Waffles~

Waffles; The root of our love [One-Shot]

"Ok, I'll repeat your order. That'll be 2 mini 3x3 square chocolate injected waffles with syrup and butter and Jasmine tea, ne?"

"Ne, kamsahamnida~" The waiter bowed, took the menu and left.

I looked at the way that that waiter walked. He had this diva-ish walking style. A little like a runway model. Keke, I know. It does seem wierd for a handsome guy like me to be looking at guys, I mean hey, if that waiter was a woman, I'd ask her out on a date, for sure.

"Here's your food sir." The same waiter said.

"Gumawo~ Ne, what's your name?"

"Kibum, Kim Kibum. But you can call me Key, Sir."

"Ah, ok. Nice to meet you. I'm Jonghyun. Kim Jonghyun." I streched out an open palm, he grabbed it and we shook hands.

~

From that day on, I always had my breakfast or lunch there, depending on which on I've had there. If I had breakfast there, I'd go somewhere else for lunch and vice-versa. Key was the only one that ever served me. I simply refused to allow other waiter serve me. Even the day where Key was sick and had to stay home. I didn't had breakfast nor lunch there.

This went on for a few weeks. Key and I have exchanged numbers and chatted sometimes and we're great friends. But I was afraid of something. I felt that, I think I might have fallen for Key... Oh no... What will people think? That I'm gay? This macho and handsome guy, who has made thousands of girls swoon over, is actually gay?!

 People might start to hate me...

But wait... I am Kim Jonghyun. I always persue the ones I love! If I truly loved Key, I wouldn't be afraid to tell the whole world! Nor afraid to be called gay, nor hated as well. Yes. I must get Key!

But wait, again... What if Key thinks I'm some kind of gay wierdo and rejects me?! I have never been rejected before! Only I reject people! Omo, what should I do...

*Ding~* Oh~? I think an idea just popped up... Kekekekekeke~~~

~

"Kibum-ah~ Your daily birf is here~" The manager shouted.

Key walked out of the kitchen smiling brightly, but when he saw me, his smile dropped of what seems like 20 miles.

"What you want?" He said in a non-chalent tone.

"Ah, the usual. And you?"

"Ah... Jong-oppa.. I've never eaten here before..."

"It's ok, honey~ Um, Key. Make that 2 of the usuals."

"Yes. Sir." He said it in a slightly angry tone and stormed off. And he called me 'Sir'. Ever since the day we met, he always called me Dino. Or Dino-man.

"Here's your food." He said in the same non-chalent tone and dropped the plates of pancakes like how a diva would when she's angry. The food's still surprisingly in place. And he stormed off once again.

"Yah, Jong-oppa. What's wrong with that waiter? Can we complain about him?"

"Ani. Don't"

"Wae? He was so rude to us!"

"Just don't." Seems like my plan worked.. Kekekeke~

~

The next day, I went back to the bakery alone.

"The usual sir?"

"Key, can I talk to you for a while? Privately?"

"I don't talk with strangers. And can't you see that I'm busy? I have a job to keep."

"Kibum, what's wrong? Are you angry at me or something? Why'd you stop calling me and why are you ignoring my calls?"

"The usual, sir?" I sighed and nodded. "Yes.." Key left, my food came, I ate and left.

Then I went to buy a little something and came back at closing time. I waited outside for Key.

~

After about 15 minutes, Key came out.

"Key!" He turned an dlooked at me witha surprised look plastered on his face.

"What do you want, Jong? I gotta go home and get ready.

I sighed. "Key, I know this might sound wierd bu---"

"Will you hurry up?"

"Are you willing to accept me? I mean, as your boyfriend?"

"Wae? I thought you already have your honey." He said sarcasticly.

"Ani! That was my sister. I wanted her to act as my girlfriend cause I wanted to see if you would get jealous. So that I know, wether or not, you'll reject me if I asked you.."

"KIM JONGHYUN! You think it's very nice to play with my feelings?!" Key screamed and lifted his hand. I squeezed my eyes tight and waited for his diva-ish palm to land on my face.

Nothing. All I heard were sniffs. I opened my eyes and saw Key crying.

"Omo, don't cry, please.. I didn't mean to hurt you.. I was afraid you'd reject me so I did what I did.."

"Ani.. It's just.. No one ever loved me as much as you.. *sniffs* They all think I'm gay."

"Aww.. hush hush.." I said and pulled Key in for a hug.

When he stopped crying, he pulled away from the hug and I took out the rose I bought and gave it to him. He took it with a smile and hugged me one more time.

"C'mon Key. I'll walk you home." Key nodded and gave me a big smile.

 

 This might just be the beginning of a new love story...