaves to their fates and Destiny. Destiny truly was a .

At the sight of him the human beamed again. And this time, after he undid his spell, he let himself be kissed again. If his predictions are correct, then there really was no choice in resisting if their fates were connected.

And he was proven correct when, after some time and he was already completely smitten with the human, Destiny came by his realm. The other gave him congratulations, and all but fired him. Saying something along the lines of having found the perfect replacement that’s why he’s now back to being a human accompanied with a wink.

He didn’t know he’d never be more than happy being a puny, useless human until that moment when he’s being held tightly never to let go.


In this life, his name is Lee Sungyeol and he’s the leader of an infamous gang named Infinite –a t least in name only, not like any of those little s listen to him anyway, considering he’s the second youngest and all.

Lounging at a tattered sofa on their base (nothing more than an abandoned warehouse), bored liquid brown eyes roamed over to the rest of s; trying to see if there was anything he could do to relieve his boredom.

Their second eldest, Jang Dongwoo was off to a corner, back turned against him and was giggling manically to himself. He shivered lightly. Nope, he isn’t going anywhere near that crazy hyung even if you pay him millions – well, not now when his actions are very questionable.

His eyes landed to their eldest, the one who was supposed to be their leader but adamantly refused it just because he was too lazy to be one. Kim Sunggyu was sprawled unto the mattress beside his couch, a book covering his face and was currently fast asleep. He was oh so tempted to play with his unconscious body but reeled himself hard, experiencing firsthand the elder’s wrath the first time he decided to scribble on the other’s face while asleep.

A grimace was already on his face when his gaze landed on the last two members on the room. Nam Woohyun, his stupid second in command, and Lee Howon, his stupid faced cousin, were on the sofa at the other side of the warehouse; currently faces like their lives depended on it. Well, he thought with a heavy sigh, at least they had something to do.

There was always the option of Sungjong though, he reminded himself, although sadly his diva cousin is currently in disposed; left earlier to meet someone. His boyfriend maybe, he doesn’t’ really care the other was already old enough to do whatever he wanted.

Speaking of the younger, the warehouse’s doors opened wide and his cousin came in strolling, another guy trailing behind him. Sungjong stood in front of eyebrow raised and hands resting on his hip. He only grunted in greeting.

“Seriously hyung, if you could just act like the leader that you are – and you wonder why no one listens to you.” A carefully selected finger was the reply he gave. His cousin only rolled his eyes.

“Is he a new recruit?” Woohyun asked, momentarily breaking off from Howon and pointing at the person who the younger brought. Sungjong nodded. Woohyun beamed and opened his mouth to say something only to be dragged back down and have Howon’s tongue shoved in it; both Sungjong and Sungyeol grimaced at the sight.

“They are shameless,” he groaned, before turning towards the person behind his cousin. The other stood a little straighter.

“Kim Myungsoo,” the other introduced, catching the leader off guard with his husky voice and a hint of an accent, putting his hand forward for a handshake. Sungyeol stared at it with an eyebrow raised.

“He grew up in the states.” His cousin shrugged when he turned to him with questioning eyes. He decided to ignore the hand and stared straight at the other man’s eyes, brown clashing with black.

A smirk tugged on his lips.

Well, isn’t this interesting?


A/N: Sorry of this isn’t what you expected, I can’t really choose between the two prompts since I like the two so I just decided to do both! … And, not to mention, throw in a bunch of AU’s I’ve always wanted to do XD especially the wolf one, I’m intrigued by the dynamics.