From The Beginning

BRIDGES

June in the present year
JAKARTA, INDONESIA
8:23 PM

It was the beginning of the Ramadhan in the said city. Most of the Muslims; both rich and poor fast themselves because it is part of their obligation. They went to the mosque five times a day for prayers and giving thanks to Allah. Meanwhile, Non-Muslims such as Christians (mostly Protestants and Catholics), Hindus and other religions were staying in their homes, or going to the mall and doing their shopping time. But others went to the bars and having fun in the night clubs. Although drinking beers is not exist in the city, they're just definitely got wrong. Drinking beer, vodka and other alcoholic drinks are exist. Especially, smoking in different areas unless they weren't smoke in the no smoking areas. The tall buildings were sparkling by several lights. The crowd yet untidy traffic jam spreads all over the highway. The drivers behind were beeping their strong horns in their vehicles. The buses were fully vacant. Everything is no vacancy in riding the vehicles.

In Central Jakarta, where the rich businessmen lived and worked for years, a luxurious car ran faster on the crowded highway. The car's model is Lamborghini Estoque in color black. Inside the car, a guy wearing a long-sleeved baju batik in color black. His leather shoes were as black as ebony. Lastly, he was wearing a blazer made in batik cloth. He drove the car faster so that he wouldn't be late in his riding time. He had something to go while driving his car. Few seconds later, his cellphone is ringing. He heard the sound of his phone until he brought it. He answered the phone.

"Hello. Good evening. This is Mr. Thomas Ratnasaputra. From Ratnasaputra Group of Companies. Where Fantasia Real Estate belongs. What is your business for this hour?" Thomas asked in a serious manner.

"Good evening, Mr. Ratnasaputra. Are you available for this hour?" a businessman's voice asked him.

"Yes, I'm available. But who is this, sir? I didn't know you and you're asking if I'm available." Thomas replied.

"Hahaha. I forgot to tell who am I. By the way, this is Mr. Agusalim Purnamaraja. CEO from Gajah Mada Enterprises." said Mr. Purnamaraja.

"Oh, Mr. Purnamaraja. Good evening, sir. Why are you calling this hour? Do you have any appointmenets or something? Because I'm going home for taking a rest."

"That's okay, Mr. Ratnasaputra. In the meantime, the staff of the company is preparing for a success party. Then, the cuisines for the dinner is already prepared."

"Success party of what? I want to go there and inspect what kind of ugly thing is."

"I understand your feeling. The success party of Mr. Tanoesoebianto's company; the TGM Real Estate. The said company got 4 times in its shares just like our company. I'm definitely glad about it, Mr. Ratnasaputra."

"W-What? What did you say, sir? Are you asking my rival's stupid company?" Thomas asked in an anger.

"And also, Mr. Tanoesoebianto couldn't believe that issue yet he's very happy about their success. His boyfriend, Mr. Suryabandono was really proud of him. Then, these two were planning to buy more batik outfits as part of the company's prestigeous success."

"Hmm...that was the reason why his company got more successes rather than mine. I think your getting biased of what you are talking about, Mr. Purnamaraja. It seems like you're very proud of what you are mentioning for."

"I'm sorry, Mr. Ratnasaputra. To be honest, I'm not making a bias against him and you. Both of you are the best CEOs in different companies."

"Then, you should trust me rather than idiot and fool! He's just stealing his attention from me."

"No, sir. Both of you have differences. I-I'm just informing you the good news because your company is very good also. However, your rival's company made a success today. That's what I observed. I am not comparing you and to him honestly."

"Informing? Don't you know that you're making a defence for him?"

"I'm sorry, Mr. Ratnasaputra. I told you this time that I'm not comparing you and Mr. Tanoesoebianto. Both of you, especially mine are very good managers. However, you're just making your own argument against him. I think, we should end our conversation. Because it seems like you are totally over-pride and boastful."

"Huh! Okay. Let's end this conversation, Mr. Purnamaraja. Few hours later, I will be there and having a suspicion between the one I loved and...to him that I compete for his lover's heart. And also, beware of what you are talking about...Mr. Purnamaraja! I would let you down..."

"W-What? What are you talking a-abou--"

"Bye, !" he said as he directly ended their phone conversation by pressing the red button on his phone.

"This is the time were these two people made my blood boils. I would never stop loving Sultan and defeating my rival who treated and loved my lover endlessly. Because Sultan is mine! Mine...MINE!" he said himself.

Meanwhile, at TGM Real Estate building, the guests were there and talking to themselves. The businessmen congratulates Ferry for the success of his company.They congratulate him by shaking hands and a brotherly hug. Besides his businessmen, the local and foreign investors wanted to talk a long conversation to him. Ferry called one of his assistants and command to call Sultan for introducing him.

"Cathy, please I want you to approach Sultan to be here. The investors and the others wanted to talk with him." Ferry commanded her.

"Yes, sir." the assistant said.

In the other direction, Sultan was drinking a glass of chardonnay. He drink it lightly so that he will never get drunk. He was wearing a long-sleeved and collared black batik shirt. While drinking his chardonnay, the assistant approached him.

"Mr. Suryabandono." the assistant called him.

"Yes?" Sultan answered.

"Your boyfriend called you for a while. He told me that his investors wanted to see you." the assistant answered him.

"Okay. I will coming now. By the way, where's he?" he asked.

"He's with the investors and the businessmen. Come with me, sir." the assistant answered him.

"Okay. Thank you." Sultan answered.

Few seconds later, Sultan and the assistant reached to Ferry. Sultan smiled and showing his teeth as Ferry introduced him to his investors and the businessmen. Outside of the building, Thomas parked his car on the parking lot. He rushed his car and he closed the car's door. He walked faster as he entered the company's entrance.

"Good evening, sir." the security guard greeted to Thomas.

But Thomas didn't reply the answer of security guard. And the guard remained silent as Thomas went to the elevator. When he reached to the elevator, he pressed the 7th button and the elevator closed for few seconds. Meanwhile... 

"Everyone, this is my beloved boyfriend, Mr. Sultan Suryabandono. A trillionaire...the same as mine." Ferry introduced his boyfriend to the investors.

"Wow! You looked very hardworking...and polite. You're a trillionaire huh, Mr. Suryabandono." one of the investors asked Sultan.

"Very interesting..." the second investor commented.

"Yes, sir. It is. Actually, I'm the President and CEO of Batik Fashion House, the only company who sells batik clothing, fabrics and textiles. Those items were distributed here from Jakarta and other cities in Indonesia. But originally made here and other countries. Few years ago, our company got enormous stocks and we were get highest shares from other countries."

"Ah...that's wonderful, Mr. Suryabandono. By the way, Mr. Ferry Tanoesoebianto is the only person who made you most-beloved in his love life." the third investor said to Sultan.

"Thank you, Mr. Hardanto. Actually, our relationship is about 7 years already. Then, I'm so glad that he's with me in my heart and...in my life also. That's why we were getting stronger" Sultan said to the investors.

Ferry smiled at Sultan and he embraced his boyfriend on the shoulders. Sultan looked at his boyfriend's face and they smiled to each other. The investors and the businessmen were gladly supported them. But deep inside, Sultan doubled his mind because he had another 'first and most-beloved lover' in his life. It was Thomas in his heart. Ferry and Thomas were both his most-beloved lovers. However, he will remained his heart to Ferry to avoid complication.

"Why don't you say 'I love you' to your boyfriend, Mr. Ferry? In front of us." one of the investors asked him.

"Hahaha. I would never say that. May be it will become an issue." Ferry answered in a joke.

"Oh. You're too anxious in saying that phrase, huh. Now come on. Say it to him or else we will be sad." the investor replied.

Sultan laughed silently to the investors' joke.

"Okay, okay. I will begin in saying I love you to him." Ferry said to the investors and he cleared his throat.

He called his boyfriend's name and he said I love you to Sultan. When his boyfriend heard the phrase, he answered the phrase again to Ferry until the investors cheered for them. Suddenly, Thomas said I love you to Sultan strongly as he suspected the two people. Until Ferry and Sultan stunned together as they saw Thomas in front.

"Mr. Ratnasaputra--" says Mr. Hardanto.

"Yes, Mr. Hardanto. I came here in this part to see the one...the one who made my heart. And the one I loved from the first. No other than...It's you, Sultan." Thomas admitted to Sultan.

The investors stunned about Thomas's words.

"Thomas?" Sultan called him.

"T-Thomas, w-what are you doing here?" Ferry asked him.

"Am I making your party...destroy? I-I don't think so, Ferry. I came here in your party to congratulate from your company's success. It's still successful and prestigous as people think. But MY company will be more successful than your. Because in the later years, it will be thrown by junk." said Thomas to Ferry.

"Stop it, Thomas! I don't believe that you're here to threaten me such non-sense things from you. But it's okay. It's a challenge. You're the one whose making a threat against me." Ferry smiled and he answered directly.

"Don't you know why my company is still number one...because I have more shares I received rather from your own. And besides, I'm lucky enough with the one I loved." Ferry boasted.

"Ferry, Thomas, Stop it! I don't want to hear such comparisons." said Sultan.

"Huh! I know what you meant." Thomas said.

"Really? Well, it deserves me to become a successor of Sultan's heart. Then, stop arguing us and you can leave now. You're such an intruder!" Ferry insulted to Thomas.

"Intruder? Intruder? Hahaha. Cheater! Are you kidding me?" Thomas said.

"Thomas, stop it! I'm in love with someone else. I loved the one I've loved. And no other than its him. My y lover, Ferry" Sultan said.

"See? Sultan choosed me as his most-beloved lover. I was the one who loved him. But you? You're just competing to love him against me." Ferry answered Sultan's words.

"Blah...haha. I'm impressed to your words, Ferry. You're just pretending that you are with Sultan. Don't get me wrong, Ferry. Don't you know that Sultan has another first and most-beloved lover?" Thomas said.

"I know what you're talking about. Don't make me threaten to be sad, Thomas. I think you should go home now. If not, I will smack you down here!" Ferry argued in an anger.

"Huh! I remained standing. I won't stop! Anyway, I just want to tell you the truth...That you and I are Sultan's first and most-beloved lovers." 

The guests and the other people looked and surprised at them. 

"N-No. I couldn't believe it." Ferry shocked.

"Yes. You should believe the real truth from your boyfriend's mistake." Thomas said.

"And you, Sultan. I will ask you. Who would you choose? The man that you loved? Answer me! The truth!" he asked Sultan.

Sultan couldn't answer the hardest question from Thomas. Ferry couldn't believe about Sultan's behavior for being innocent and loving someone.

"I would say both. Both of you!" Sultan admitted.

Ferry and Thomas smiled fiercely as Sultan held Ferry's hands tightly. Then, Ferry held his hand. Thomas suspected it and he got jealous.