ones

Loser

It was just a regular rainy day. Silence had descended upon the small room for once: not an ounce of the usual cheeriness seemed to linger in the air. The children had long gone to bed, so it was only Seunghyun and Jiyong in the room, curled up by side to side. Neither said anything as they stared ahead, gazed on television albeit it had been silenced long ago.

"Do you think I am bad for them?" It was Jiyong who spoke up suddenly, his voice shaky  and soft."I.. I mean I am just a painter who rarely gets good jobs. What if they grow up to be like me?"

"Why would that be a problem?" the older of the two turned to look at the smaller man, spotting tears in his soft brown eyes."Why would anyone be unhappy because of that, hm?" he asked further as he got ne response at first. He knew well that Jiyong was nowhere near as strong as others thought. He had many worries and insecurities, and many of them revolved around how he had only managed to get an art degree. 

Seunghyun, on the other hand, had always admired him for being so talented, so perfect. For having enough strength to do what he truly wanted instead of obeying others.

"I'm just a painter with some talents. The kids need a parent who they can look up at, who won't inspire them to chase useless dreams and...." It was at that exact moment that Seunghyun chose to silence his long-time partner with a deep kiss, grasping his chin with quite some force.

"You are wonderful, Jiyong.." he whispered softly, panting slightly as he pulled away. He tenderly kissed away all the stray tears that dared to escape those usually lively eyes."And I would be happy if any of the triplets were to grow up to be like you. You are a beautiful man who I love more and more every single day. I want them to be like you, even if it is selfish of me.But you are tender and sweet, and very smart. You may not have a degree in Mathematics, but who cares? You are their father, and they adore you."

"I know... I know. It's just that sometimes I feel like they deserve more. Sometimes, my patience runs out. I end up yelling, I end up running around like a crazed man, even if I don't want to. I feel guilty for being like this, but."

"Everyone has ups and downs," murmured Seunghyun as he pecked the smaller's forehead lightly."Everyone does, and for that, no one should ever blame themselves. Just get up in the morning and try to see the bright part of everything. Ignore how this or that is bad. Just... let yourself enjoy it. Life may not be perfect oftentimes, but you can always make it better. Look around and smile instead of whining about this and that. You are one of the strongest people I know, and you are definitely the most beautiful one, too. All in all, you are...to me, perfect. Try to think of that and not anything else when something happens."

"I hate the rain for making me all sad for no reason.." Jiyong sniffed a little, a weak smile finally gracing his lips."Sorry for being like this..you know how I get in such a weather."

Seunghyun chuckled lightly, nodding a little."Yes, you always get way too emotional. But even the kids know it now, and they don't seem to be upset with it, so you shouldn't be sad either, okay?" 

Jiyong nodded, even if some sadness still shone in his eyes. He knew that he would be better by the next day or so though.. It always was like this. When he had a bad day, he happened to find something about himself that others may not have liked so much, and he would end up hating himself just a little... But it would pass eventually, especially if he had Seunghyun by his side.

He may have been a loser in many areas of life, but in one, he would always be a winner:

He had a perfect lover, after all.