Late Night Chat

Late Night Chats

Kwon Jiyong had made it. After twelve hours of being stuck at the studio, he was finally released from the rat hole to go home. Don't get him wrong he loves his work, but is it such a bad thing to look forward to going home after a long day of work. 

That was only half the reason he was looking forward to being home though. Today was going to be the last day his baby girl was going to be home before she left for Hawaii for a shooting, he felt horrible not being with her, but what can he do. So, he promised her that he was gonna make it home, instead of knocking out at the studio.

Sandara Park was tired. She had been packing the whole day for her trip to Hawaii. She should've been used to this by now, considering how much she travels, but every time she packs she always has one thing running through her head every time she's about to pack an article of clothing. Well, really it's multiple, but they all center around the saem thing. 'Would Jiyong be okay with me wearing this?' and 'He wouldn't think this is too revealing would he?' She's gone through this before, and there have been times where he believed were too revealing and he would drop everything and call her telling her to change, or if it was too late, to scold her.

By the time she had packed what she deemed appropriate, it was eight in the evening and she had started at two in the afternoon. Six hours of packing, for a week trip. And she had made a mess in her walk-in closet which had trailed out into her and Jiyong's bedroom. It took her anouther hour to clean, so she hadn't even gotten dinner until nine. Devouring her chinese takeout, she had the tv to the news only to see the news that she had missed since she was drowned in her closet the whole day.

Opening their apartment door, Jiyong quietly announced he was home. He thought Dara was asleep until he saw a tiny little burnnette head, popping up from the couch.

"Oh. waso?" Dara said. 

"Neh. Annyeong baby girl." He dropped his laptop bag on the kitchen counter and made his way to the couch. Dara was on the far end so Jiyong crawled from the other end and promptly wrapped his arms around the waist of his baby girl and rubbed his face on her clothed belly. She was older than him, but that was still his favorite nickname for her. She chuckled at his childish behavior.

"What are you watching?" He asked, looking up from her stomach. He didn't have to though, the screen was pretty self-explanatory. It was today's news. The image made his heart drop, just like it did with Dara's when she first saw it.

"So, Youngbae revealed his relationship, huh?" Dara said. Her eyes were downcast.She had wished that the couple revealed on the television set had been them. She wished that it wasn't so hard to go outside as a couple. She wished she could claim Jiyong as hers without anything getting in the way. They had been together longer anyways. It had been together 4 years.

Jiyong felt horrible. She had noticed him stiffen up on her lap when he had comprehended what was on the screen. He sat up and brought his head to her shoulder. 

"I am so sorry." Jiyong said.

Dara knew it wasn't his fault, in fact they had gotten so close to getting YG to reveal their relationship after another one of the media's misconception of Jiyong and Kiko's relationship. The scandal had almost let YG allow their coming out to finally stop the false scandals. Jiyong and Kiko had been together once, but that was before Dara. They were still on friendly terms, obviously through the pictures, but they weren't involved in that type of relationship anymore especially after Dara came into the picture.

But, shortly after they were about to make the big reveal came Se7en oppa's scandal and in-house relationships once again became a nondiscussable. 

"It's okay." Dara said. "It isn't your fault."

"No, it is. I should've tried harder with sajangnim. If I had then, we wouldn't have to be feeling this way with Youngbae's reveal. We could've been happy for him, since we were happy for ourselves. But instead, we're here wishing it could've been us." Jiyong said.

Dara pulls away from Jiyong and grabs his face. 

"It is not your fault. We both know sajangnim wasn't going to let it happen anyways, the release of your album and my web drama. We still have time. It's not like there is a rush."

There wasn't a rush, but they knew for the both of them, it was about time. Truthfully they had tried to get together in the past, ever since her trainee days too. They were so close, until YG noticed their up and coming relationship through Jiyong's collab with Dara with Hello during his solo album. YG had made it clear to them that there are no in-house relationships, he had even given BigBang more Japan promotions to make his words clear. That was when Jiyong became depressed and had gotten together with Kiko Mizuhara, albeit they were drunk and whatever had originally happened was a tangling of limbs due to the drinking. He broke it off quickly after a few awkward dates, but he had found that they were better and more natural as friends. But, even after that scandal, Jiyong was becoming more reliant on the constant parties and that's what eventually lead to the scandal. It was horrible and that was basically when Dara came to the rescue. He believed that in the past he only had a crush on Dara, but after being in her constant presence again due to her helping him with the scandal he finally realized that the whole time he's known her, his feelings were bigger than he could've imagined. He realized that had been why he was so depressed when YG had rejected them from being together. He realized that that's why he ddn't feel it with Kiko. It was because of Dara.

He got all of his problems straightened out and then went to YG and declared that if he can't be with Dara he would just continue what he had been doing before. YG wasn't harsh he just had wanted what he thought was best for his artist and at the time, seperating them was what he thought was best. This time though he knew he wasn't going to make the same mistake. He let them be together after many years of waiting.The only thing was, Dara was still on her no-dating contract, so there would be no revealing. And they could live with that. After it had ended, that was when they first attempted to convince YG if they could reveal. The idea was shot down. they tried three more times, but after the third 'no' they gave up. As long as they were still together that is what counts, is what they thought to keep themselves sane. 

Three long years later and still nothing. They had only tried pushing again when Jiyong's scandal with Kiko broke out, and that was their closest attempt to success.

"Jiyong-ah. How bout we just go to bed, uhn?" Dara asks. Jiyong nods.

They make their way to their bedroom. Finally, after changing and getting to settle in, Jiyong looks at the dresser that was across their bed. It was shared between him and Dara. All the drawers to the left were filled with Dara's stuff and all the drawers to the right were filled with his stuffed. The top most drawer was filled with his socks so they were easily accessible. In the bottom of that drawer there was a sock with a cartoon version of himself with his arm wrapped around a cartoon version of Dara, fanmade, from their "Hello" days. Inside that sock was a velvet box. Inside that velvet box was something he was planning to use when the timing was right, that would force sajangnim to reveal his and Dara's relationship, and most importantly make the sleeping brunnette curled up next to him, his.

---------------------------------------------------------

Hello. This story is short and to the point. I have been reading a lot of dramione fanfiction lately and kind of adopted this style of writing. For those that can't make out what ship dramione is it's Draco and Hermione. Sorry I'm a nerd that loves it when the bad guy and a good girl get together. Anyways this story's reflection on the timing in the real world is probably incorrect, but I at dates so this will just be my interpretation of the big things that happened in their lives. Tomorrow is the release of BigBang's 'If You' and 'Sober'. Literally shaking in the midst of waiting. In other words, I can't wait.

Hope you enjoyed this little ficlet that came into my mind when I felt the urge to type.

Bye bye!

MichiDago <3