final

Unexpected

Choi Minho is a very famous model who, expectedly, is very good looking.

He’s a very serious man who smells like coffee almost all the time, lives alone and likes quiet places, which is why he lives in a small apartment even though he’s famous and rich and could afford a huge villa; he prefered cozy, calm places over big, empty ones. Also, the people who live in his building are mostly elderly people who don’t even know him.

 

Minho groans loudly when he hears loud noises outside; it was almost eleven in the morning, he was drinking his coffee and using his computer.

He walks to the door and opens it to find several boxed piled up and the door of the apartment across of his wide open. Someone was moving.

He shrugged and turned to close the door and go back inside, he had nothing to do with this anyway.

“Oh hello!” a voice called.

Minho turned  back around to find a boy with golden blonde hair standing by the doorway of the other apartment, he looked young, Minho assumed he was in his early twenties and-

“Wait,” the boy squinted his eyes and tilted his head as he walked towards Minho, “you’re Choi Minho, aren’t you?”

Oh great.

“I am-”

“Oh my, you’re even more handsome in real life”! the boy exclaimed.

Minho gave him a tiny, awkward smile before making a move to go back inside.

“I’m Lee Taemin, by the way.”

“I didn’t ask.”

“I can’t believe that the one and only Choi Minho is living just next door.” Taemin carried on like he heard nothing.

“I shall invite you to lunch someday,” Taemin suggested, “what food do you like?”

The boy is already talking too much. How Minho is going to live with this from today and on?

“Anyway, um….could you help me moving those boxes in please? They’re heavy-”

“Alright.” Minho interrupted, he’d do anything to get this kid to shut up.


 

Several days later, Minho heard someone knocking on his door, without even opening the door, he knew who was there.

“Hey Minho.” Taemin spoke as soon as he opened the door. Minho fought the urge to roll his eyes.

“Hey remember the lunch I told you about?” Taemin asked.

Minho wanted to say no, the boy talked about too many stuff the past few days and he couldn’t remember any of them.

“Well, I thought that maybe tomorrow you could come over.”

“Can’t,” Minho spoke for the first time, “I have a shoot tomorrow.” and shoots take hours.

“Oh.” was all that Taemin replied with, he looked genuinely disappointed. Minho felt guilty.

“How-how about Sunday?” Minho suggested.

Taemin’s face lit up as he smiled widely, “Great!”


 

Forty-eight hours later.

Minho walked in the blonde boy’s apartment; the walls were bright green, unlike his that were light blue, the place was somewhat crowded and messy, it was filled with furniture and many unnecessary stuff, it was too colorful-awfully colorful which explains a lot. It matches Taemin perfectly; very loud, very lively, very annoying.

They ate the dinner that Taemin cooked for them and talked-well Taemin actually talked while Minho tried not to fall asleep.

He regretted his suggestion of having a meal with the blonde boy.

Seriously, what was he thinking.

“What do you think, Minho?” Taemin’s voice slapped back to reality.

“Oh, good, I guess.” he answered cluelessly. He lost track of what Taemin was talking about.

“Good? You think it’s good that a customer was being rude to me because I’m gay?”

“What-weren’t you talking about painting your kitchen walls?”

“That was an hour ago.”


 

It’s been almost a month since Taemin moved in. Minho started getting used to the boy, he got closer to him (not by choice) and learned so many things about the boy. Even though he didn’t want to.

The boy is 21 years old-2 years younger than Minho, and is in arts college. He also works at a coffee shop and somewhere else, Minho can’t remember, to support himself.

And, if anything, the boy got more loquacious as the time passed which Minho wasn’t pleased about. He really missed peaceful mornings and quiet afternoons without having Taemin knocking on his door or blasting music in his apartment for an hour or so.

Right, he was a person who liked calmness over loudness and quiet over talkative yet he couldn’t deny that spending time with the blonde boy was something he secretly enjoyed. He talked too much, that’s right but Minho grew to like having someone babble about nonsense to him almost all the time.

He discovered that when Taemin informed that he’d be leaving for a week to visit his parents.

Minho felt lonely that week, even though he was surrounded by people all the time. He felt as if something was messing, something was not right.

He slept less during that week, always finding it hard to fall asleep, feeling like something was left undone.

Even if he daren’t admit it, he missed the boy.

He missed having Taemin knock on his door almost every single morning, asking about meaningless stuff just as an excuse to annoy him.

He missed getting stuck in the elevator with Taemin, even if it was for a few seconds before they both could leave to their destinations. Taemin always managed to vex him even if he only had few seconds to do so.

He missed having Taemin ask him for help.

He simply missed having the golden boy around. He made his days brighter, he made him feel more alive.

It is Friday, Taemin is supposed to come back home today. Unfortunately, Minho had to go to work.

“Thank you everybody.” he bowed respectfully to everyone when they took the last shot of him, finally freeing him.

Minho didn’t even bother change his clothes, he walked to the changing room, stuffed his things in his bag and hurried out.

He wasn’t sure why he was this excited to meet the boy, but he was.

Minho drove his car home, and when he got to the seventh floor he simply stared at Taemin’s door.

He stayed in his spot for a while, not knowing how long he was standing there for, or why he was standing there.

The door of Taemin’s apartment suddenly opened, revealing a Taemin with two garbage bags.

Both boys looked at each other in shock, clearly not expecting to see each other.

Minho’s face reddened a little, embarrassed that he was busted standing outside the boy’s flat like this.

“Hi Minho!” the boy greeted. He was smiling very widely. Minho liked his smile more than he could ever admit.

“Hi Tae.” he replied with a low voice.

“What are you doing here?” the blonde asked.

“I-I just got-I just came from work.” Choi Minho never stutters like an idiot.

“I see, well I also got home today,” Taemin said, “you know from my parent’s-”

“Yes, yes.” the older boy interrupted.

“By the way you look very handsome in that suit.” the blonde blurted out. Looking at the model dreamily, no traces of embarrassment on his face.

Minho always wondered where did he get all of that confidence from.

“Than-”

“I had so much fun at my parent’s, I missed you but I had a very good time. You know my brother, who’s actually younger than my got his driving license while I, the older one, haven’t got mine yet. Also, my mom invited all of our relatives when I got there and they made me sing for them, they liked it a lot and they said I’m very talented, I should perform to you once so you can tell me what do you think, yes?” Taemin spoke all at once, “I also told them about you, they said I’m very lucky to have a hot neighbor, I agree though.” the boy added shamelessly.

Minho looked at him with his huge eyes, trying to take in everything the boy just said.

“Oh and Minho I brought you some delicious snacks, and my mom sent you a slice of her apple pie, you have no idea how good-”

Minho walked to him, ignoring everything he was saying, cupped his face and smashed their lips together.

The model felt thousands of fireworks explode in head, it felt too good, too wonderful and sinfully amazing. Taemin’s lip were pillowy, plump and soft.

The younger boy gasped, obviously not expecting this to happen but started kissing him back seconds later, wrapping his arms loosely around Minho’s neck.

Minutes later, they pulled away, both panting heavily as their eyes locked together.

They simply looked at each other, taking in each other’s features.

“Oh and Minho-”

Shut up.

*

First, i'm sorry it took me so long.

Second, sorry it turned out lame.