End.

You Wanna Be My Cocoa, Baby? (Cos I'd Drink You Up)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"How was your day Pa?"

 

He's been hanging on Namjoon's leg for a while and while it is distracting and he has burnt his hand several times on the pan while out of balance, Namjoon doesn't have the heart to tell him 'no'.

 

"It's been good Kookie." He soothingly smooths the brown bob of hair, barely reaching his waist.

 

Wide pupils look up at him, the child's neck stretching far more than it possibly can, "Are you sure Pa?" Small fists tighten at his sweatpants and moist breath seeps through fabric, "Kookie can help Pa make dinner."

 

Namjoon retains the dimpled smile that Jungkook knows is his real one and shakes his head gently, "Come on kiddo. Why don't you get the spoons and forks ready?"

 

He isn't sure whether or not the child has heard or ignored him when he snuggles into his leg any further than what is currently possible.

 

"Baby's Pa is fine in the kitchen by himself. I won't hurt myself anymore. I'll be done in a minute." He assures and Jungkook finally lets go of his leg, partially for air but also because he looks like he is finally convinced.

 

He takes Namjoon's excessively large and slender fingers in his soft and stubby hands, mainly because he can't actually reach his father's hand, and blows a few kisses on it where he has burnt himself, "If Pa needs help, Kookie is behind you."

 

And he runs off to the other side of the kitchen, finding his little step stool, and collecting cutlery for their dinner.

 

The child has a mentality far more mature than the body he is encased in and Namjoon feels partially at fault.

 

Jungkook is equally sunshine and bubbles, and seriousness.

 

When he isn't happy, he's still and attentive to other people's needs.

 

When Jungkook is not serious, he's giggling away, cheeks full and crinkled eyes and he's sweeter than sugar.

 

Namjoon loves Jungkook and nothing will change that.

 

And its because he loves Jungkook, that Namjoon has also grown to love the ball of hyperactivity and adorableness that is Jimin, Jungkook's little friend from daycare and guest for tonight.

 

The children are together in daycare six days a week, but apparently, its not enough.

 

Tiring nights of cries for the other had left Namjoon, Seokjin and Yoongi, Jimin's parents and now Namjoon's allies, finally caving in for their insistent requests for a sleepover.

 

Namjoon knows the extent in which Jungkook loves Jimin though the child does not quite express his affection as openly as the elder of the two does. But Namjoon knows Jungkook loves Jimin as much as Jimin loves him.

 

So when they're at the market only a few hours beforehand, and Jungkook had presented the packet of glass noodles that Namjoon knows Jungkook hates to his father, Namjoon nods and smiles, gently brushing out his little darling's long bangs from his eyes, "Good boy Kookie."

 

And when tiny little Jungkook breaks into a timid smile, Namjoon's heart melts and he makes sure to put in some red bell peppers that he knows Jungkook loves the colour of.

 

(Namjoon also sneaks in some lollies and strawberries for Jungkook because he deserves them so bad even though Hoseok doesn't want Jungkook to get cavities in his beautiful little teeth. But no one has to know...)

 

And so a huge platter of japchae sits on the dining table, decorated with Mr Poli and Pororo bowls and utensils, along with a set of "adult" bowls and cutlery.

 

There is a side of rice and grilled samgyupsal, just in case Seokjin or Yoongi come over as well but Namjoon seriously doubts that the couple would rather spend a night with company than without.

 

Just as he begins to concern himself with the dilemma of how he could possibly finish the three adult portions of meat and rice as well as any japchae that might be left over, and then taking him only another second for him to conclude that he could actually finish that by himself, the doorbell rings.

 

Jungkook hurriedly waddles down the hallway after Namjoon, like a duckling to it's mother and Namjoon just knows Jungkook is excited.

 

The front door opens and Namjoon jumps in surprise as he watches Jimin, with great fascination, make an astonishing leap for Jungkook.

 

"Jungkooookkkkiiiiieeeeeee!!!" He screeches, but he falls short when two slender hands hold him from his armpits.

 

"Come

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter