fin

Just Me and You

Being the youngest out of your group of friends could be somewhat tiring sometimes, Chan thinks, seeing how his friends were mostly high schoolers almost graduating too while Chan himself is still on his third year of middle school, and it .

It , when the others are talking about stuff and went silent abruptly as soon as Chan comes in, and if Chan asks Seungcheol would always reply that he's too young to know. It , because everybody else can go and have fun until late midnight while Chan's stuck inside his house doing nothing but studying. It because everyone else has so much freedom and free time and spending it together, Chan couldn't help to feel left out and paranoid and restless.

He wants to have fun to. He wants to talk about the same stuff as they do and he wants to spend more time with them rather than doing lame math homework in his room with his weird looking star shaped desk lamp.

He wants to fit in, he wants to grow up faster.

"Why would you want that?" Hansol asks after hearing Chan's little monologue, thumbs moving fast around his controler and Chan is really struggling with playing his character against Hansol's while talking to him without screaming and yelping each time he gets knocked down. Easier said than done.

The game's over not long after, with Hansol as the victor and Chan is left sulking at his defeat on the other side of the couch, bringing his legs up to his chest while hiding his face in his arms. "You're a monster."

"Oh, just it up," Hansol laughs as he puts down his controler to scoot closer against the younger male. "But seriously, about before."

Chan picks his head up to look at the other before Hansol continues. "I mean like, I know how you feel and all since our are doesn't have that much difference but I never actually wanted to grow up quick, you know?"

Chan blinks. "No, I don't know," he said blankly. "Please do explain."

Hansol sighs, sagging into the couch as his side is pressed against Chan's body. "It looks scary, growing up and all. Like, okay sure, you can't go out late and you have school and the other guys treats you like you're a baby and all but," he takes a breath, exhales before resting his head oh so casually and Chan finally notices at how close the elder boy is. How warm his cheeks had become and his heart has sped up.

"Growing up looks kind of scary, don't you think?"

"Y-you think so?"

He knows, he knows so much because he sees it in his parents, in his sister's everyday life of responsibilities and black circles around their eyes. He sees how they regret on ever growing up, heard how his parents talk about their grown up lives and Hansol doesn't think he would be able to take any of that. He's not ready. Maybe he never will be.

But instead, Hansol merely nods. "Mhm."

They stay silent for awhile after that, Hansol's long-ish hair brushing against his cheek ever so slightly. For a moment, Chan worries if Hansol could hear the loud beating of his heart. The atmosphere around them felt good, peaceful and despite his unstable beating heart, his flushed cheeks and fluttering sensation inside his stomach, Chan feels comfortable, at ease. His heart feels at ease.

(And he knows that he could feel like this when he's with Hansol, and hansol only.)

"I don't want to hurry about growing up," the elder says softly, almost a whisper, like he's afraid of breaking their current atmosphere. (He is.)

"I'd rather stay here, stay the same," he turns his eyes towards Chan, something in his eyes and how he stare at him sends his body warm all over. Hansol smiles. "Stay with you."

And before he knows it, there's a sensation of lips brushing against lips and Hansol's face was still so close even after they parted and Chan is sure that he's face is as red as a tomato right at this very moment.

"I-I... wha..."

Hansol smiles at his response. "Oops. Was that your first kiss?"

He wasn't sure what kind of sound that comes out from his mouth but it must be something awfully weird because Hansol is laughing right now, that scrunching-face laugh that looks weird but good looking at the same time and Chan just can't get his eyes off him, oh my god.

Hansol throws his controler to his lap, as if nothing happened and Hansol did not just kiss him out of the blue. He looks at him questioningly, the elder boy sends him a smirk.

"Maybe if you beat you can have it back. How's that?"

(Hansol wins in the first one, and the next one, and the next one, the next one, and the next. Hansol taking little kisses from him for each round he won and Chan is torn between annoyed and happy for losing so many times. At least the kisses makes it better.

(And Chan does win on the next round, finally, whooping happily and dips down to take a peck on Hansol's lips on a whim. The two pull away after that, red until the tip of their ears and Hansol feels really good about losing the game purposely for his best friend.))

▼▽▼

a/n. wrote on phone, posted on phone. first time writing chansol so i hope you guys enjoyed it. thank you so much for reading!

p.s. HAPPY 20TH BIRTHDAY WONWOO!!!