Final

Picture Perfect

 

                Jinki held his camera gently in his hands while looking around to look for something pretty. Yes, pretty. That’s what his teacher had given to him and his other classmates in his photography class, a task for them to take a picture of anything they found the prettiest. Jinki didn’t think it was that hard till he went to the park and search for that something pretty for hours there.

Jinki went to an area full of colorful flowers at the park. He began to take pictures of the flowers and compared it with the other pictures he had taken before to see which one is the prettiest. But he’s still not satisfied so he began clicking his camera again till his lens accidentally captured an angel. Jinki quickly looked back at the photo right after he had taken the picture. Beautiful, Jinki thought to himself. He looked back up and searched for the angel again. He let out a relief sigh once he saw the pretty man was sitting on a bench nearby. He had finally found the prettiest flower.

       He took out his camera again and took a few shots of the young man who’s just sitting on the bench, looking at the flowers till he looked up and his eyes caught Jinki taking pictures of him. Jinki blushed once he realized he didn’t bat an eyelid after seeing the angel and the fact that he saw him doing his ‘dirty work’. Jinki immediately turned around and pretended to take pictures of the trees, the birds, everything around him except for the pretty boy. His face was as red as the roses there, he could eventually disguise as one.

       What the hell Jinki what was that? Why did you stared at him for that long oh my god stupid Jinki, Jinki hit his head as he recalled back the way that boy looked at him. Jinki looked back at the pictures he had taken of the boy on his camera. His feline eyes were both sparkling and beautiful, the way he smiled in the pictures, he felt like it could light up the streets at night. He can become a fan for this boy and took pictures of him forever. But then he would have to follow him everywhere he goes, every day. He sounded like a stalker, he thought, this boy is no idol.

 Jinki shook his head at the nonsense thought and continued looking at the pictures. He was so astounded with this exquisite creature that he kept looking at the pictures again and again until a hand landed on his shoulders that made him startled and almost dropped his precious camera.

Jinki heard a chuckle from behind him. He quickly hugged his camera tightly, for safety, and turned around to see the cursed person who made him shocked. His eyes grew twice its size when he saw the victim of his dirty work standing in front of him.

He looks even more beautiful up close, his lips, his eyes, his skin, even that small mole on his right cheek. Wait what, Jinki couldn’t help but blushed at the thought. Jinki came back from his trance when a hand was held in front of him. He looked up at the boy who was smiling sweetly like a pink cotton candy before he took his delicate soft hand and shook it.

“My name is Kibum,” the younger man said, looking at him with his crescent-shaped eyes as he smiled.

 “Um, aren’t you gonna let go?” Kibum asked and chuckled when he saw how frantic Jinki looked when he realized he had been holding the boy’s hand longer than he intended to. Jinki wiped his now sweaty hand at his jeans and looked at the grass beneath him to hide his flushed face before Kibum cleared his throat and made Jinki looked back up to him.

“Oh.. um.. yeah. I’m Jinki,” he smiled nervously and scratched his non-itchy neck. His heart was beating so hard he thought his ribcage would break. God why are you acting like a fool Lee Jinki he might think of something else about you later, Jinki slapped his face which made Kibum cocked an eyebrow at the man’s weird action. 

“So, what are you doing here? I haven’t seen you around before. Where do you live? And what you got there?” Kibum bombed Jinki with questions which made the elder confused and didn’t know what to answer first. But then he saw Kibum pointed out at the camera that was in his embrace so he took out the camera, focused the lens on Kibum and took a shot of him. He looked at the taken picture, smiling at Kibum’s confused face before turning his attention back to the person in front of him.

“I had an assignment to do which is to take a picture of something pretty that’s why I’m here, hoping to find some pretty flowers but,” Jinki closed his eyes and let out a long sigh. He didn’t know taking pictures was going to be tiring.

 “But why are there pictures of me?” Kibum asked with his soft little voice. Jinki opened his eyes and was shocked to find his camera was now in the hands of the boy in front of him. Jinki’s face was turning red again for the nth time, he didn’t realized when and how the boy got his camera.

He reached out his hands to grab the camera but Kibum turned around quickly and walked away a little far from him, his eyes still glued on the camera. “Kibum give it back. I was just taking pictures of the tree behind you, I swear,” he walked over to the younger but Kibum ran away when he saw Jinki coming to him. Jinki sighed and sprinted towards him, but Kibum kept getting further and further away from him. Jinki was panting and sweating like crazy, so much for an old man to run.  

Jinki stopped to catch his breath when he saw Kibum at the flower hill, still looking at the camera, smiling. “Are you sure it was the tree? Because I look nicer than the tree here,” he showed a picture of him looking at the flowers with only half of the tree’s trunk at the back. Jinki wasn’t sure if his face was red because of the running or because he’s embarrassed.

Kibum liked the pictures taken by Jinki, the way everything around him was blurred and he only focused on him like he’s the only one in Jinki’s eyes. Kibum flushed as he scanned through more pictures of him smiling, making weird expressions and when he looked at Jinki’s camera. To be honest, he felt a little creepy. Jinki looked like a stalker for having so many photos of him but he knew his now beating heart was saying something else.

Then he suddenly landed on his back when a weight pushed him down onto the flowers, groaning in pain but he hugged the camera tightly so that he won’t let go of it. “Kibum, please… give it back,” he heard the older whining when he still won’t release the camera from his grasp. Jinki sighed in defeat when the younger turned his back towards him, facing the flowers with the camera in his embrace.

“Okay, okay I admit it. I took pictures of you because… because.. um..” the spund of the wind took over after Jinki didn’t finish his sentence. Kibum glanced a little over his shoulder to see Jinki biting his lips then covered his face with his hands. Kibum got up and trudge over to the embarrass man. He suddenly felt guilty for taking away his camera.

“Because?” he pulled the elder’s hands away from his face and put the camera on them. Somehow Jinki’s flushed face was making Kibum’s heart pounding. So beautiful, just a rose, he thought as Jinki gladly took the camera back. He looked up to see the pretty boy’s gaze was on him and both of them was lost in each other’s stares for a few seconds before Jinki opened his mouth to speak.

“Be..Because.. You are the prettiest flower I’ve ever seen,” Kibum swore he could hear his heart thumping in his hears after Jinki said that. He wanted to say something but all he could say was an ‘oh’ and a ‘thank you’ and looked down at his feet.

“A-ah I hope you wouldn’t mind if I use this picture for my assignment,” Kibum just nodded at Jinki’s request. He didn’t know why his mouth couldn’t form any kind of words at that moment. He wanted to ask Jinki where he lived, where he’s studying, his number, his hobbies, everything but before he knew it Jinki had excused himself, said his thank you and gave a bow before he ran away, out of Kibum’s sight.

Why are you so stupid Kibum. Why?

 

~*~*~

 As always, Kibum was at the park again that evening. Actually, he went to the park almost every day since his mother had passed away. As a florist’s son, his mother always took him to the park and taught him about the flowers and trees ever since he was little. They even planted some of the flowers there, which made the park more memorable.

  Kibum walked over to one of the rose bushes and kneeled down to take a closer look at the red beauty. He suddenly missed Jinki because of the way he resembled the roses when his face was flushed. He giggled as he recalled the way Jinki looked when he’s embarrassed and picked on a rose’s petal when he heard the sound of a camera clicking. Kibum looked up and got up quickly to face the owner of the camera.

“Jinki..” he muttered, and the older just smiled making his eyes narrowed as if he was closing his eyes.

“I got C+ for that picture of you, guess the teacher was blind. But don’t be sad, to me you will always get A+,” Jinki exclaimed in excitement which made Kibum laughed. But then they fell back into silence, eyes wandering around the park, hands scratching their heads and all they could hear was the sound of the children playing. Both of them didn’t know what to say until Kibum started to revoice.

“So, um.. Wanna take a stroll around the park?” Jinki looked at the younger and nodded eagerly like a little kid. He held out his hand which Jinki took it gladly and pulled him closer so that they can walk side by side.

“So, tell me about yourself, Jinki.”

     


A/N: zzzz i'm sorry this must be so bland i don't even know why i wrote it but i did it lmao. please comment thank you love you <3