Falling in love with my best friend

Falling in love with my best friend

Shin Donghee was currently in his apartment, home alone since his parents were still at work. The teen was already used to spending time alone at home, because his parents were doctors and they would always work late into the night. He used to be scared when he was little, but now not so much. Not only that, but he was kind of used to be all alone because he didn’t have many friends in school. The teen knew that it was all because of his weight, his classmates would always make fun of him because he was a bit bigger than others.

 

Donghee sighed and threw himself onto the couch. At first, he was very worried about what other people thought about him. Since he was little, other kids would always pick on him and things got only worse when he got into high school. He knew that he shouldn’t be so worried about other people’s opinions. However, because of listening to other people’s mean words, which were saying that he was ugly and pathetic, made the teen feel really depressed. Donghee closed eyes and pressed his lips together as memories of previous years started flashing in front of his eyes.

 

The first year of high school was the worst. He didn’t want to stand out and he tried to fit in with the others. But no matter how hard he tried, he just couldn’t. He always ended up being hurt or made fun of. He really would have given into the depression by then, if it wasn’t for his neighbour, Lee Hyukjae. Hyukjae was just a few years older than him, already a college student. He was one of people, who never made fun of him and he was always there for the teen, helping him get through the hard times. However, it’s been a while since the two of them spent any time together, because Donghee knew that the other one was busy with college work.

 

Donghee got up into sitting position, suddenly finding the empty apartment to be really cold and lonely. He wished that he could go over to Hyukjae’s, or if the other one came over to his apartment. He considered calling the older male, but in the end decided not to. He didn’t want to be a bother to him, because he knew that Hyukjae would be there in a second if he called him. The teen got up and slowly made his way into his room and he sat onto his bed, not really knowing what to do with himself.

 

Sometimes he wondered… why was Hyukjae always hanging out with him? Donghee knew that the older one was popular among his friends, but Hyukjae always stayed with him if he needed him, instead of going out and partying with his friends. Donghee smiled, feeling heat present on his cheeks. It wasn’t like he disliked that. Not at all. During the years he came to the realisation that to him, Hyukjae was much more than just a normal friend. But of course, there was no way that he was going to tell him.

 

During that exact time, Hyukjae was sitting in his bedroom and was studying. Well at least that was what he was trying to do, but he just couldn’t get to it. His mind was filled with other things and studying for the upcoming exams was one of the last things which were concerning him. The young man sighed and shook his head, knowing that he should pay more attention to what was written in his text book. He pushed his lips together and started reading again.

The nervous system is the part of an animal's body that coordinates its voluntary and involuntary actions and transmits signals to and from different parts of its body. Nervous tissue first arose in wormlike organisms about 550 to 600 million years ago. In vertebrate species it consists of two main parts, the central nervous system and the peripheral nervous system.

 

He then suddenly frowned. Wait… hasn’t he already read this? Hyukjae quickly skimmed through the page and then sighed, burying his face into his palms. He has just spent an hour reading this last page. It was helpless. Hyukjae then straightened himself up and turned the page, trying his best to motivate himself. It wasn’t really difficult for Hyukjae to motivate himself. He promised to himself that after he was going to be done, he would go visit his neighbour, Donghee. He smiled as Donghee’s face flashed in front of his eyes and he sighed, knowing that it’s been a while since they spent time together. He just couldn’t help but to wonder if the other one was alright.

 

He continued to think about Donghee a few more seconds and he then placed his hand against his forehead. “Just how the hell am I going to get any work done if I’m just day dreaming?!” said Hyukjae to himself and rubbed his palms together. “Come on Hyukjae, get your together,” he then added. After this I can finally go see him. Feeling more motivated, Hyukjae smiled and started reading the next paragraph.

 

At the cellular level, the nervous system is defined by the presence of a special type of cell, called the neuron, also known as a "nerve cell". Neurons have special structures that allow them to send signals rapidly and precisely to other cells. They send these signals…

 

“Screw this,” said Hyukjae and closed his text book with force. “I’m so done with this.”

 

Hyukjae then stood up, deciding that he had it enough. He needed to get some rest, because what he was reading was not making any sense to him, so what was the point? In the end, he decided to pay Donghee a visit. Hyukjae changed his clothes, trying to make himself look at least decent, since he knew that he looked like because of spending too many nights up, studying. He then stepped out of his apartment, locked the door and walked towards the place where Donghee was living. As soon as he got there, Hyukjae rang the doorbell, feeling his heart warming up as he heard footsteps coming closer to the door.

 

When Donghee heard how someone rang his doorbell, he got up into sitting position and he then quickly made his way to the front door. To see who it was in front of the door, Donghee looked through the peephole on the door and when he saw that Hyukjae was standing there, he felt how his heartbeat started racing and he took a few steps back, happiness filling his heart. Rubbing his palms together, Donghee finally plucked up enough courage to step to the door and open it.

 

“Hey,” said Hyukjae and his smiled widely as soon as he saw the younger one.

 

“Hi, Hyukjae,” beamed Donghee and opened the door wider, letting Hyukjae in. Hyukjae chuckled and walked past the younger one, making his way inside the apartment. He then went into the living room and waited for Donghee to join him there. “What brings you here?” asked Donghee when he came into the living room as well. He knew that Hyukjae was busy, so he was quite surprised to see him there. “I know that you are busy with exams and stuff.”

 

“I was… I mean I am,” said Hyukjae and sighed. “But you know, I needed to take some rest from studying because it stated to drive me insane,” went on by saying the older one.

 

“And you decided to come here?”

 

“Of course,” said Hyukjae, as if that was the most obvious answer in the world. “I always have fun around you, plus being with you makes me feel kind of… relaxed, I guess,” said Hyukjae and noticed how his answer made the teen’s cheeks glow from embarrassment.

 

“O-Oh,” said Donghee, feeling how his entire body warmed up when Hyukjae said that. Hyukjae was saying stuff like that a lot lately and Donghee still wasn’t quite sure why was Hyukjae acting like that around him, but he wasn’t about to ask him. On the other hand, he quite liked it actually. “Well that’s good then, good. I’m happy to know that you can be relaxed and happy around me.”

 

“Yeah,” said Hyukjae. He then allowed himself to place his palm on top of Donghee’s head and he gently ran his fingers through Donghee’s hair. Donghee’s heart jumped at that and his flush only deepened, because that was the first time that Hyukjae did something like that. “Now, let’s do something fun,” went on by saying Hyukjae and walked to the couch, sitting down.

 

“Umm, okay,” said the teen and then followed the older to the couch, sitting down next to him. “Do you want something to eat? Or drink?” he asked, thanking god that his heart finally stopped beating like crazy. However, that didn’t last long, because Hyukjae’s hand was soon on top of his head again, making Donghee’s heart beat with the speed of light.

 

“Not really. You don’t have to make such a fuss about it,” said Hyukjae gently and then removed his hand from the teen’s head, leaving the younger one flustered as ever.

 

“O-okay then,” said Donghee and placed his own hands onto his legs and started down onto the floor. He really didn’t know what to do or say. “So what do you want to do?”

 

“Talk,” said Hyukjae, leaned back and closed his eyes.

 

“About what?” asked Donghee and blinked a few times.

 

“Just usual things, I guess,” said Hyukjae, opened his eyes and smiled. “So how have you been during the time that we haven’t seen each other? How are things in school?”

 

“Nothing really that dramatic happened,” said Donghee. “School is going good, I mean my grades are fine. But you know, those jerks still keep on bothering me. I’m trying to ignore them,” said Donghee and sighed.

 

Hyukjae nodded, knowing that Donghee was always going good in school and he was glad to hear that he was still getting good grades. And he wasn’t too shocked to hear that Donghee was still getting bullied. “Ignore them,” said Hyukjae, but he knew that it was easier said than done. “They are just jerks for not seeing how amazing you are.”

 

“You think that I’m amazing?” blurted out Donghee and a tiny smile came onto his lips, feeling happy that Hyukjae said that about him.

 

Hyukjae chuckled when he saw how happy the younger one looked and he nodded. “Of course,” said Hyukjae. “You are one of the most amazing people that I have ever met,” he said. “So it’s other people’s loss if they don’t want to hang out with you.”

 

Donghee let out an awkward laugh and his body froze when he felt how Hyukjae’s fingers were playing with his hair again. He looked at Hyukjae, but quickly looked away when he saw that the older male was looking at him with a smile on his lips. Donghee placed his trembling hands together and swallowed thickly. Was the other one hitting on him? No, it couldn’t be it… he was just making things up! There was no way that someone like Hyukjae was interested in someone like him. Knowing that hurt Donghee and a disappointed smile came upon his lips.

 

“I’m not amazing,” said Donghee quietly.

 

“Don’t say that,” whispered Hyukjae and scooted a bit closer to the teen. “If I say that you’re amazing then you are amazing. It’s as simple as that.”

 

“I guess,” said Donghee, feeling how his mood suddenly dropped. “I wish I could be more than you though.”

 

“Why?” asked Hyukjae, puzzled.

 

“Well because you are perfect at everything you do,” stated Donghee bitterly. “I at everything I do. Plus you are good looking and other people like. I am just the ‘fat one’ everywhere I go,” said Donghee. “I know that I should have thicker skin by now, but...”

 

“It’s alright,” said Hyukjae quietly and gently tugged on Donghee’s hair, making the younger one gasp at the process. Donghee furrowed his eyebrows… was Hyukjae doing this on purpose? “To me, you’re always going to be perfect.”

 

Donghee chuckled and then closed his eyes, enjoying the way Hyukjae was playing with his hair. Donghee then allowed himself to place his head on top of Hyukjae’s shoulder, hoping that the older one wasn’t going to mind it. Hyukjae chuckled when he felt sudden weight pressing down onto his shoulder and when he saw that Donghee placed his head there, he smiled and leaned his own head against the teen’s, making Donghee’s blush deepen at the process.

 

“You’re just saying this because we are friends,” said Donghee quietly, feeling how his heart was growing heavy with feelings once again.

 

“Well yeah, but,” said Hyukjae. “Even before we became really good friends I thought that you were really amazing.”

 

“Yeah right.”

 

“I mean it.”

 

“Oh… well then… thanks, I guess?” said Donghee, feeling awkward.

 

“And I thought that you were really cute,” said Hyukjae out loud.

 

Donghee’s eyes grew huge as the older one said that and he quickly lifted himself up and he quickly looked away, to hide his burning face from Hyukjae. Just what the hell was going on? Did Hyukjae really just call him cute? The teen swallowed thickly, feeling how his chest tightened with warmth. “You think than I’m… cute?” asked Donghee in disbelief.

 

“Oh … did I say that out loud?” said Hyukjae and squeezed his lips together, but then started laughing when he saw the teen’s reaction. Who would have thought that Donghee was so shy? To Hyukjae, that only made Donghee seem more adorable. “Oh well,” said Hyukjae with a smirk, not really minding Donghee to know that. “Yes, you are adorable.”

 

“That’s not funny,” said Donghee and crossed his arms. “I’m gonna punch you if you’re making fun of me.”

 

“I’m not,” said Hyukjae. “To be honest, I am quite surprised that some girl didn’t steal you away from me already,” went on by saying the older one, making Donghee more and more confused. Hyukjae had to be kidding, right?

 

“W-what are you trying to say?” asked Donghee carefully.

 

“Do you have a girlfriend?” asked Hyukjae bluntly.

 

“Of course not. Who would want to date someone like me?” asked Donghee and sighed.

 

“Me,” said Hyukjae quietly, but Donghee didn’t hear him.

 

“Plus, why would I have a girlfriend? I mean…” said Donghee and took a deep breath in. “I’m gay, Hyukjae,” said the teen quietly. “Didn’t I tell you this already?”

 

“No you didn’t,” said Hyukjae and his smile grew. “So do you have a boyfriend then?”

 

“No,” said Donghee and looked down.

 

“Do you have someone you like?” asked Hyukjae.

 

Donghee considered lying to the older one, but in the end decided not to. “Yeah,” said Donghee. “There is someone that I like.”

 

The corners of Hyukjae’s mouth dangerously twitched and he felt how jealousy started slipping into his heart. He didn’t like the thought of Donghee liking somebody. He needed to figure out who the younger one liked and then do everything that was in his power to make Donghee fall in love with him. Hyukjae sighed; just what the hell was he thinking? It was true that he had feelings for the teen and he was dying to have them returned, but forcing his feelings onto Donghee wasn’t right. Hurting Donghee was the last thing that Hyukjae wanted to do.

 

“Donghee, what do you think of me?” carefully asked Hyukjae.

 

Donghee felt how his heart fastened a bit and he pressed his lips together. Was that a trick question? He looked at Hyukjae, who was patiently looking back at him. “Umm, I think that you are a good friend,” said Donghee a little bit uncertain.

 

“That’s all?”

 

Donghee’s eyes widened. Of course that wasn’t all. Hyukjae was one of the most important people in his life. He wanted to tell him how much he meant to him and how being around him made him feel. But instead, nothing came out of Donghee’s mouth. Because of Donghee’s silence, Hyukjae felt how his heart sunk and he sighed… he should have known better. He thought that Donghee might feel the same as he did for him, but he guessed that he was wrong.

 

“No that’s not all!” said Donghee quickly after seeing the expression on Hyukjae’s face. “You are my best friend. I mean, you really are important to me,” said Donghee and studied Hyukjae’s expression. The older one felt how a bit of weight lifted off of his chest, but he still felt gloomy. “You are the best,” added Donghee and then stayed quiet.

 

“I see,” said Hyukjae.

 

“Then… what do you think of me?” tried Donghee, curious to hear what Hyukjae thought of him.

 

“It doesn’t matter.”

 

“But-”

 

“Now let’s do something fun. How about if we play that game that I bought for your birthday last month?” asked Hyukjae, because he tried to avoid answering Donghee’s question.

 

“Fine,” said Donghee, knowing that Hyukjae was keeping something from him. But for the time being, he decided to let it go.

 


A few hours later, Hyukjae and Donghee were still playing the game, having loads of fun, just like they always did. Both of them have completely forgotten about the previous awkward moment and when Hyukjae lost the game for the fourth time in the row, he placed the game controller next to him and leaned back against the couch.

 

“Game over,” he announced. “I give up, you win,” said Hyukjae, laughing.

 

“Yay, I win,” said Donghee happily and then leaned back as well.

 

Hyukjae’s smile widened and he nodded, happy to see the younger one’s childish side. It’s been almost a month since the two of them last hung out and the older one really missed it. The young man looked to his left and saw that Donghee was looking at him. Hyukjae returned him a tired smile and he then yawned.

 

“Feeling tired?” asked Donghee.

 

“Yeah,” said Hyukjae and rubbed his eyes. “Being in college ing . Be happy that you’re still in high school.”

 

“Being in high school blows as well,” said Donghee, making Hyukjae chuckle. “It seems like you are really working hard,” commented Donghee.

 

“Yeah I guess. I mean the next month is going to be horrible. A bunch of exams are coming up,” said Hyukjae. “After the exams are over, we should go somewhere together. Although, I don’t mind spending time with you here as well,” said Hyukjae. “It’s always fun when you’re around,” added Hyukjae and entangled his fingers into Donghee’s hair.

 

“W-we should go somewhere yeah,” said Donghee, feeling the embarrassment returning. After that, both of them stayed silent for a few moments. Hyukjae ran his fingers down Donghee’s neck and stopped them there, carefully studying’s his friend’s reaction. Donghee could hear his heart pounding in his ears and he was convinced that it was going to jump out of his chest. Because he didn’t want the other one to find out how fast his heart was beating, he quickly stood up, leaving Hyukjae completely confused.

 

“Did I do something wrong?” asked Hyukjae.

“N-no I’m just-” started Donghee and he took a few steps towards the kitchen. “Y-you know what… I’m going to grab us something to eat and you can umm, pick a movie. Yeah watching a movie together seems like a good idea, right?” asked Donghee and Hyukjae just had to chuckle. He knew that Donghee was always blabbering when he was nervous.

 

“Okay,” said Hyukjae and watched how the other one disappeared into the kitchen. In the end, Hyukjae shrugged and walked towards the TV. Next to it, there was a shelf with movies, which Donghee and his parents owned. After a few moments, Hyukjae picked a comedy to watch. He then prepared everything for the two of them to watch and waited for Donghee to return back from the kitchen. Donghee soon returned with bunch of snacks in his hands and placed them onto a small table, which was in front of them.

 

“Which movie did you pick?” asked Donghee.

 

“My favourite,” said Hyukjae and pressed play. The teen already knew which movie was Hyukjae’s favourite, so he smiled and nodded because he liked that movie as well. Donghee scooted a bit closer to Hyukjae and the older one chuckled, but didn’t say anything. Hyukjae then looked at the TV and started watching the movie, which he soon grew tired of. It was true that he loved it, but at that point that was the last thing that he wanted to do. Instead of the movie, he just wanted to talk with Donghee more.

 

As they continued to watch the movie, Hyukjae stopped a few times to look at Donghee, who looked like he was really enjoying himself. Hyukjae chuckled and gently ran his fingers through the teen's hair. Donghee was pretty into the movie. His focus was brought off of the screen when he felt Hyukjae touch his hair and he felt how embarrassment returned. His cheeks flared up in red and he looked over at the older. "Eh..?"

 

Hyukjae felt his own heart racing and he swallowed hard. He didn’t care anymore if Donghee didn’t have the same feelings as he did. He just needed to let the other one know how he felt about him. Plus that was the perfect moment and Hyukjae didn’t know when he would get a chance like that again. “I have to tell you something,” said Hyukjae, his eyes never leaving the sight of Donghee.

 

“What?”

 

Hyukjae took a few deep breaths in, trying to mentally prepare himself for his confession that he was going to have in front of his friend. Annoyed with himself for being such a coward, Hyukjae mentally slapped himself and then finally spoke what was on his mind. “Donghee, I… earlier when I asked you how you felt towards me,” started Hyukjae and Donghee flinched as the other one said that. “I have to tell you something as well, I mean how I feel for you. I don’t know if you have noticed till now, but I have feelings for you.”

Donghee’s eyes widened as Hyukjae said that and he felt as if he was dreaming. Did Hyukjae just confess to him? No, that couldn’t be it. It couldn’t be true. Just why someone like Hyukjae would be interested in someone like him? Not only that, but Donghee had never thought that his neighbour might like guys as well, so he just kind of gave up on the thought of going out with him. However now, things were slowly getting different. “You have feelings for me?” asked Donghee with a small voice, as if he was trying to make sure that what he heard was indeed true.

 

“Yeah,” said Hyukjae and chuckled when he saw how confused Donghee looked like. “I like you Donghee,” he said and gently placed his fingers under the teen’s face, lifting it up and forcing Donghee to look at him. He watched how the teen’s eyes grew wide and he chuckled yet again, making Donghee want to run away. Before the younger one could do or say anything else, Hyukjae gently brushed his lips against Donghee’s. When their lips touched, Donghee’s body stiffened and he panicked, because he didn’t know what to do as his brain was still working on understanding what was going on. Before he could kiss Hyukjae back, the other one already pulled back and gave him a tiny smile.

 

“I mean I was trying to let you know, but I don’t know… it seems like that you’re too oblivious,” said Hyukjae and sighed, leaning back against the sofa.

 

“N-no… I’ve noticed I just never thought that you might actually have f-feelings for me,” stuttered out the teen and then looked at Hyukjae. “I mean I really had no idea. How long have you felt this way about me?” went on Donghee and then brought his hand on his lips, skimming a few fingers over them, still feeling Hyukjae’s lips against his own. He couldn’t believe it… he just had his first kiss with Hyukjae!

 

Seeing Donghee reaction made Hyukjae wonder if he did the right thing by kissing him. When the other one spoke, Hyukjae relaxed a bit and smiled. “It’s been a while since I feel this way for you. I’ve always loved hanging out with you, you know and before I knew it… I just fell in love with you,” said Hyukjae. “It would be kind of weird if I didn’t.”

 

“Oh,” said Donghee, slowly nodding his head, not knowing what to do or say next. He was happy to hear that Hyukjae liked him. When he finally understood that his neighbour felt the same way as him, warmth started filling Donghee’s heart and a small smile came upon his lips.

 

“How do you feel about me?” slowly asked Hyukjae.

 

"Well, I'm certainly not going to lie and say I don't find you to be attractive or a really sweet guy." Donghee scooted a little close, placing his chubby hands on top of the older male's chest and looking up into his eyes. "But... Are you really sure you like a fatty like me? I don't really do much..." He spoke in a quiet voice, sounding like he was trying to still understand this, because it still felt like a dream. "You could do better."

 

Hyukjae's heartbeat fastened when Donghee put his hands on his chest. He wasn't really surprised with Donghee' words, because he knew that the teen didn't have a lot of confidence. Hyukjae titled his head, gently cupped Donghee' face and chuckled. "I am pretty sure that I like you, Donghee," spoke Hyukjae softly. "You know... you should be more confident about yourself. You are sweet and funny. Plus you are really cute," whispered Hyukjae and kissed the tip of Donghee' nose. "I don't want anyone else but you."

 

A smile came to Donghee's lips and his eyes lit up with a happiness. He wasn't surprised that Hyukjae would make I'm feel better about himself. He was always so sweet, it was one of the things he adored about him. "Thank you." He leaned his chin up and placed a soft kiss on Hyukjae’s lips before gazing up at him, again. "And I like you too,” he then said, looking away.

 

The older one felt how warmth filled his chest and he smiled, happy to hear that Donghee felt the same way as he did. Hyukjae hugged Donghee’s face once again and removed some of the hair, which was covering his eyes. Hyukjae smiled at Donghee' last words and nodded as he continued to play with Donghee' hair. He gave him another kiss, before pulling away. He took Donghee' hand into his own and gently squeezed it. "You know... I was so worried that you might not like me back," said Hyukjae and gently kissed the back of Donghee' palm. "And now... you made me very happy. Thank you."

 

Donghee smiled wider, finding Hyukjae's actions to be pure, cute and sweet. "Don't thank me, silly... You make me happy, too.”

 

The teen then leaned against Hyukjae’s body and buried his face into the crook of the older one’s neck, making the older one chuckle at the process. Donghee really was so happy that he could die. Taking a deep breath in, the teen slowly lifted his head up and placed his lips on top of Hyukjae’s, giving him a quick and shy kiss. Before Donghee pulled away, Hyukjae returned him a quick kiss. He smiled at Donghee' words and he nodded. His eyes met the other ones' and he placed a hand behind Donghee' neck, pulling him in yet for another kiss. "You're so cute," he whispered before kissing Donghee' forehead, cheeks and eyelids.

 

 

Donghee allowed himself to gaze into the beautiful eyes that Hyukjae possessed, admiring them for a split second before his eyes closed when Hyukjae kissed him. His cheeks flushed bright red as he was called cute. The teen bit his lips gently as he felt the kisses go to different places on his face. "Hyukjae…"

 

Adrenaline started spreading through the older ones' body when Donghee softly called his name. "Donghee," breathed Hyukjae out, pressing his forehead against Donghee's. He then slowly pulled away, still holding the teen's face in his palms.

 

Hyukjae then captured Donghee's lips with his own once again. He then placed his hand behind Donghee’s neck and pulled him even closer. Donghee smiled into the kiss and returned the older one a slow kiss. He still wasn't sure if he was doing a good job, so he let Hyukjae lead their kiss. Donghee placed his hands onto Hyukjae's chest and then gripped his shirt.

 

Hyukjae slightly tilted his head, to slightly deepen their kiss. He gently ran his tongue over the teen's bottom lip. As unexperienced as Donghee was, he didn't know how to react. Instead of opening his mouth, he pressed his lips tightly together. Hyukjae frowned when he saw Donghee's reaction and then his soft laughter filled the room. Donghee opened his eyes and blushed at the realisation that Hyukjae was laughing at him.

 

"Oh sorry, I didn't mean to laugh at you," said Hyukjae. "It's just that you did completely opposite of what I wanted you to do. Next time, open your mouth slightly," he added.

"S-Sorry," Donghee said and wanted to die. He was beyond embarrassed.

 

"Do you want to try it again?"

 

Donghee slowly nodded and his heartbeat became rapid when Hyukjae kissed him again. After returning the older one a kiss, Donghee closed his eyes and slightly opened his mouth, just like Hyukjae wanted him to do. Hyukjae chuckled when he saw Donghee, but continued the kiss by slowly slipping his tongue into the other's mouth. Hyukjae's tongue started slowly exploring and tasting the teen's mouth. Donghee whimpered from the new sensation. He had never felt like that before; he was both happy and scared. When Hyukjae's tongue brushed against his, he let out a quiet moan and tried to mimic Hyukjae's moves.

 

Happy that Donghee has finally relaxed, Hyukjae deepened their kiss even more, earning another moan from the shy teen. Hyukjae continued by wrapping his arms around Donghee and Donghee wrapped his arms around Hyukjae's neck. While having their lips still locked, Hyukjae gently pushed Donghee back against the couch and the teen slowly laid down. Hyukjae chuckled and then laid on top of Donghee, which made the teen break their kiss and his eyes became wide as his heart started racing.

 

Hyukjae noticed the worried expression on Donghee's face and his lips curled into a small smile. "Don't worry, I won't do anything that you wouldn't like," he whispered and Donghee's blush deepened again. He gave the other one a peck onto the lips and then he got up. He laid down next to Donghee and sighed happily. Donghee felt how a wave of relief washed over him when Hyukjae laid down next to him.

 

"I'm so happy," suddenly said the teen and looked over to Hyukjae.

 

"Me too," said Hyukjae.

 

Donghee then moved closer to Hyukjae and the older one placed his head on top of Donghee’s chest, listening to the teen’s fast hearbeat. Hyukjae looked up and smiled when he saw how Donghee closed his eyes. Hyukjae put his arm around the other one's shoulders and closed his own eyes. Hyukjae sighed and smiled; he hasn't felt so happy in a long time. It was same for Donghee, if someone would tell him that Hyukjae would have the same feelings as him before, he would call them crazy. But now… he didn’t even care anymore. He was so happy that Hyukjae felt the same way as he did. At that thought Donghee felt how his heart swell with happiness and warmth and he let out a happy sigh. For the first time, he was finally happy and excited to see what the future was going to bring for him and Hyukjae. He knew that there would be difficult times, but as long as Hyukjae was there with him, he knew that he would be able to overcome all obstacles.