final

The Strongest Do Cry

I saw her again. I saw her standing in front of the dance glass with that expression of hers. She looked exhausted; frustated. It was hard to see her smile, when she was looking at her own reflection. Everytime she woke up, and saw her appearance on the mirror, she did that expression. I wondered why.

 
So, I asked.
 
She said that, all she could see were the imperfections—all the proof that she was not right.
 
I was just staring at her as she told me that. Why? I didn't know; I was always wondering. Why was she thinking that way? 
 
She was always perfect in my eyes. Always. She was the strongest person I knew; the best. But, behind those eyes; the world was hiding. Where she felt safe—and so alone. All those scars that kept her fighting for a place she could call her own.
 
It hit me when I realised how fragile she was. The way she kept a smile on her face when her heart was screaming and asking for mercy because she was tired; and she ended up by crying silently in her room.
 
I always knew.
 
I always knew everytime she needed me.
 
The way she called my name,
 
"Seulgi."
 
Her tired voice lingered in my ears as she wrapped her arms around me and nuzzled her face againts my back that made me turn around to pull her into my embrace, so I could give her a warm kiss on her forehead. And then she started to cry in my embrace.
 
I wished I could do more things; I wish I could do something more than saying those 'I love you's into her ears. More than just hugging and kissing her when she needed me. I wanted to be more useful. Because, she meant so much to me.
 
I wiped those tears from her flawless face. 
 
"A new struggle comes everyday. But, I know sometimes, we gotta be lost to find; to find our way. Don’t be afraid," I pulled her closer and poked her nose as I smiled. "Joohyunnie."
 
Her lips curved upward, a light chuckle escaped from her throath as she buried her face inside my warmth. 
 
That was all.
 
That was all I want to see.
 
Her smile.
 
I kept staring at her when she mumbled,
 
"Thank you, Seulgi."
 
I nodded, and gave her another kisses on her lips.
 
All these times, I always thought that she was the strongest person I had ever seen. Well, she was.
 
She was our leader. 
 
Red Velvet's precious leader.
 
My leader.
 
But, it taught me. No matter how strong the people were. They cried when no one was looking. We did try not to be scared on the outside; but I knew that there was strength from the fall.

Because, it was not weak, to be weak at all.