black and white

paint me colours

No one knows when it started happening, but it became a normal occurrence over the last decade as more and more people began experiencing it. Most people who experienced it described it as a life-changing experience where colours you have never seen before flashes across your eyes when you come in contact with your soul mate. Kyungsoo had been dreaming about this experience as a child, everything about this seemed so magical to him and he couldn't wait until he was old enough.

He met Jongin at a dance competition, believe it or not. It was a surreal experience because Kyungsoo never thought he would watch a ballet competition in his whole life. Granted it was at an international competition for all kind of dances but Kyungsoo was more of a hip hop person. Seeing Jongin dance was something special to Kyungsoo and it became even more special when he finds out that Jongin goes to the same school except Jongin is never there half the time because of competition.

Jongin finally enrolled full time at school half a year after Kyungsoo knew him due to a recent injury that forced Jongin to put a temporary stop to his dancing career. It was an understatement to say that Jongin was devastated, it took the school some serious convincing for Jongin to drop out of his dance class. Jongin and Kyungsoo became friends after that thanks to a school project in a class the school had decided to place Jongin in instead of dance. 

As per usual, Kyungsoo sit across Jongin on the bench near the courtyard as he focused on his Chemistry homework. Jongin on the other hand had his headphone plugged in, probably listening to one of the classical compositions again. After a while, Kyungsoo let out a yawn as he lighting tap Jongin on the arm. Jongin didn't look up but rather just handed Kyungsoo another snack bar from his bag, Kyungsoo grinned in return. This continue on for another 30 minutes before Kyungsoo blindly reaches across the table for his water bottle at the same time Jongin does too. Their hands touched briefly but something Kyungsoo never experienced and had always been dreaming about before happened. 

A burst of colours flashed across Kyungsoo's eyes as he make contact with Jongin who was across from him. It was nothing like he ever seen before, everything was vivid and it was the most amazing thing he had ever encountered. Unable to hide his excitement of finding his soul mate, he blurted out the only thought on his mind. 

"Do you see it too?" 

A minute passed before the younger boy looked up with a confused expression as his eyebrows scrunched together. It was as if Jongin thought Kyungsoo was crazy for asking that question. 

"What are you talking about?" 

The smile disappeared off Kyungsoo's face as he feel his heart drop down to the bottomless pit of his stomach before he quickly feign ignorance and smiled back at Jongin

"Nothing, don't mind me."   


Author Note: I don't know what happened here, pls forgive me. Obviously there is a lot of ty grammar problems going on but forgive me for that~ Have fun reading!