001: Peculiar Meeting

Peculiar Date

Will it be the beginning? Nobody knows. Everything unexpected doesn't come in purpose. So they met coincidentally.

The actor ended the interview longer than he expected it would be. Two hours and a half. He took the mineral bottle and drank it empty. One of the staffs told him that he can go back to the waiting room, because all work is done. Before going to the restroom, he decided to wash his face in the restroom. Heavy days were his routines. To become an actor wasn't as easy as people think. His dad was against his choice to become an actor. In fact, until this seconds, but he was success enough to prove his dad wrong. After side by side played along various famous actors/actresses, he rapidly rose in popularity. Interviews, photoshoots, and a lot of variety shows to attend. Many bids of fortune indeed came, but still, he needed a break.

He stared at his reflection on the mirror. Wow Park Bogum, you didn't even realize that your eyebags would be this easily seen. He quickly washed his face and did his thing. He got out from the restroom and walked back to the waiting room. On his way to go back, he caught his attention to a noise from the other side of the building. It sounded like a cat fighting.. or was that a weasel? But why would a weasel appear in a broadcasting station building? Because of his curiousity and the boredom he knew he would get in the waiting room, he searched the source of the noises. He expected it would be a cat because there is no way that a weasel would appear, but his expectation was wrong. It was a weasel, indeed. With a man?

He came closer to the man and the weasel. He observed for a while what was going on. Based on what he saw, the man was caressing the weasel. The weasel was not that small nor that big. It has the size of a squirrel? He didn't really know. When he got quite close with the man, his observation finally came to an end because it wasn't just another man, it was that idol singer that every girls would cry for.

"Ah.. Kim Taehyung-ssi?" he said nervously while walked closer to the idol.

The idol flinched immediately and turned to face the actor. The idol's eyes got really wide and stood up. He was still holding the weasel.

"S-Sorry?" he smiled awkwardly and moved his head forward. The idol somewhat looked confused despite the way he smiled. But the one who was more confused is the actor.

"Ah- I'm Park Bogum. I just finished my interview for a magazine a while ago."

The idol didn't respond anything, he blinked a few times that the actor could even count, and he nodded. It was somehow awkward. But there was this gut that the actor hold for a while to talk to the idol.

And then there was a long sickening awkward silence. The idol kept staring at the actor which made the actor felt horribly awkward. When the actor was about to break the silence, the weasel jumped out from the idol's hold and ran fast through the hall.

The actor and the idol yelled in symphony. "AAH-!"

"Follow me and get that little rascal quickly!" the idol said with wide eyes.

Despite his shock attack, the idol looked millions way more calm than the actor. Because the actor didn't know what the is going on right now. The idol held his hand firmly and said, "COME ON! GO!!"

He ran quick to get the weasel and left the actor standing confusingly. The actor ended up following the idol. He was freaking tired yet he kept running.

They had been running for fifteen minutes. They stopped at the lobby and sat down the guest sofa. They were both panting and sweating. Because of fifteen minutes run, of course.

"We gotta get up and find i-" when the idol was speaking and about to get up, his hands were being hold by the actor and pulled to sit back.

The actor stared weirdly at the idol. "Kim Taehyung-ssi.."

"Yes?" he answered nonchalantly. Probably of all people Park Bogum met in his life, this guy surprised him the most. I mean, how come an idol after a long tiring day still be able to take his spirit up running here and there. Then the idol looked down on his hand that still being held firmly by the other guy.

Park Bogum realized it and let go immediately. He ran his hands over his face and sighed. "We should just call the security to catch it. It will get more easier. I'll go to the security right now." he got up and hestitated for a second. If he leave, then he wouldn't have the chance to talk to him again.. he thought. Then he said something out of sudden, "Wait here."

Wait, wait.. what the hell am I doing? Why would I get interesed in taking care of a weasel? No, wait. Why did I tell him to wait?

After finished this weasel business with the security he went back to the lobby. I should have known. The idol was none to be found. He exhaled and rolled his eyes. What was he doing in the first place.

 

//

 

"Do you want to end it here? You have 30 minutes break, if you want." the staff informed him and offered him a mineral bottle. He nodded and sat down. Today was not that tiring, he said to himself. "I'm done with my break. I still can go." he got up confirming the staff. And he continued his work.

The shooting ended at 2 p.m. The staff told him that he need to meet his manager at that broadcasting station building because there is something to talk. He said yes and left to the building with his companies.

Finished his talk with his manager-noona, he left for the restroom. Yes he stared at his reflection on the mirror again. Rumours went on around about him having a girlfriend. Ridiculous, because he did nothing all this time but work. The only girl he ever went out with recently was his manager-noona, which if we look at the fact, that she is 37 - married - have a 6 years old daughter and an older son. Three newshawkers came up to him three days ago. And it increased days after days. He was glad that his fans were not all-girls. Because if he had fans like usual idol had, he would be dead by now because of this dating rumour. Idol.. he suddenly remembered what happened a week ago. He thought that when the other stereotypical idols kept their image on/off stage, how come that this weasel-chaser idol could be that open to express himself.

After a long break he took, he got out from the restroom. He decided to go back home at first. Then he suddenly heard yet another noises from the other side of the building. Are they holding a new animal variety show or what? He walked to the source of the noise. This time, he was positive that it must have been a new animal variety show. But his expectation was wrong all over again and his confirmation about a new animal variety show was being thrown off when he saw, this time, a pigeon. With a man.

An idol singer, to be exact.

He didn't realize he sighed heavily when he got closer to the idol. "A pigeon, is it?"

The idol turned to face the actor. "This one looks like you." he said with a cheerful smile on his face. The pigeon was hanging on the edge of the waiting bench along the hall. "Park Bogum-ssi, I think this guy is hurting somewhere. Because it can't fly."

The actor widened his eyes. This idol remembered my name. He squatted to see closer to the pigeon. Then the idol did the same.

"Of course it can't fly because it's indoor. Let's release it outside." the actor suggested.

"I can't go outside. I still have something to do. And if I go outside, the hyungs will get mad at me for doing things on my own again."

There was a glint of sadness in the idol's eyes. But the actor understood enough. So he decided to release the pigeon alone. And a sudden burst of wait here for me. The actor walked outside without failing to notice a nod he got from the idol. He released the pigeon from the back entrance of the building and walked back to the hall again. It wasn't like he didn't expect for the guy to wait, but there was a feeling that the idol would left. He understood how busy the idol is, he understood enough. But when he walked past the hall, that idol is sitting on the bench quietly. The actor came closer to the other guy who was smiling innoncently and sat down next to him.

"You remembered my name." the actor said. Finally felt relaxed because this time it wasn't that awkward. He didn't want to recall the first awkward meeting a week ago.

"Of course. I watched your drama, Park Bogum-ssi. Everybody in the dorm watched except Rap Monster-hyung and Suga-hyung."

"Ah, I see. Tell them to watch so the rating will raise up." he chuckled, "Anyway what do you mean that the pigeon looked like me?"

The other guy replied with innocent chuckles. He stopped chuckling, smiled awkwardly with a touch of guilty, and rubbed his nape nervously, "I don't know. I just recalled me and Park  Bogum-hyung's first meeting a week ago."

Hyung? Cute.. no wonder why all girls determines everything for him. "You're a really busy idol, eh? You don't look tired."

"Ah really? I'm the most obvious in the group when I'm tired. I guess I am tired, but less people notice it. Haha, hyung, you have that obvious eyebags too." the idol laughed and pointed his fingers towards the actor's eyes. The actor flustered but laughed back.

And they talked about a lot of things. Like how if Taehyung could be an actor, he would take a mental-illness patient role. Taehyung also told the actor how they have been really busy with the promoting lately and it would end this weekend. The actor realized how heavy it is for an idol. It was no different for him though. The actor found out how Taehyung likes animal a lot, that explained why Taehyung is familiar with the weasel and the pigeon. He told him how they barely have any day-offs. Again, it was no different. The actor also told the other guy how he got the dating rumours around him. They laughed together. And they talked for how long they didn't realize until someone called the actor's name. It was his manager-noona. She came closer to them and they got up. The idol bowed and greeted her. She greeted him back. She informed the actor that they have to leave for schedule. He nodded and told her alright noona I'll catch up to you in a minute. She left them to wait in the parking lot.

"I've got to leave. It was nice talking to you, Taehyung-ssi. We should talk again sometimes." he smiled and got up.

The idol replied with a bow and a wide-grin on his face. "We will run to each others again sooner or later, hyung."

The actor agreed on that because yes sooner or later they might be. Maybe or maybe not with the accompany of other kinds of animal. They both laughed on that. He was sure it is going to end with typical see you laters and he'll walk away to come back to his routine. But seems like God is opposing every expectations he had these past few weeks. Well guess what, it ended with KakaoTalk ID exchanges.

Oh yes, it wasn't that shocking at all. He walked away by continously looking at his phone screen. He didn't realize he was grinning throughout the entire walk to the parking lot. His manager-noona wore a confused smirking face but she didn't really care. They got in the car and left the place.

 

The actor wondered why he was grinning. But he was sure it wasn't because that finally he befriended a popular idol. Not that, not that. Of all reasons, he was attracted by his curiousity on wanting to know more about this peculiar idol guy. He was sure there was something on him.

 

Maybe that was what they called an attraction.

 


 [ Notes ] 

I don't really know the real personality of Park Bogum so I just made it out here. I watched his drama, "I Remember You" by the way. Yes, because my son played a role as a cold-blooded murderer in the first and second episode there. Coughs. It's not the end, y'all! It will be 2-shots. Please anticipate and don't forget to leave feedbacks~ TT