heat wave

The Boys (BTS Collection)

Jimin meets a cute boy in the heat of summer.  (Yoonmin)


It was a typical summer day and although the heat wave was unbearable, Jimin still dragged himself out of bed to go meet up with his friends.

Jimin hadn't seen them in a while and thought that if he didn't see them soon, he would go crazy from missing them too much. The loud mouth Taehyung and the bratty Jungkook were his best friends, even though they made fun of him from time to time.

Jimin opened the door to the cafe they decided to meet up at and was surprised to see three new faces sitting at the same table as Taehyung and Jungkook. Taehyung saw him immediately and waved him over, his loud voice bellowing out Jimin's name. As Jimin settled down in the seat next to Taehyung he was faced with a pale skinned boy in front of him, his mouth set in a frown.

"This is my boyfriend, Hoseok." Taehyung exclaimed as he gestured towards the male beside him, "And this is my best friend Jimin."

"Nice to meet you, I was starting to doubt if anyone would take an interest in this alien." Jimin chuckled as he reached over to shake Hoseok's hand.

"Sadly I was stuck with him during the same shifts at work, things happened and now he's my alien." Hoseok grinned, his cheekbones high. Taehyung gave him a pout, his bottom lip jutting out but it was diminished when Hoseok pecked him on the lips.

"Please keep the PDA to a minimum." The boy in front of Jimin groaned with disgust, his voice a lower octave than Jimin would have thought.

"You're just jealous no one wants to deal with your negatively hyung." Another male with silver hair said, "I forgot to introduce myself, Namjoon. I'm Jungkook's tutor and this guy here is Yoongi."

"Shut up Namjoon, it's not like anyone wants to deal with your picky either." Yoongi bit back, his frown set into a deeper line.

"Jungkook surely does." Namjoon said, his eyes looking over at the now blushing maknae of the group.

"It's cause he has to, not that he wants to." Yoongi said, "Is anyone going to take my order or do I have to make this myself?" Yoongi groaned as he flipped through the menu in front of him.

"Don't mind him, he's just tired and tends to be a little mean when he is." Namjoon reassured with a smile.

Jimin nodded his head and took in the boy in front of him, he was definitely older than Jimin but his round cheeks and sparkling eyes made him youthful. His auburn hair reflected nicely in the sunlight and even if Jimin didnt want to admit it to himself, this Yoongi had a pair of lips that he wouldnt mind kissing. Jimin also had an urge in him that wanted to kiss away the frown that seemed to be a permanent fixture on Yoongi's face.

They chatted for a bit while drinking their various drinks before deciding to head back to Namjoon's place to hang out a little more. Jimin usually warms up to people quiet easily but whenever he tried to strike up a conversation with Yoongi, the words got stuck in his throat and he was left there looking like an idiot.

He wasn't sure why he was having such a hard time but decided that it was the heat and offered to go out and buy some drinks and snacks before going to Namjoon's house.

"Yoongi can go with you, let him get some sun on that pale skin of his." Namjoon exclaimed before shoving Yoongi towards him. Yoongi grimaced but followed along anyway. As they headed towards the store, Jimin began to feel nervous because of the awkward silence that stretched between them.

Clearing his throat he decided to say something, "So, how do you know Namjoon?"

"I met him in high school, we both liked music so we hit it off pretty well. Even though sometimes I would rather get burned alive than be in the same room as him." Yoongi said, his eyes casted down on his feet.

Jimin chuckled a little, "He can't be that bad right? I mean he offered to tutor Jungkook for free when he doesnt have a reason to."

"No reason? There's always a reason with that guy and I'm going to lean towards the reason of getting into Jungkook's pants, especially since he's been so lately. The heat is really getting to him." Yoongi snorted, as he opened the door for Jimin to walk through.

"I guess the heat is getting to everyone, but Jungkook isn't that easy of a target." Jimin said as he remembered his embarrassing confession in middle school to Jungkook, which was very sadly shot down and dismissed within minutes.

"Namjoon likes working hard for what he wants and Jungkook is just another one of things he wants. I mean, I hope he doesnt hurt the kid too much but Namjoon is more of the hit it and quit it type than anything else." Yoongi said, eyeing the alcohol before deciding to grab some.

"Jungkook is smarter than that, he would see that type of guy from a mile away." Or so Jimin thought, as he paid for the snacks and beverages before following behind Yoongi to Namjoon's house.

When they arrived, Taehyung was already snuggled up to Hoseok, the couple laughing over something that was on the TV screen. Jimin went to see where he should set down the beverages and snacks but stopped when he heard Jungkook giggling. He quietly walked over to where the noise was coming from and peeked in to see Namjoon nuzzling Jungkook's neck.

Jimin didn't know what to think but there was a bit of jealousy bubbling in his chest from the sight. How can Jungkook fall for some guy that just wanted to get into his pants? Jimin huffed, he was not about to let his best friend get hurt so easily. Jimin was about to go into the kitchen and interrupt them but was pulled away before he could.

"You dont want to do that." Yoongi said as he grabbed Jimin's wrist and started to lead him down a hallway.

"But I dont want Jungkook to get hurt..." Jimin said as he stumbled behind Yoongi. His cheeks turning a pretty shade of pink as he felt the warmth that radiated from Yoongi's fingers.

"I was kidding about that whole thing, Namjoon genuinely really likes that brat and I dont want to ruin anything for him." Yoongi said as he lead Jimin to a room. Yoongi let go of Jimin's wrist to plop himself down on the couch. Jimin would be lying if he said he didnt feel regretful when those warm fingers left his wrist. Looking around the room he could tell it was someone's bedroom, with a computer desk to the side and plenty of notebooks piled on top. The bed to his left was hastily made with it's covers slightly crooked and the pillows thrown everywhere. "Come sit." Yoongi said, patting the seat next to him.

Jimin nodded, a faint blush coloring his cheeks before he sat down next to him. Jimin placed the bag of drinks in his hands onto the table before gazing around the room.

Jimin became nervous again, his hands turning sweaty but he blamed it on the heat even though the entire apartment was blasted with air conditioning. The true fact was that Yoongi was so close to him that it made it hard to breathe. Yoongi was a really attractive boy, with his pale skin begging to be marked up and his pink lips waiting to be bruised.

"Let's drink something to loosen up, okay?" Yoongi said, taking two bottles of beer out of the bag and opening both before handing one to Jimin. Jimin thanked Yoongi before taking a timid sip, the cool and somewhat sweet taste on his tongue. "So are you always this quiet? Jungkook told me youre quiet the talker." Yoongi said, leaning back on the arm of the couch to face Jimin.

"I'm j-just," Jimin cleared his throat because he was not going to become a blubbering mess in front of the first decently attractive guy he's seen all summer. "I'm just a little nervous."

"Mmm, why is that?" Yoongi asked, his voice dropping a octave lower.

"It might or might not be because I think you're cute." Jimin said, averting his eyes away as he took another sip of the bottle in his hand.

"So which is it?" Yoongi asked, giving Jimin a lazy smirk.

Jimin blushed harder as Yoongi moved closer to him. "I uh- think youre cute?"

"That doesnt sound too convincing." Yoongi said, his fingers inching up Jimin's thigh. They were one of the most nicest thighs he's ever laid his hands on, and hoped that this wouldnt be the only time he does. Jimin took a sharp breath in as he felt Yoongi's fingers playing up and down his thigh, his eyes flitting towards Yoongi's lips once more. They really did look extremely soft and before he registered what was happening he already had leaned in and brush his lips against the other.

"Convincing enough?" Jimin whispered, feeling butterflies fluttering in his stomach.

"Mmm, I think I need another taste." Yoongi replied before reattaching their lips again. The warmth and plushness of Jimin's lips sent Yoongi's heart racing, they were so perfect that he never wanted to stop kissing them.

Yoongi bite Jimin's bottom lip, asking for permission and with a breathy moan Jimin opened his mouth. All Jimin could concentrate on was the intoxicating scent that radiated off of Yoongi's body, a hint of  a sweet and musky smell blended together perfectly. Yoongi's tongue glided over every cavern of Jimin's mouth, the roof of his mouth and on his tongue.

With steady fingers Jimin nestled his hand on the back of Yoongi's head, pulling and feeling the softness of his hair. Yoongi continued to relentlessly kiss Jimin, his fingers dancing up and down Jimin's side.

Finally they both pulled away to breath, both faces flushed with excitement and lust. "I have a confession to make." Yoongi said, his fingers intertwining with Jimin's.

Jimin looked at the cute boy in front of him, his heart pounding wildly against his chest. "Hmm?" Jimin hummed.

"This entire thing was a setup," Yoongi said nervously. Jimin made a disappointed face, of course it is, how can such a cute boy be interested in him? "Let me rephrase that, I've had my eye on you for a while now. Wow, now that sounds creepy. I was the barista at the coffee shop you went to about two weeks ago, Suga Sweets?"

"Mm hm..." Jimin said, trying to think back two weeks ago if he had seen Yoongi then.

"Of course I was in the back so you probably didnt see me." Yoongi said, scratching the back of his head, "What I'm trying to say is, will you go on a date with me?"

"I'll think about it." Jimin giggled, untwining their fingers and getting up from the couch.

"Where are you going?" Yoongi asked, confusion knitting his eyebrows.

"To tell my friends that I have a date with a creepy cute stalker who works at Suga Sweets." Jimin winked before leaving the room.