Chapter 1: Introduction

The Red String

  Kim Kibum, aka Mr popular. Friends, money, looks, talents, he's got all of them. But there was one thing he didn't have. That one thing was what he dread for the most in his entire life. Love. Love from his family. This, was the loneliness he felt. Kibum long to feel the warmth from his family, to feel the love from a special someone.

On the outside, we see a happy and rich child, he seemed normal. But in his heart, it was coldness and loneliness. The loneliness could one be cured by people who were never there for him, never around him. His parents. Everyday, Kibum would walk into his house feeling nothing. He couldn't feel the warmth of his house, the warmth that welcomed everyone else everyday. His parents were always at work at different countries. Kibum has not felt the warmth of his family since he was 10. He is now 16. The only connection Kibum had with them was through emails which they rarely reply.

Kibum's POV

  Ugh, just the same old routine everyday. Go to school, act happy, be normal. Then come back home and feel the same old emptiness.

"How's your day?" Woohyun asked. Woohyun is my servant. But our relationship is more like a best friends relationship. So...yeah. We're best friends! He's the only person that keep my mind occupied, the only one in which i can tell everything to.

"How long have we known each other Woohyun?" I jokingly asked. He knew what my answer will be yet he still asks.

"Oh right, I forgot....." His smile can always cheer me up, at least for now.

We continued to chat on for a while before a received a text message from my friends.

From:Tae

To:Kibum

Sup, wanna hangout out at my place tonight? I also invited my crush over and I'm super duper nervous, come over quickly!! Also, can you stay at my place tonight? I've got lots to tell you.

"Hey Woohyun, I'm going out tonight and probably going to stay at my friend's place,"

"Sure, be careful!"

With that, I went out. Oh, I look forward to this friday night.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Kim Jonghyun, the mysterious boy that lives in a small slum like house. He was the complete opposite of Kim Kibum. Jonghyun had nothing, except for his stuffed puppy. He might be 17, but the stuffed puppy still managed to keep him occupied. His parents have abandoned him when he was just one years old. They saw Jonghyun as an accident, a curse. This has left Jonghyun on the streets, only to be found by an orphanage worker and brought to the orphanage. Life there was no better, he was seen as an outcast because of his snow like white hair, also just because well, no one saw any good in him, even the orphanage workers. Jonghyun was eventually kicked out of the orphanage when he was 14 because no one would adopt him, and the orphanage workers were tired of caring for someone that no one wants.

His school life was no better. He was the outcast. Everyone gave him weird looks, and they all thought he came from a dumpster. His past was long hidden deep in his heart. His entire life was full of sadness and loneliness. He has no idea what happiness felt like, or what how it felt to be loved, or to love people. He knew about the red string, and he believed it. He has just that tiny bit of hope in him which he never lost, even through the roughest times. But at the same time, he doubt that god has made anyone for him. Jonghyun knew that no one will ever be there for him.

Jonghyun's loneliness was what we usually would think of when we hear and see the word, loneliness. He has grown up and been on his own for his entire life, having little to no help at all. 

Jonghyun's POV

It's finally the weekends. 4 group projects to be done all on my own since everyone else was busy with their own stuff. Sometimes, I really wonder, why do I even exist? Do I even have anything to anticipate for in life? Maybe the special someone? Probably not.

I laid on my bed, looking at the stuffed puppy that I found in the pile of toys at the orphanage when I was 5. I was immediately attached to it, even till now. Don't judge me. 

"Would I ever know what happiness feels like? Or love, what does it feel like to love someone and be love? I really want to experience all these things," I said to my stuffed puppy. This stuffed puppy has been my chat buddy. I probably went a little crazy since I didn't have anyone to talk to in my entire life. I guess I'm starting to talk to plushes now. I'm feeling thinking about all this stuff. Just when can I stop thinking about it?! I'm a worthless boy that talks to plushes and nothing else. I'm a curse. 

With that, I let out a frustrated groan and turned off the light. I'm can finally travel to the peaceful darkness.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So......this is probably the shortest chapter u have ever seen. I actually don't know how much I should write. Guess I'll figure out soon. Thank you to those who commented and subscribed to my story! This just makes me even more excited to start this story. How are you guys liking it so far? Most of the jongkey stories that I read has kibummie as the "weaker one" so I decidede maybe add a little twist this time and make Jonghyun the "weaker one". I'm sleepy so guess it's a goodbye for today!

Lockatina