SIXTEEN

Twins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With the phone tightly held to her ears, and heart thumping loudly against her chest, she waited and waited for the other one to pick up but it went into the voicemail.

She dialed again.

Again.

And again.

Still, Hyemi did not pick up her call.

Running as fast as her legs could bring her, she ran past a few passerby who gave her questioning looks which she ignored. There’s no time to spare. Just what could have happened to the older one that she didn’t answer her calls? Did something bad really happen? Just what?

When the flower shop signboard came into sight, she quickens her pace and was finally standing in front of the shop but the shop was in a mess. The flower petals, the pieces and bits of glass vases and pots scattered all over the place as if a tornado just went pass. And most importantly, her sister was not in sight.

 

“Unnie?”

 

She called out, in hope to get a respond back but there was no reply. Where is she?

 

“Mrs. Kim?”

 

Still, no respond.

Carefully not to step on broken glass, Hyejoo entered the shop. Everything there was practically destroyed and she grew very worried of the older one. Is she safe?

She was about to leave when she saw a figure lying on the floor behind the counter. Her knees went weak when she saw her sister, unconscious with a few cuts and bruises on her cheeks and arms.

 

“UNNIE!!!” She screamed, holding her fragile body in her arms. Shakily, she felt for Hyemi’s pulse and she was too frightened and scared that her fingers couldn’t stop shaking. She took a few shaky breaths and she finally felt it. She’s still alive, thankfully.

 

“HELP! PLEASE SOMEONE HELP.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter